NEWS

Vehicles (andmods) that are missing from SR4

• 89 Replies

_Pax_

« Reply #30 on: <06-05-12/0954:34> »
As far as mods go, I'd like to see a light and extra light weapon mounts for SMG or lower and holdout sized weapons respectively. I see know reason why the iBall (just for an example) can't house a Scout or something similar. Likewize, I miss tossing Machine Pistols on top of Gaz-Nikis.

I'd also like to see rules for linked weapons so you can fire them with the same action.

I have houseruled those sorts of things in.  I'll share, if you like.  :)

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #31 on: <06-05-12/1124:46> »
That said, I'd like vehicle creation rules myself.  But I'm not ready for SR5 yet, and wish not to tempt the curse.

What curse is this ye speak of?

What is a Firm Point?

Yes, I would like to see your House rules, Pax :) I love reading house rules. :D
« Last Edit: <06-05-12/1127:04> by Mason »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #32 on: <06-05-12/1203:03> »
Apparently, the Rigger 2 and 3 books came shortly before 2nd and 3rd editions ended, so superstitious people believe there's a curse.

Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

_Pax_

« Reply #33 on: <06-05-12/1208:26> »
Yes, I would like to see your House rules, Pax :) I love reading house rules. :D
Your wish is my command:

Vehicle Modification: Weapon Mounts
… to allow smaller drones to carry very small weapons, and to make mid-sized drones not always carry an LMG, the following changes are used:

Basic Frame
  • Mini Weapon Mount (Minidrone); 1 slot / 500 nuyen; kit, threshold 3 Can mount Holdout and Light Pistols.
  • Light Weapon Mount (Standard); 1 slot / 1000 nuyen; kit, threshold 6 Can mount Heavy Pistols, Machine Pistols, and SMGs.
  • Standard Weapon Mount (Standard); 1 slot / 1,500 nuyen; kit, threshold 9 Can mount any rifle, shotgun, or generally rifle-sized grenade launcher.  Minimum body of 4.
  • Reinforced Weapon Mount (Standard); 2 slots / 3,000 nuyen; shop, threshold 12 Can mount Light and Medium Machineguns, and man-portable Assault Cannons.  Minimum body of 6; may only have one per 5 body (round down).
  • Heavy Weapon Mount (Standard); 3 slots / 10,000 nuyen; shop, threshold 15 Can mount Heavy Machineguns and vehicle-scale weapons (e.g., rotary assault cannons).  Minimum body of 14; may only have one per 10 body (round down).
Mobility
  • Fixed; +0 slots / 1,000 nuyen;
  • Flexible; +1 slot / 3,000 nuyen; +6 threshold
  • Turret; +3 slots / 5,000 nuyen; +16 threshold

Visibility
  • External; +0 slots / 0 nuyen
  • Internal; +2 slots / 1,000 nuyen; +6 threshold
  • Concealed; +3 slots / 4,000 nuyen; +10 threshold

Special
  • Manual Control; +1 slot /
  • Remote Control; +0 slots /

I specifically crafted them to make them as compatible-without-conversion as possible with the existing rules.  Really, the only judgement call is whether or not to call an existing, ordinary weaponmount in the RAW "Standard" or "Reinforced" in my houserules (IOW, "Can it hold an LMG, or not?").

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #34 on: <06-05-12/1210:03> »
On the other hand, when you let people to create their own goodies, that is always the test for the system that shows you lack of ballance and many other flaws there are. SRA nightmare is to let people to create their own matrix goodies, and right after that Vehicles, since vehicle combat is something absolutely ridiculous IMO...(funny in tha game that almost beggs for vehicle chasing, racing with gangs and cops, smuggling/evading coastguards etc...)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <06-05-12/1602:09> »
Nor are there rules for trailer trucks ("18 wheelers"), exactly.
Anyone else got things they wish were afailable, vehicle-wise, but just aren't in any of hte official sources?

There is the Zugsmachine in Arsenal I think.  That's a trailer truck (at least the cabin part of it).
And I know in one of my PbPs the rigger has an upgraded zugsmachine, a bit like the truck in Knight Rider.  So there must be a way to do this, although I must say I'm not sure how exactly.  I mostly go with the Rover 2068 if I'm the vehicle character, as it is the best vehicle IMO (after some mods).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

_Pax_

« Reply #36 on: <06-05-12/1738:28> »
I should clarify: the rules for handlign the trailer part, are missing.  Imagine all the drone launch/landing systems you could pack into one of those!!  :)  (And still have reasonable cargo room, too.)

Or, a tandem setup, with three trailers - the backmost of which is NOT for cargo, but for weapons, sleeping accomodations, etc.

There's so many possibilities ... and they all need houserules front-to-back.  :(

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #37 on: <06-05-12/2032:02> »
Well, if you look in Arsenal, pg 110, it basically says that the trailer adds 6 Body, and costs 20K, as well as making the vehicle less maneuverable and slower.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

_Pax_

« Reply #38 on: <06-05-12/2056:43> »
Yes, but logically, the trailer should be able to accept more than 6 points of vehicle modifications.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #39 on: <06-05-12/2137:42> »
I should clarify: the rules for handlign the trailer part, are missing.  Imagine all the drone launch/landing systems you could pack into one of those!!  :)  (And still have reasonable cargo room, too.)
Or, as suggested before, you could have a supercar Trans Am drive into the back for maintenance and mission briefings.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <06-05-12/2244:19> »
Or, as suggested before, you could have a supercar Trans Am drive into the back for maintenance and mission briefings.  ;D

My group has told me I cannot do that...and that I especially cannot have teh semi and trailer painted black except for the white Paladin/Have Gun, Will Travel chess piece on the side.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #41 on: <06-05-12/2254:48> »
My group has told me I cannot do that...and that I especially cannot have teh semi and trailer painted black except for the white Paladin/Have Gun, Will Travel chess piece on the side.
Why not?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <06-05-12/2319:31> »
Why not?
I guess they're not fans of '60s TV shows.

« Last Edit: <06-05-12/2322:59> by TheNarrator »

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <06-06-12/0544:53> »
Know ye not the Rigger's Black Book curse?

Yes I do
and I also know about the "self-fulfilling-Prophesy"bit ;)

HokaHey
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #44 on: <06-06-12/0611:03> »
Your wish is my command:

Vehicle Modification: Weapon Mounts
… to allow smaller drones to carry very small weapons, and to make mid-sized drones not always carry an LMG, the following changes are used:

Basic Frame
  • Mini Weapon Mount (Minidrone); 1 slot / 500 nuyen; kit, threshold 3 Can mount Holdout and Light Pistols.
  • Light Weapon Mount (Standard); 1 slot / 1000 nuyen; kit, threshold 6 Can mount Heavy Pistols, Machine Pistols, and SMGs.
  • Standard Weapon Mount (Standard); 1 slot / 1,500 nuyen; kit, threshold 9 Can mount any rifle, shotgun, or generally rifle-sized grenade launcher.  Minimum body of 4.
  • Reinforced Weapon Mount (Standard); 2 slots / 3,000 nuyen; shop, threshold 12 Can mount Light and Medium Machineguns, and man-portable Assault Cannons.  Minimum body of 6; may only have one per 5 body (round down).
  • Heavy Weapon Mount (Standard); 3 slots / 10,000 nuyen; shop, threshold 15 Can mount Heavy Machineguns and vehicle-scale weapons (e.g., rotary assault cannons).  Minimum body of 14; may only have one per 10 body (round down).
Mobility
  • Fixed; +0 slots / 1,000 nuyen;
  • Flexible; +1 slot / 3,000 nuyen; +6 threshold
  • Turret; +3 slots / 5,000 nuyen; +16 threshold

Visibility
  • External; +0 slots / 0 nuyen
  • Internal; +2 slots / 1,000 nuyen; +6 threshold
  • Concealed; +3 slots / 4,000 nuyen; +10 threshold

Special
  • Manual Control; +1 slot /
  • Remote Control; +0 slots /

I specifically crafted them to make them as compatible-without-conversion as possible with the existing rules.  Really, the only judgement call is whether or not to call an existing, ordinary weaponmount in the RAW "Standard" or "Reinforced" in my houserules (IOW, "Can it hold an LMG, or not?").

Why does manual control cost MORE slots? I would think....oh you mean, it has manual and remote control capabilities, whereas the other has remote only, right?