NEWS

Augmented Maximum and qualities

• 33 Replies

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <05-13-18/1912:02> »
Does anyone have any ruling about wether qualities are subject to augmented limits or even racial maximums?
As for Redliner the intent is clearly that the increase to your overall natural attributes is subject to augmented maximum (+4 over the natural, unaugmented attribute).

I have no reason to believe that the increase to your overall natural attributes you get from the positive quality Cyber Singular Seeker would be any different.

Is there any other quality that you are wondering about...?

Clarifications from Backgammon:

I would second the request on a clarification of Redliner affecting the character's stats, or the character's cyberlimbs. As it reads now, it seems like an expensive chunk of karma for a fairly minimal gain.
Oh dear. Didn't see that. The intent is It should affect your overall attributes (or natural attribute, if you want to call it that), NOT only the limb attributes.

Wait... so Redliner affects both the Limb and your overall attributes?
What it does is up to your GM. What I intended is that it affect the overall attribute and the limb.

Also: Is the bonus from Redliner an Augmentation Bonus, or just an "Enhancement"?
I don't want to open by books, so are you asking if it counts towards/can be limited by the Augmented Maximum Attributes? If so, yes, it can cap. You cannot go over the Augmented Maximums.

Unanswered questions:

A second part of that second question is compatibility:
Given that the cyberlimbs now increase the physical stats of the rest of the body, they might be incompatible with bioware augmentations to the muscles.

As for Redliner we still haven't heard if it's supposed to push a cyberlimb (which already bypasses the normal Natural and Augmented stuff) to being able to get +5's to Agi and Strength with +3 Enhancements. 

Observation from the German version:

Took a peek at my german ChromeFlesh (Bodyshop).
There is an optional rule for the bodylimit:
If you have 4 cyberlimbs, you can now use their stats for the physical limit
(This one is actually pretty huge. Also make total sense to use cyberlimbs attributes for physical limits if you are more machine than man.)

Mollari

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <05-13-18/1930:31> »
Thanks Xenon

I'm happy with the fact that redliner increases the cyber and natural attributes.
My only query was weather there were any direct commentary on how qualities work with regards to attributes and augmented limits.

There are only 3 qualities that increase attributes to my knowledge:
Redliner
Cyber Singularity
Driven

All other attribute related qualities either add to the dice pool, or explicitly alter the racial limits. These three are the unique ones that just give an attribute.

Thanks guys for all your help. I guess there just isn't any real RAW comment on:
"Qualities can raise your attribute (up to the augmented maximum)" sort of comment.

Thanks all. What messy qualities lol.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #32 on: <05-13-18/2346:43> »
My only query was weather there were any direct commentary on how qualities work with regards to attributes and augmented limits.

This is the direct quote from the 5th corrected printing of the core book page 94.
This applies to all sources of attribute increases. Whatever the source, or combination of sources, the
maximum bonus for any attribute is always +4, unless specifically excepted.

This to me implies it would be to Qualities as well and only if it says it does not apply does it not apply.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Mollari

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <05-14-18/0021:11> »
Ahhh perfect!

I guess I don't have this 'corrected' printing version.

Thank you! This is pretty clear. I just wanted some form of direct or definitive comment that either:

1) qualities are subject to augmented max
2) everything except exceptions are subject to augmented max

This pretty well confirms the second.

Thanks man!