NEWS

Ares S-III Super Squirt

• 24 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #15 on: <04-05-18/2339:51> »

Instant Riot:  Firehose + DMSO + Kamikaze!  ;D  (Or, you know, belt-fed grenade launcher with gas grenades full of Kamikaze.).
...better DMSO and K-10.  Totally berserk insane riot.

My little trouble maker Leela  would love one of those GLs.

oh god no. That's just massacre in a spray can form. 

You will never leave that Battlefield. You might walk away from it, but it will haunt your dreams forever.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #16 on: <04-15-18/2258:10> »
...OK here's the scenario for a great diversion:  Fly a Sundowner drone loaded with the DMSO/K10 cocktail over a crowd.  Instant insane riot which will probably draw major attention of law enforcement along with the media away from what you and your chummers are doing.
« Last Edit: <04-15-18/2302:31> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-16-18/1106:42> »
...OK here's the scenario for a great diversion:  Fly a Sundowner drone loaded with the DMSO/K10 cocktail over a crowd.  Instant insane riot which will probably draw major attention of law enforcement along with the media away from what you and your chummers are doing.

If you don't mind have a LOT of collateral damage and even more innocent blood on your hands. For my new yen, Magical illusions are a lot more distracting and a LOT less lethal
Thinking
com
speaking

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #18 on: <04-16-18/2127:54> »
...true much "cleaner" as long as the spells are high enough force to overcome everyone in the area's WIL + LOG.  Even better, not only illusions but a couple area manipulation spells like Foreboding or Mob Mind to make the illusion seem even more convincing.  That is something my Wednesday and her spirit of man would do. She casts and sustains the Trid Phantasm, while the spirit casts and sustains a Mob Mind convincing them the illusion is real.   

Yeah the DMSO/K10 drone scenario is a total over the top pink mohawk approach.  I've been in a few campaigns where several of the characters would actually consider such a plan.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-16-18/2238:42> »
You do know that, if someone is lucky enough not simply to stay permanently berserk (A common problem with K10) they will suffer 18S unsoakable when it wears off, which given, that they almost certainly will have take at-least some damage while berserk. Means the death of almost everyone who it takes effect on. Never mind the fact that K10 is only the drug in the game where addiction from the first is actually reasonably likely. So should some tragic soul live through such horrifying experience they will have to deal with that problem, for the rest of their lives. Never mind the terrible deaths of all first responders, facing a mob berserk street sam level fighters.

It's not a Pink Mohawk solution in anyway, I love Pink Mohawk game play and solutions, that plan is mass murder. Really it's several degrees worse, b/c before those poor people die, they will tear each other apart, mother kill their children, lovers killing their partners.  It's simply horrific. By any modern term  it would be a mass terror attack.
« Last Edit: <04-16-18/2303:44> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #20 on: <04-17-18/2221:09> »
...true, it is more something I could see some terror extremist group perpetrating rather than a runner team, would make for a very challenging job to take them down.

Again, I've played with some really serious hard core people in the past who would turn "good cop bad cop" into "bad cop worse cop" and not worry about collateral damage (in one scenario, Portland City Hall was blown up as a distraction [2nd ed]).

Anyway like I mentioned in my previous post, I do agree the use of magic as a distraction (or paying a gang to go about robbing Stuffer Shacks) is a much more viable and "sane" option.  The caveat is you need to cast at a reasonably high force level to affect a decent number of people, and that usually means taking physical drain (spirits can only cast spells up to their force rating) or your mages having power foci, several initiate grades and the spell shaping metamagic.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #21 on: <04-17-18/2251:12> »
...getting back to the topic at hand again the current version of the Super Squirt III  is described more that of a capsule/gel round than the original squirt gun it was in 3rd ed.  So yes, why bother with the exotic skill when capsule rounds can do just as well (an Ares Crusader loaded with Pepper Punch can be very effective in suppression mode).

One of our Missions FAQ committee members has the advance release of Street Lethal for Missions evaluation and in there is a carbine styled weapon that is a true squirt/spray gun that can be used in full auto mode to "hose down" an area with DMSO/Narco. It does take Exotic Weapons skill, but when you can knock out several people in one action that would make it worth taking.  Granted not good against armour with chemseal, but for annoying gangers or average facility guards it can be quite effective and not leave a body count. 

To deal with guards in chemseal, nothing better than an Ares Sonic Rifle set at moderate choke.  My namesake has used it effectively on several occasions.

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <04-23-18/2058:10> »
...OK here's the scenario for a great diversion:  Fly a Sundowner drone loaded with the DMSO/K10 cocktail over a crowd.

I think somebody did that already. Neuromancer?
wdg

ShadowMaster

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <05-12-18/2347:29> »
Really why are dart guns using exotic weapon skills. Dart guns are made today to work exactly like a standard firearm. They are made in such a way that if you know how to fire a rifle or pistol you will know how to use them to. The only thing you won't know is what is needed to make the ammo, ie dosage for a particular target, and that is more of a knowledge skill.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #24 on: <05-16-18/2332:08> »
...back in older editions, didn't they use pistols/rifle skill?  Would make sense as the projectile is fired by an "expanding" force (be it via air or combustion) inside the weapon's firing chamber. 

Now I could understand a Gyro Jet being considered "exotic" even though technically it is a heavy pistol since it fires a small rocket propelled projectile.