NEWS

Big Fun wid da Big 'Un [Sidethread for Street Scum]

• 34 Replies

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <03-10-15/0415:35> »
Scipio stopped his tracks. The sudden sound of a guitar, together with a voice he knew very well, made him smile. He walked towards where the music came from, until he could understand the words. “We’re up all night to get lucky…” All right, that’s definitely him.
Soon he saw his friends and walked up to the group. “Hoi, pals! Thanks for the music, but you don’t have to play me a march every time I walk up some street”, he announced himself, carefully eyeing the impressive troll with respect. “How are your Holi-preparations going? Found a cheap ‘n’ sweet party we could check out?”
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <03-10-15/0546:03> »

Scipio... My man great to see you! There is this party in 4 days that we want to go to.
I was just singing about the wonderful possible benefits of getting clean before the party.
Me and Riker have a plan that involves both getting clean and making some money on the side.
if we pull it *off* that is.

Besides, got to practice that song-  the western tourists like it and they are great tippers.
Probably one of their classics... go figure.
Not many of them around lately tough.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <03-10-15/1554:28> »
"Ey Scipio, how's it hanging. You want in on our thing? The big boys are water shy and a bit of cash in hand could give our luck a serious push at that party."
Riker grinned wolfish.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-11-15/0220:33> »
Not many of them around lately tough.

"You mean, like during the last only-the-Gods-know-how-many centuries? 'finetly."

Sissi turns towards the newcomer.
"O, Scip daai. You cool? I finds dad big party in Budhanilkanta. Check dad out!"
He throws the 'link  in your direction.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <03-11-15/0336:02> »
There are the suits in the better parts of the city...  Most of them are foreigners, when I am lucky enough I get to play there undisturbed for a short while... It usually fills my pockets quicker than playing here all day.

It has the disadvantage of needing sneak out before the police finds me tough... they don't like our kind in there...

He takes a deep breath

... But everybody likes good music, and I can usually blend in for a while. Pretending like I have something legit to do there. Won't even try it without a shower by the way...

Speaking of Shower... he grins.
« Last Edit: <03-11-15/0341:24> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-12-15/1215:46> »
"Okay, whaz da plan now"?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <03-12-15/1236:59> »
"Well, a shower definitely sounds good to me. How's your plan to get one without paying anything to some hotel-owner? Cause that definitely sounds bad to me. Well, whatever the plan is: if I aint gotta give my rupies to one of these grinning rich scammers, count me in!"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <03-12-15/1322:50> »
Well I'll be playing my guitar distracting the clerk and someone has to sneak and get the key.

Once we got the key things get easier if it is on the first floor we can get in trough the window - otherwise we have to sneak inside as well.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-12-15/1427:45> »
"Sounds easy enough. I'll just say I've got to deliver a package. If you can get him away from the counter I'll snatch the goods.
But we could use a third man on this, so I won't have to carry the goods if something goes wrong."

Riker said, while he fondly remembered their last misadventure.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-13-15/0513:50> »
So... It seems like we got a ruse... just like in ocean's seventy seven.
« Last Edit: <03-13-15/0517:35> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <03-13-15/1203:47> »
"Excellent. Now it's only a question which hotel we hit. Has anyone a preference? Personally, I'd go for the Green Dragon. The chin is quite a mean guy and stiffs you on the tipps." Riker made a disgusted face as if that was the worst crime imaginable.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-13-15/1735:00> »
Green Dragon ... as long as they have hot water that is.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-13-15/2218:39> »
Falgun 22, 2131 (2nd of March 2075), Holi

The day was exhausting. Early in the morning all the kids of Kathmandu were up (and up to no good). It was great fun, as always, but by noon you looked like distorted peacocks, were wet to the bones and shivering all over (it was quite a chilly Holi this year, alas).

So you looked for some place in the sun to dry (a minotaur's presence helps a lot in this regard) and let the sun dry you. Slowly the afternoon crept in and you remembered your plan...
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <03-14-15/0529:00> »
Riker gingerly touched the black eye he sported after a little reckless celebrating. At the time he tried to impress a cute elven girl by doing a back flip. The important word being "trying". Somehow, a table got in his way, spoiling the performance and having him make face to asphalt contact.
Still, his mood was excellent:
"That was really fun. But you know Lucky, a hot shower would be actually a really good idea now..."
« Last Edit: <03-15-15/0633:59> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <03-15-15/0936:31> »

"Well, the plan sounds solid. But I wouldn't feel comfortable takin' a proper in these noble stables. I mean, some poor peeps in town doesn't even have clean water to drink, now washing my ass with it ain't sound right to me... Don't get me wrong, you guys can go ahead, simply targeting this arrogant chin from Green Dragon should be worth it, but I'll stick to washing in the monasteries or a cleaner section of the rivers... Sort of got used to it." he shrugs his shoulders.
"But if the plan is to outwit Mr Fancydragon: count me in!"