NEWS

Every day carry for a Shadowrunner?

• 153 Replies

andrew_980

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <09-25-11/1309:03> »
My current character only carries tazers, fully legal.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #16 on: <09-26-11/0601:01> »
Quote from: Someone about Slivergun
"But it can't fire less lethal rounds"
Ah, you see, that's the hidden bonus of the slivergun!
Against most of the targets you'll face, it actually IS nonlethal in disguise.
Armored clothes often have an Impact value of around 4-5. Auctioneer Business Clothing has only 3, but add a helmet, bodysuit or some PPP and it's got more.
Combined with flechette's +5AP, more often than not the damage won't be enough to pierce the armor and be converted to stun instead.
So shoot someone with a Steampunk outfit (7 impact) with a Slivergun: 8P+3hits = 11P. Not enough to pierce 12(7+5) armor so it becomes stun damage. Add another 5 damage from long narrow burst: 16S incoming to be soaked with body+impact, let's say 16 dice (4 body + 12 mod. armor) for 5-6 hits average, the target's sound asleep but not dead, with barely any dangerous overflow.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-27-11/0116:01> »
I have always found the Shock Gloves are a great thing to begin with.  on top of that, the Ares Predator IV even according to the book as a standard gun carried by most shadowrunners.  Katana, Monofilament Whip, Cybereyes, and Wired Reflexes are all pretty much standard gear when you think about it.  with the exception of Technomancers, and those with the Magic skill, those are the most common items bought at Chargen.

I'll have to see if I can dig out that character that one of my players made that had 10 Monofilament Whips in fingertip compartments in SR2 or SR3...

I had someone who played one of those, unfortunately they completely biffed their first combat roll, then completely biffed their soak roll, so they became a greasy stain on the streets within 6 seconds of combat.
Living the Electronic Dream

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #18 on: <09-27-11/0552:55> »
I have always found the Shock Gloves are a great thing to begin with.  on top of that, the Ares Predator IV even according to the book as a standard gun carried by most shadowrunners.  Katana, Monofilament Whip, Cybereyes, and Wired Reflexes are all pretty much standard gear when you think about it.  with the exception of Technomancers, and those with the Magic skill, those are the most common items bought at Chargen.

I'll have to see if I can dig out that character that one of my players made that had 10 Monofilament Whips in fingertip compartments in SR2 or SR3...

I had someone who played one of those, unfortunately they completely biffed their first combat roll, then completely biffed their soak roll, so they became a greasy stain on the streets within 6 seconds of combat.

That would have been great fun to see! ;D

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #19 on: <09-27-11/0615:15> »
Heavy Pistol: Springfield Finalist: Smartlink, Rangefinder, Silencer, Melee Reinforced, Caseless Ceramaplast Ammo, Invisible to MADs, RC (2), Skinlink.  -2 concealability modifier, Damage at 6P, AP -1, semi-auto, 18 in the clip.  I carry two; load one with AV rounds for Just In Case, load the other with clips of either Gamma-Scopalomine or Leal.  Carry in concealable holsters for a total of -3.  Add a long coat to make it -5.  Strap on the daisho, get on the Honda Vector, and go for a ride...

No, it isn't in the books.  It was built in SR3, and brought over, matching other similar stats.   At ¥1,900 it's more than three times the cost of other heavy pistols, but that's what you have to pay.  Helps to be able to surrender the obvious things (katana and wakizashi) at the weapons check, and walk in still fully armed...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #20 on: <09-27-11/1210:31> »
If you have Gun Haven Heaven, Colt M1991/M1911 if you want a disposable weapon.

Although I hate to suggest such a wonderful pistol as a drop piece, it's like a cheap knock-off anyhow.  Wear gloves when loading the cartridges and magazine, and strip it into pieces as you drop it into various places if you have to dispose of it quickly.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-27-11/1348:33> »

Imagine what happened to the Yak in the movie Johnny Mnemonic just with 9 more whips and having them whip around him.  Was not pretty, looked like Samcakes only bloodier.

That would have been great fun to see! ;D
Living the Electronic Dream

Joush

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-28-11/0000:28> »
If you have Gun Haven Heaven, Colt M1991/M1911 if you want a disposable weapon.

Although I hate to suggest such a wonderful pistol as a drop piece, it's like a cheap knock-off anyhow.  Wear gloves when loading the cartridges and magazine, and strip it into pieces as you drop it into various places if you have to dispose of it quickly.

Or of course, the thermite burning bar.

Get forensics off of -that-, pointdexter!
« Last Edit: <09-28-11/0201:17> by Joush »

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <09-28-11/0139:51> »
Yamaha Pulsar 6e 4 shots at range no wires to worry just shoot and scoot

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #24 on: <09-28-11/0701:16> »
With only 4 shots, you'd better pray that you can hit what you're aiming at, and that there aren't more than 4 of them ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <09-28-11/1047:59> »
Yep Slow down aim simple action simple action fire or move fire move fire .
Cool thing about a leagle weapon you get to carry as much ammo as is reasonable

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-28-11/1115:30> »
If you are stopped by the Star and have a taser with more than a couple of spare reloads, you are going to earn some suspicion, legal weapon or not.

Why does Joe Wageslave on the street need 30 taser darts?

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-28-11/1129:12> »
Less serious than a real gun in so your lawer would have you out befor the laser printer could dry the ink on the arrest report

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-28-11/1133:35> »
You seem to have a strange idea of how things work.  Each table is different I guess.

How is that fake SIN gonna hold up to intense scrutiny because you are making yourself stick out?   What kind of runner has a lawyer anyway?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #29 on: <09-28-11/1137:42> »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11