NEWS

[OOC] Honest to god milk runs, Part 2- (Dat one ring)

• 114 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #105 on: <05-01-15/1853:27> »
CONGLADURATION!!!

Ya both get 6 Karma for the whole she-bang and you'll both be cycled back into the stable for the next go-round if you so wish. Keep in mind, the events of this game will affect the situation in the next one. For example, both of you may add 1 to the loyalty rating for One67 in your contacts list. He's thrilled with your performance.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <05-02-15/0304:30> »
Woohoo,

Great speed run ;)

Time for Mike to pay some of his debts, hopefully he won't have to wait to long for the next run ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <05-02-15/0718:04> »
Good job ;)

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <05-02-15/1840:30> »
So, how much of your money is it reasonable to assume the Loa spent on it's night partying like crazy with your body?

Let's say 1d6x120 nuyen. That sound good to you?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #109 on: <05-03-15/1508:02> »
I had thought to mention that. As a practitioner of a possession tradition, she'd have experience with this sort of thing and keeping the spirit from breaking the bank. So, I'd reckon that she placed all of her money behind a password protected barrier (bank account or on her phone), but she would have left some amount on the credstick for the spirit's explicit use - probably enough for cover at a few clubs, some grub, and a few drinks. I figure (from Run Faster) that a good meal out is 50, though with all the street food, the spirit could likely have a feast for much less (5 per from Fun Faster). I'd clock cover charge at the 10-20 range, and booze, especially as freely as it's flowing, at 5 or so per serving. I think 100 would be a very generous amount for the spirit to celebrate well in this atmosphere normally.

Of note, though, is that this is more of a wilderness spirit. While he has an interest in (meta) humans, since he is summoned for each new priest/priestess, he does not like to be seen generally. Granted, this is a servant of the Gran Boa (and presumably a servant is summoned in his stead in the initiation ceremonies) which may have a slightly different personality, but I suspect that his interaction would be limited (hence my use of "even" when I mentioned his actually participating). It's a contradiction between this particular loa's personality (hiding and wilderness) and the general rule that loa like to "live it up" while possessing. I chose to go with "living it up" means different things to different loa, and in his case he'd be less likely to interact with people, though with a celebration going on and a body to disguise himself, he might be bolder.

I'll roll a d6 and you can choose the multiplier. Considering the festivities and the spirit's general attitude, I think that 120 is high, but I'm fine with it if you feel its fair. We can say she forgot to secure her newly acquired funds, so that the roll can exceed the money she would normally have set aside for the spirit.

Loa celebration funds: 1d6 5
Either way, this is gonna hurt...
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <05-03-15/1757:52> »
Everything you just said sounds great.
Let's make the multiplier x50. So the Loa spent the hundred you left it, plus another 150 off the credstick.

cool?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #111 on: <05-03-15/1918:29> »
Works for me. Updating my char sheet.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <05-03-15/1944:45> »
I just had a thought. In order to try and keep the world more realistic, if either of yall wanna buy anything thats R or F, let's do continue this game until yall get that done, cool?

If there aint nothin yall are gonna buy, then jus lemme know what you're doin with the jing, so I can keep my head right about how yall are livin, y'know?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #113 on: <05-03-15/2316:21> »
I'm probably just going to sit on it. My lifestyle is covered by Trust Fund.

I'm thinking of perhaps researching a spell formula for Shape [Material], but I'm trying to think of which I should take. Mostly, I'd like to breach walls, so what are most buildings made of? Concrete? Plascrete? Brick? Mostly this would be for gaining LOS, but as she's small, it could just as easily be used for insertion/exfiltration. It works on net hits meters per turn of material and walls have to be weakened at Force Structure per turn before they can be manipulated, so creating an opening large enough for her would take 1 hit and two turns to get through concrete (Structure 12) with a Force 6 casting, and either double the hits or double the time to create an opening large enough for most metas to squeeze through. Being able to create barriers or holes in barriers for shooting also has its value.

I'm guessing slums and older buildings (pre awakening and early 21st century) are concrete while most newer buildings are plascrete, with brick used for decoration and security structures made from reinforced concrete.

Aside from that, I'm saving Karma for Initiation so I can get Channeling, which I think is pretty key for possession traditions.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <05-04-15/0035:46> »
I'm fine: After taxes, lifestyle and debt payments, there isn't much more than pocket money left
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex