NEWS

Double Clutch Vehicle Designs FIELD TESTERS WANTED

• 10 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <10-19-21/0443:58> »
I've tried to create an excel file to take the skull sweat out of the vehicle design... and I'd really like some help field testing it for errors!

On the upside it will hopefully make recreating old vehicles from previous versions of SR easy, along with new creations...

<SR Resources>

I'm planning on making the Horizon-Doble Revolution from SR4, and maybe a hover board (although that may take a bit more creative license) as a first step...

Thanks  ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-21/1244:07> »
I will give a work out and see how it meshes up with what I used to build that chapter.

I didn't put my sheet out for public consumption yet because it was just an ugly throw together to test theories while writing.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-19-21/1518:17> »
Awesome, thanks Banshee :)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-20-21/0457:20> »
Horizon-Doble Revolution [Enclosed Monocycle] – originally in SR4 ‘Arsenal’

[H3/3, A17, I20, Sp190, B5, A4, P2, S2, St1] w. Smart Tire

Bike 3BP
Wheeled 10BP
Intermediate Console 5BP
Improved Bod 1 4BP
Improved Armour 2 2BP
Decreased Seat -2BP
Improved Accel 1 5BP

Mass Produced x0.5

Smart Tire 1200 nuyen

Total cost 14700 nuyen

This one is a bit more of a reach and the build is open to interpretation so comments welcome!

Evo Stormcloud [Hover board]

[H1, A6, I45, Sp100, B3, A1, P1, S1, St1*] w. Rigger Interface, Gecko Straps

Small Drone 8BP
Hover 12BP
Basic Console 3BP
Improved Bod 1 4BP
Improved Accel 2 10BP

Drone + Mass Produced x0.25

Gecko Tips 2 3000 nuyen (this provides the ‘seat’ as the rider is ‘glued’ to the board)

Total cost 12750 nuyen

A secondary VTOL propulsion system would give limited flight time for +27000 nuyen but availability would climb to 7…

« Last Edit: <10-20-21/0744:11> by Aria »

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-20-21/0928:15> »

overall the sheet itself works out, might be a few layout changes I would make just for visual appeal and user friendliness if you wanted to take the time for extra features.

Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-20-21/0931:29> »

Small Drone 8BP
Hover 12BP
Basic Console 3BP
Improved Bod 1 4BP
Improved Accel 2 10BP

Gecko Tips 2 3000 nuyen (this provides the ‘seat’ as the rider is ‘glued’ to the board)

Total cost 12750 nuyen

A secondary VTOL propulsion system would give limited flight time for +27000 nuyen but availability would climb to 7…

a sublte yet important note ... drones don't carry passengers. start with a bike chassis and decrease size
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-20-21/1005:28> »

Small Drone 8BP
Hover 12BP
Basic Console 3BP
Improved Bod 1 4BP
Improved Accel 2 10BP

Total cost 12750 nuyen

a sublte yet important note ... drones don't carry passengers. start with a bike chassis and decrease size
Ah, that makes sense, was wondering how to get close to the jet pack designs… will have a go at rewriting this one :)

Although isn’t the Vulcan Systems Jump Master an alternative jet pack design which is a drone? I might have misinterpreted that though…?

overall the sheet itself works out, might be a few layout changes I would make just for visual appeal and user friendliness if you wanted to take the time for extra features.
It was based on my character generator but any suggestions for making it easier to use are always welcome :)
« Last Edit: <10-20-21/1008:15> by Aria »

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-20-21/1054:33> »

Ah, that makes sense, was wondering how to get close to the jet pack designs… will have a go at rewriting this one :)

Although isn’t the Vulcan Systems Jump Master an alternative jet pack design which is a drone? I might have misinterpreted that though…?

[/quote]

sort of ... while worn it only acts as an assistant to the jumper/skydiver ... the self propulsion only functions while operating on its own. So yes it's a drone, but while you can wear it for skydiving it does not have the power to actually carry you.

"Note that this flight system is not useable when a jumper or passenger is attached."
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-20-21/1100:09> »

It was based on my character generator but any suggestions for making it easier to use are always welcome :)

it's kind of nitpicky and I would worry about it unless you end up with some downtime and want to fidget with it, but ...

the sheet allows you to double dip and select multiple items from the same category that are technically exclusive so people could easily make a mistake is they don't know that. this would be the tedious coding portion though.

some header or format clarification separating the design categories would help. you have them bolded but maybe a clear color band would help out
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-20-21/1803:36> »
2nd attempt:

[H1, A13, I45, Sp115, B2, A2, P1, S1, St1] w. Rigger Interface, Gecko Strip Plate

Bike 3BP
Hover 12BP
Basic Console 3BP
Improved Bod 2 8BP
Decreased Seats -2BP
Decreased Size 2 -8BP
Improved Top Speed 1 5BP

Mass Produced x0.5

Rigger Interface 1000 nuyen

Total cost 15500 nuyen

Evo Hurricane [Hover board]

As above + secondary VTOL propulsion system would give limited flight time for +18000 nuyen but availability would climb to 7…

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <10-20-21/1808:29> »
Oh and I’ve updated the file with some of Banshee’s suggestions to hopefully make the file more user friendly. Happy to finesse further, this is a WIP!

Now let’s see what other vehicles people can come up with :D