NEWS

Essence - how much do you start with?

• 20 Replies

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-16-19/1330:08> »
Somehow we have come full circle from the early editions, where it was harder to heal mages.

No, if anything the opposite is true. Healing has a threshold of 5-essence ... that's not just magical healing but all healing even first aid kits. So, the lower the essence and therefore the more artificial your body is then the harder to heal you is.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Moonrunner

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <08-17-19/0517:32> »
I just hope this all gets cleared up ASAP.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <08-17-19/0534:12> »
Yeah, it needs an explicit mention. But we do know it's 6 base Essence, so you can roll with that no worries.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

ProficiencyBONUS

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <08-25-19/1039:12> »
Man I am glad I found this forum!  I too couldn't find specific Essence rules anywhere in the 6e Core Rulebook especially starting Essence.  I have never played Shadowrun before and consider myself a complete noob and this Rulebook is very difficult to follow for someone like me.  It's almost assumed that someone picking this up has played the previous editions and doesn't cater to those who are brand new to the system.  It won't turn me away from trying it because I think the concept of the game is fascinating and fun but I could see how this could turn new players away.  Thank you guys for posting and helping me out! 

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <08-25-19/1050:44> »
You're welcome! Safe travels and may your gun never jam!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #20 on: <08-25-19/1102:28> »
Man I am glad I found this forum!  I too couldn't find specific Essence rules anywhere in the 6e Core Rulebook especially starting Essence.  I have never played Shadowrun before and consider myself a complete noob and this Rulebook is very difficult to follow for someone like me.  It's almost assumed that someone picking this up has played the previous editions and doesn't cater to those who are brand new to the system.  It won't turn me away from trying it because I think the concept of the game is fascinating and fun but I could see how this could turn new players away.  Thank you guys for posting and helping me out!
More of an accidental thing where they're so used to the rules, they don't notice it's now missing. But the errata team is hard at work to help clear these things up, and us normal peeps are always available to answer questions if needed!
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!