Shadowrun Play > Play-by-Post

Interest check for a PbP by a journeyman GM.

<< < (2/35) > >>

Beta:
I'm looking at a few options, and have a rules interpretation question that could impact one or two of them:  Adrenalin surge and Lighting reflexes (from Run Faster), in each case do they apply only on meat-space initiative, or do they also apply in matrix and astral initiative situations?  (I've been looking at trying to make an explorer traveler work, and going first in astral combat is so key, given no armor.  Not saying I'm going with that option, depends somewhat on what others are interested in playing, and how niche I can afford to be)

Lorebane24:
I've always read Lightning Reflexes as being intended just for meat-space.  I can see how it could be unclear, but, to me, it looks like it was intended to be a one-time, front-loaded initiative booster for characters who for whatever reason will not be investing in any others.  That being said, all but 5 of your karma on something that gets outscaled (and in not too long) by other types of initiative boosters seems a little much, so I want to say that along with that ruling that it's karma cost will be dropped from 20 to 15.

As for Adrenaline Surge, it's apparent intent doesn't scream one way or another to me, but off-hand I don't see a particular problem with it applying to astral and matrix initiative.

Lorebane24:

--- Quote from: Jack_Spade on ---I have a concept I'd like to try (Panserbjorn), but I don't know if that meshes with the story you have in mind.
If not I can come up with another concept

But yes, I'm interested

--- End quote ---

Do you mean the armored bears from Golden Compass?  Generally, I'm not a huge fan of metavariants and metasapients as PCs, at least until I get some more experience as a shadowrun GM under my belt.  I'm pretty disenclined towards metasapients at all, and metavarients I'd prefer to handle on a case by case basis.  I think some of them are kind of cool, but I would prefer to at least have a good case made on, for example, why a minotaur character couldn't work just as well as a troll before fully committing to it.

I guess while I'm talking about race, I ought to mention where I stand on infected PCs.  Basically, I want to keep most of them as monsters, but I can definitely see the the appeal in roleplaying one, so I'm open to gnawers, ghouls, and vampires of any race, but in this particular iteration of world, the other infected strains do such a number on the psyche during the transformation that them being even semi-functional members of society is nearly unheard of, with nearly all cases becoming either feral or developing very pronounced superhuman psychosis.

Similarly, I want to avoid AI PCs for now, largely because I am still trying to get my head around the rules for them and how they affect encounter/run design.

Jack_Spade:
Don't worry, I'm not talking about Shifters. My concept is human adept with the adept spell from Hard Targets (Shapeshifting).

Lorebane24:
Oh yeah, that's fine!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version