NEWS

[5e OOC] Black Trenchcoat

• 314 Replies

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #60 on: <06-26-18/1623:52> »
yes I wouldn't mind seeing.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #61 on: <06-26-18/1628:40> »
Import the realm, all our bonus goodies are in there ;-).

I’ll post it here later today when back in front of computer.

Jusenkyo

• Newb
« Reply #62 on: <06-27-18/0549:18> »
Most of the standout features that Avalanche has can be covered up, She likes to dye her hair white as a sort of gesture but she could probably just change it if she needed to lay low. Here's what I've got for her, I'm still mulling ideas and such for the Mage but I decided to run full mage for them.

Priority A: Race: Troll (5)
Priority B: Attributes: 20
Priority C: Skills: 28/2
Priority D: Magic: Adept (2)
Priority E: Money 6,000
Qualities: Spirit Mentor (5)

Name: Candice
Alias: Avalanche
Race: Troll
Sex: Female
Nationality: French/Japanese
Lifestyle: Squatter (1000)
Karma Spent: 50/50
Physical Description: Avalanche stands at a nice even seven feet tall, and is rather slim for her size. Her eyes betray her heritage and are a rich chocolate brown. She has her hair dyed stark white, and it reaches down to her mid back, it gets seperated in the spaces where her horns sprout. She has six horns two near the front that go up and curl back slightly, the middle two curl down and forward towards her face, and the back two point back and up. Her skin is slightly brownish, and she has an oval face. Despite being slim she is very muscular and has a number of tattoos going down her left arm. Several different Kanji for ‘Mountain, Snow, Cat, and Shadows’

Personality/background Avalanche is typically brimming with energy, but remains socially inept. She wants to get along with others but is unsure of how to go about it exactly, except when she’s on a run. She is very playful and likes to think she’s funny, which she often is not.

Attributes

Body9/10Agility5/5Reaction5/6 (6)/(7)Strength8/10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Charisma2/4Intuition3/5
(Karma spent 25)
Logic1/5Willpower5/6
Physical Limit (11)Mental Limit (4)Social Limit (5)
Edge2/6Magic/Resonance6Essence6Initiative9 + 2D6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Positive Qualities
Spirit Mentor (5)(cat) +2 Sneaking/infiltration dice, Free Light body 2
Catlike (7) +2 dice to Stealth
Natural Athlete (7) +2 Dice to Gymnastics and Running
Negative Qualities
Insomnia (15)
Allergy (Silver uncommon, Moderate: 10)

Active Skills
Athletics Skill Group 2Swimming
RunningGymnastics
Stealth 6
Unarmed 4
(Specialization: Subduing Combat)
Perception 2
Locksmith 1
(Karma spent 2)
Pilot Ground Vehicle 1
(Karma Spent 2)
Astral Combat 4
Palming 4
Automatics 6
(Specialization: Machine Pistols)
Intimidation 1
(Karma spent 2)
Assenseing 3
(Specialization: Astral Signatures)

Knowledge Skills ( [4] x 3 free points)
Gang Identification3
Urban Brawl1
Elven wine1
Law 2
Astral Threats2
20th Century Trivia1
Language Skills
EnglishN
French1
Japanese2
Or’zet1
Sperethiel1

Adept Powers
Improved Reflexes1.5PP+1 Reaction, +1d6 Initiative
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Trackless Walk1PPGives -4 penalty to Hear, Gives -2 for all other forms of Tracking Do Not Trip Ground Vibration and Pressure Plates
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Wall Running0.5Strength+Running [magic] test to run meters up a wall
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Combat Sense X 21PP+2 to Defence Dice Pool, Get a perception check to not be surprised
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Enhanced Sense0.5Improved Tactile and Human Scale
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Attribute Boost0.5Agility
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Light Body 2(0.5) free+2 to jump and add power to agility to determine Jump distance
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Astral Perception(1) freeBecome Dual natured, see auras and stuff
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gear (XXXXX¥)
Chameleon suit1700¥
Aries Crusader II870¥
Metalink comm100¥
Lockpick set250¥
crowbar20¥
Survival Kit200¥
Respirator 2100¥
Goggles (Flare Compensation, Image Link, Vision enhancement R1) 3925¥
Silver Credstick (405¥ loaded)20¥
100 rounds regular Ammunition200¥

Vehicles
XXXXX
HandlingAccelSpeedPilotBodyArmorSensorAvailabilityCost
XXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX¥

Contacts
Cowboy2/2
Talismonger2/1
Beat Cop on the take1/2

« Last Edit: <06-27-18/1728:33> by Jusenkyo »

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #63 on: <06-27-18/1157:56> »
Looks good, so far, just need to point to a couple of things for everyone to know. hair color shouldn't be a problem as it is a natural hair color and means that people will probably mistake his age which could be a plus.

General notes:

With out a SIN you can not be the "owner" a device or have a persona since a persona requires a SIN.

Fatigue damage does not heal until the condition that caused it changes. So please read the comfort & necessities in "a dump of one's own," lifestyle categories, page 218, run faster. Basically you take fatigue damage every day due to lack of good rest and nutrition. Insomnia, when triggered, can increase this damage; its and additional factor. This damage can not be healed until you get a good night's rest and a proper meal for the day.

Jusenkyo, If you are good with the character I am as well. I will plug him into hero lab and you can start on his background, you don't need something fancy just an outline will do for me to use.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #64 on: <06-27-18/1204:58> »
wow! i've never seen a troll with cat mentor spirit and catlike, that's one sneaky troll.

but your limited pistol skills will be an issue for shooting things.

why not automatics with a bit more skill so you can actually hit something?

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #65 on: <06-27-18/1222:31> »
That does remind me for new players, you should try to get at least a 12 in your characters primary dice poll with a 14-16 being good or at least in my games. Secondary skills can be OK at the 9-11 dice pool ranges.

looks like we are getting close to starting at this point so we should defiantly begin posting by this weekend. I will kick us off.

I ask for at least 1 post a day if possible in either OOC(even if it is to tells us something came up and you can't post) or IC(preferred). it is better to ask a bunch of questions in the OOC thread before you make your post if you need elements for it. Your post is your post, we will try to keep editing to a minimum. You all can add small elements to the environment but try not to remove them without action. Try to keep dictating NPC action to a minimum, i.e. don't write your self out of a situation or have an NPC give into your character because you just want them to. BT is about playing on expert mode not pressing the easy button. That is not to say it is going to be a constant uphill battle if it would not be hard to do in real life it probably won't be hard to do in game life. And last but not least, try not to dictate other PC's actions when at all possible.

Really excited to get going on this, thank you all so much for joining the game.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #66 on: <06-27-18/1233:15> »
Sounds good, looking forward to it
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adzling

« Reply #67 on: <06-27-18/1254:00> »
updated final character below (now with Cowboy as contact):

Ban Dolo

A slim, 6' tall male elf in his 30's who has no obvious cyberware and a penchant for quoting old action flat-vids.
In Seattle he's recently been a "troubleshooter" for the local Yakuza, helping them resolve some tricky negotiations.
Being an elf with military leadership and spycraft training who speaks Sperethiel, what are the odds he used to work for the Tir's intelligence services at some point?

Ban Dolo
METATYPE: ELF
B 2, A 6, R 5, S 2, W 5, L 2, I 5, C 8, ESS 5, EDG 1, M 5
Condition Monitor (P/S): 9 / 11
Armor: 15
Limits: Physical 4, Mental 5, Social 10
Physical Initiative: 10+1D6
Active Skills: Con (Fast Talking +2) 6, Disguise 1, Impersonation (Voice +2) 6, Influence Group 5, Leadership (Command +2) 6, Negotiation (Bargaining +2) 6, Perception (Visual +2) 1, Pistols (Semi-Automatics +2) 6, Sneaking (Urban +2) 6, Spellcasting 1
Knowledge Skills: Old flatvid action movies 1, Small Unit Tactics (Urban +2) 6
Languages: English N, Japanese (Speak +2) 3, Russian (Speak +2) 3, Sperethiel (Speak +2) 3
Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision
Qualities: Adept, Consummate Professional, Drug Tolerant, Faceless, In Debt (Borrowed 75,000¥, Owes 112,500¥) (15), Jack of All Trades, Master of None, Linguist, Mentor Spirit: Raven, Perfect Time, Reduced (taste), Too Pretty to Hit
Spells: Detox
Adept Powers: Adept Spell, Authoritative Tone (1), Body Sculpt (5 hours) (12dicepool), Combat Sense (1), Commanding Voice (19dicepool vs.  Willpower + Intuition), Facial Sculpt (5 hours) (1) (7dicepool), Melanin Control (6h), Traceless Walk, Ventriloquism (5m), Voice Control (1) (15dicepool[5] vs. Voice rec. x 2 or PER + INT)
Augmentations:
   Bilateral Coordination Co-processor
   Narco
   Nephritic Screen (Used) (6)
   Skin Pocket (Used)
   Tetrachromatic Vision
Gear:
   Armor Jacket
   Ballistic Mask (Customized) w/ Gas Mask
   Ban Dolo w/ Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle, (1 month) Thermal Mood Reading, (1 month) Vocal Tension Lie Detection
   Black Panther
   Contacts (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink
   Cram
   Erika Elite w/ Diagnostics
   Kata Slides
   Novacoke x3
   Portable Chemical Injector, Wrist
   Psyche
   Smart Wig (w/ Trode Net) w/ Trodes
   Sober Time
   Tool Kit, Disguise
   Warrior w/ Duration Enhancer (1), Shock & Awe (2)
Weapons:
   Fichetti Executive Action [Light Pistol, Acc 9, DV 7S, AP +1, SA/BF, RC 4, 18 (c)] w/ (18x) APDS, Electronic Firing, Gas-Vent System (3), (18x) Gel Rounds, (18x) Hi-DS, Personalized Grip, Silencer/Suppressor, Smartgun System, External, (18x) Stick-n-Shock
   Fichetti Executive Action [Light Pistol, Acc 9, DV 7P, AP -4, SA/BF, RC 4, 18 (c)] w/ (18x) APDS, Electronic Firing, Gas-Vent System (3), (18x) Gel Rounds, (18x) Hi-DS, Personalized Grip, Silencer/Suppressor, Smartgun System, External, (18x) Stick-n-Shock
Contacts:
Arms Dealer (Connection 4, Loyalty 2)
Border Patrol Agent (Connection 2, Loyalty 3)
Company Suit (Connection 4, Loyalty 2)
Cowboy (Connection 4, Loyalty 3)
Yakuza Wakagashira (Connection 3, Loyalty 2)
Starting ¥: 3D6 × 60¥
Ammunition & Resources:
   Fichetti Executive Action - Gel Rounds x18
   Fichetti Executive Action - APDS x18
   Edge Pool - 0/1
« Last Edit: <07-03-18/1224:26> by adzling »

adzling

« Reply #68 on: <06-27-18/1317:09> »
one more custom gear request Redwulfe: HI-DS rounds.

in our campaign we created another combo item: HI-DS rounds.
They are a combo of Hi density and subsonic rounds, for stealth purposes.

below is the Ares EVP from our campaign (I won't be using it as my PC is a pistols person):
Ares Executive Variable Protector
The EVP is the final progression of the Ares Executioner and Briefcase Shield, combining both items into a discreet and highly functional package.
Extremely popular with corporate bodyguards and executive assistants the EVP sets the new standard in ultimate concealable firepower and defense for the executive protection professional.
A briefcase made from smart materials conceals a silenced SMG that is fully fireable from within the case.
With a press of the button the case unfolds origami-style into a ballistic shield freeing the SMG for hand-held use.​

Acc 4/ DV 7P/ AP -/Mode SA/ BF/ FA/RC -/Ammo 30/Avail 14F/Cost 4,000

The weapon can be fired from the briefcase by pushing a concealed stud, or through the user's PAN with smartlinked versions (+500¥). Recoil penalties are doubled when fired from the briefcase, but the surprise the EVP provides may be enough to ensure survival. The EVP also features an integral sound suppressor and an extendable stock for occasions when it is removed from its case.

The EVP takes a Simple Action to remove from the case for conventional usage and removal is required to reload its caseless ammunition.

In addition once the SMG is removed the briefcase can unfold and lock into a ballistic shield with a complex action! Internal straps and an armored composite construction allow it to be used as a normal ballistic shield.

It has a Concealability of –4 for purposes or determining that it is more than a standard briefcase.​
There's enough space in the briefcase to hold a couple small items like 2 extra magazines, 2 grenades, etc.​

BTW this is all in the realmworks file i sent you (along with pictures and more cool gear!) + i have all of these items in herolab format (so you can use in herolab). Let me know if you want them.

Jusenkyo

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <06-27-18/1437:01> »
I get what you mean about Pistols I think If I'm gonna put something down to be better at hitting It would need to be that Survival I got and pop my gun skill to 4. I had the Tracking on there as well as a sort of... well I thought that it would be useful for tracking Spirits or astral signatures back to the mages that cast them, but I might be misunderstanding those rules which if I am I can drop tracking down. Perhaps if I do that my Palming might not need to be so high either and I could actually have my unarmed or pistols at 6 also probably put my Astral Combat up to at least 4.

I also figure that as a super poor person I'd want to keep my Ammo cost to a minimum (speaking of which I'm gonna remember to put that on the sheet now) which is one of the two reasons for pistols instead of Automatics. The other is conceal ability.

Please let me know what you think would be better in that regard, if I should just drop some of the supplementary skills and get really good combat or not.

adzling

« Reply #70 on: <06-27-18/1500:20> »
ok first off i like your character concept (not that my opinion is important) ;-)

I would suggest replacing pistols with automatics and upping to 6 if possible.

automatics covers a wide range of weapons from machine pistols to assault rifles.
that gives you a lot of flexibility in weapon choice.
machine pistols should be relatively easily concealable and legally carried in most areas.

as a combat adept troll having the option to shoot someone with a big gun or melee them to hamburger depending upon how far away /reachable they are is very helpful.

dont worry about ammo costs, it wont be an issue over time.

i'd consider dropping tracking and survival if you need to pump automatics (tracking will not let you track astral critters or spirits).

palming would be helpful to conceal your machine pistol/s if you have to pass through security.

looking at your character i'd suggest ditching astral combat (you become dual-natured when you astrally perceive allowing you to attack astral entities with your regular meatworld stats and skills) and putting those points into assensing (assensing is used in lieu of perception when astrally perceiving).

i'd also suggest replacing killing hands with combat boots and using that pp for something else (if you are worried about fighting spirits just astrally perceive, this makes you dual-natured and hence removes their protection from mundane weapons if you punch / kick them).

take more specializations (stealth: urban, assensing: aura reading, automatics: assault rifles) and up your unarmed to 6 if possible.

the above are all "optimizations" that may not fit with your character concept so take them with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: <06-27-18/1512:33> by adzling »

Jusenkyo

• Newb
« Reply #71 on: <06-27-18/1738:22> »
I did some Edits, Dropped some things and got a bit more combat focused which honestly She was always ment to focus more on combat, It just seemed with how things were described I might should have been spread thinner but I realize that Shadow run isn't exactly the time to do that. Can always get more stuff down the line if I need it. I took my own Specializations I thought would work better.

Also I wanted to see about maybe changing out a quality for an Adept Way but I don't actually have those books, so this is fine without.

Also apologize to the GM for messing with her build after posting it up, this is basically the first time I'll be getting to actually play shadowrun and super nervous about absolutely destroying myself by making dumb choices.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #72 on: <06-27-18/1919:11> »
Please feel free to modify away. I would suggest everyone posting there characters in here for optimization tweeks since you will all end up being a team anyway.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #73 on: <06-27-18/1952:33> »
Good Lord Adzling you are one cold dude, running a used Skin pocket, that just gives me willies.
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #74 on: <06-27-18/2025:30> »
"It puts the lotion on its skin." :) lol

Red

Thinking
com
speaking