NEWS

Non-lethal takedown

• 48 Replies

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #45 on: <08-27-12/0921:40> »
Zapper static discharge missile. take out entire squads and their drone support in a single shot. it's also available at chargen :)

But you're not sneaking it through any security checkpoint.

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <08-27-12/1136:17> »
I've been working on a Rocker that somehow got turned into an Infiltrator of sorts. He has too big an ego to be a true Social Infiltrator, but he does do disguises from time to time. A lot of extraction/spying/etc.

Sneaking in weapons is possible, but highly dangerous. So I decided to get in some Martial Arts and two maneuvers: set-up and finishing move from a surprise attack seems workable. I suppose sneaking in a tranq somehow works too.

Intimidation and misdirection are my favourite non-lethal takedown routes. Get a Mage with Trid-Phantasm create a very pissed off Troll charging towards corpsec and odds are those guys will run. Rerouting alarms, hacking comms, etc., these are all much more enjoyable to do than shoot some poor shmuck in the face (with or without capsule rounds).

But if we're talking "stuff":

1) Heavy Pistol loaded with your favourite silent Stun damage dealer. Your main weapon will have Ex-Ex.
2) Gas grenades.
3) Spirit of Man with your Stunball spell. Have it clean the astral too afterwards.
4) Fists.

Exodus

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <08-27-12/1447:50> »
Should still allow SnS for shotguns since they, well.. actually exist.  :3
We do, me and my co-GM talked about it, SnS is available for shotguns but nobody in the party really uses longarms. If they're actually going on a job they're carrying an assault rifle. If they're going to meetings they tend to have tasers or pistols.

One of our players played a full pacifist healer shaman who after 2 encounters with the rest of the party called his fixer, the cops, the local gang he was friends with, and all the shop owners of places we met at to try to blackball everyone else.

I prefer to GM for Role Players not Roll Players

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <08-27-12/1833:57> »
My current characters main weapon is a Predator IV with gels with neurostun if I am expecting trouble, regular ammo when I am not (Day to day walking, incase I get searched).  Backup weapons include a Katanna, a cyramic knife and a taeser  My big gun (only use on runs) is an Ares Alpha, the grenade launcher has neurostun gas grenades, while the gun holds Explosive rounds

We love Neurostun around here, take ou 2/3 of our opposition with it