NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #525 on: <02-13-17/0047:31> »
<@all <thx slob guess matrix is our best angle
fry look how many of them hoes look enough like our sweet meat. coincidence?
ill now see what i can find out about lavadora>>

bnc forwards some pictures of those, whom we could exchange with Anna, to the team.

[spoiler]I guess it's more usual to pick the prostitutes yourself than to be assigned one (or more) of them, isn't it?
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #526 on: <02-13-17/0105:47> »
Anna texted back to the team >>I am so letting you handle my bachelorette party... they look delicious... try to spend some time with them, or film them so I understand how they behave.

She was still half paralyzed with the thought of being so powerless but - there was also excitement in that.  What am I speaking... I'll probably love it... It sounds exciting... I'll just love it after I am back in one piece. I hope he is good in the sack... She thought
« Last Edit: <02-13-17/0111:06> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #527 on: <02-13-17/1232:26> »
<@all <sure film hookers u r not gonna look like a total perv since u got boobs on yr own -.- :D >>
Time to do something for your money, honey!

bnc inhales. No matter how many times she does this, it will always flood her with adrenaline. A lot of it. The fact, that this wasn't just a leisurely break-in, but a well-paid job, made her grow even a bit more nervous. But this is not the time to hesitate. It never is.

Quickly, checks that every program is working the way it's supposed to, then she flips the virtual switch to change to silent mode.

[spoiler]Initiative: 4d6+9 21
Hacking on the Fly: 17d6t5 7
Opposed roll: 13d6t5 1

lol, rocked it :D
Edit File: 15d6t5 8
Opposed roll: 13d6t5 3
Boom.

Shutdown.
[/spoiler]

bnc quickly accessed and copied the file in which client requests are stored. As soon as she grabbed the file, she reboots her deck, and investigates the file(s).
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #528 on: <02-13-17/1333:29> »
[spoiler]
When I wrote the data is secured, I meant that it is in fact "secured" - as in it has a protection rating: Protection Rating: 10d6t5 4

You'll have to do a Crack File action. And since that is an Attack Check, you invariably will raise some kind of alert
It resists your Crack File Action with: Protection Rating: 8d6t5 2 successes

Patrol IC will know that the file is under attack, but now who or what is responsible and the first action will be a perception test:
Patrol IC Perception: 10d6t5 2

After that you can have your Edit File action to copy it, followed by your log out action.
[/spoiler]

At least that was what bnc expected to do - once she had cracked the file protection...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #529 on: <02-13-17/1402:51> »
She laughed: "As I said, the whole punch your code while you say your name thing is totally bullshit. Typing five digits and speaking clearly at the same time is a lot harder than you'd think - especially if you get a new code every month and have to memorize it. At least this month it kinda sounds like "Mary had a little lamb". But I have to be careful not to sing my name to it. Although "Charlene Hettenmeyer" just fits the meter perfectly." 
She smiled: "Most agreeable... Hm, I like the new drones skimming about. They look like those Bust-a-Move toys I had as a kid. Oh, yeah and I really like the fact that corporate is sending us you handsome security guys over to ask how we are."

While Charlene said this her friend turned up her eyes and looked like she wanted to headdesk herself, but she left it at poking her elbow into Charlene's ribs.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #530 on: <02-14-17/0131:57> »
[spoiler]I just heard a bell ringing. Some firm female voice in my head repetead the word "shame" :D
Crack File: 15d6t5 3
Ouch, that was close.
Still, the only trace leading towards me could be the mark it saw. Since I was running silently (which I picture as the sr5 equivalent of sr3 mask utilities), I'll have it look like a punch bruise, as fits the He-man like barbarian person bnc picked for entering Indigo Spheres' host.[/spoiler]

Focus, you moron! You almost fizzled this basic crack hack!
Groaning, she opens her eyes. To her dismay, she's not alone in the room. "Ah, Anna." It's nothing personal this time. Just someone in the way when all she wants to do is to properly insult herself for this almost-fail.

Sighing, she heaves herself out of the seat. "Want something to drink? It's on the house." She herself walks over to the fridge, hesitates for a moment, then decides to go for an alcohol-free lemonade.

"Now, honey, let's see what your favorite 'skinny chick' dug up."
bnc creates and hands over an ARO which allows to perceive the contents of the file (however, it's still bnc who navigates through the database. She'd be way to impatient to let Anna handle it). Quickly, she looks for any entry that might turn out to be Lavadora.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #531 on: <02-14-17/0723:21> »
Leaving the host before anything worse than a cherub could appear, bnc secured the file and made her way back into reality. A restart later the fake identity was purged and bnc had time to look through the data.

Finding Zola wasn't easy: Even though Indigo Sphere's security was quite a bit lacking, they at least didn't use clear names or linked SINs to their customers.
It took her quite a few minutes to match the right profile, but when she did she had to smile:
Zola had been using the service for two years so far. According to the entries he was pretty vanilla about his type: Long legged, young and curvy at the right places.  Most often he booked a girl for the weekend, took her out to dine, some cultural event and then to a hotel. Whatever else he was, he wasn't stupid enough to bring them back to his place.
The file denoted that he was usually accompanied by one or two bodyguards. A deleted complain told her that one of the girls had been threatened and hit by the Latino looking guard. A bonus payment had taken care of the black mark.

For the coming weekend he had booked another girl called "Eve". According to the file, Zola hadn't met her before. A quick cross reference to the employee data showed the picture of a dark haired, pretty girl of 21 years. The pick-up point was given as the French restaurant "Valmont" not far away from the high rise, Indigo Spheres resided in.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #532 on: <02-14-17/0807:56> »
After browsing through the data with Anna, she extracts the relevant sections and attaches it to the team's info wall.

Is it the first time he is with Eve?

How long will it take to craft the sensor?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #533 on: <02-14-17/0825:32> »
Anna looked at bnc "Already forgot that I was here? Anything with some alcohol will do... I just do not want to think about things. "
She browsed the information with bnc, trying to make up her mind but the young brainiac was too fast for her with her direct neural interface. Eventually, she asked  "So I am going to impersonate that Eve girl? Anything I should watch out for? By the way, was it dangerous to get this information? Because I can help with some things. Make it safer for you."
« Last Edit: <02-14-17/1547:32> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #534 on: <02-15-17/0216:34> »
[spoiler]Let's transfer their conversation to our private thread and proceed with run-relevant discussions here.

Two questions:
 1) How much do Eve and Yael look alike?
 2) What day of the week is it?[/spoiler]

After she, the trogs and Anna had collected some infos, she requests every runner to join a group channel. Once everyone's a member, bnc addresses current issues:
"Good late-morning, dicks and box, doc and mech! I hope everyone found the time to sift through all the infos gathered in the meantime. We determined the girl we're gonna have Yael jump in for. The next part is more your field of expertise than mine: How can we exchange them ding-a-ling dolls? Anna honey, are you up to  dress up as Eve?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #535 on: <02-15-17/0806:24> »
[spoiler]
As mentioned, with a bit of make-up, hair-styling and -coloring, Yael can look like her - or simpler said: Disguise Threshold 2
Today is the 7th of November 2076, Saturday.
If you want to replace her, you've got about 7 hours left, otherwise you'll have to wait a week.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #536 on: <02-15-17/1324:42> »
Yael texted ">>This is not above my cosmetic skills... I'll have to paint my hair and prepare but give me an hour or two and I'll look close enough to the picture not to raise suspicion. Do we want to do so today, or wait until Flatline finished with the spell? I mean if he assenses me - he might recognize me later on if he sees me on the island. Auras are like faces, and I cannot change mine."
« Last Edit: <02-15-17/1327:40> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #537 on: <02-15-17/1403:54> »
"Why on Earth would he Assense Eve? Weekend's gonna be the first time they'll meet.
Can we do it tonight? I have done my job already, so it's up to you to decide whether to go for it or not."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #538 on: <02-15-17/1443:49> »
>> Because it is one of his senses, just like eyesight or hearing. I usually assense everyone I meet, at least for a little while. I definately assensed everyone I've been intimate with.
« Last Edit: <02-15-17/1446:06> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #539 on: <02-17-17/0757:15> »
"Well, anything besides voice recognition would be great. Or, you know, they could pay a handsome guard to check who is getting in." She was once again poked by her friend who whispered: "Break's over. Rick just gave me a message that we need to enter the new hires' data asap."
talk think matrix