NEWS

[SR6] Streamlined Spells

• 31 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #30 on: <08-18-19/1154:55> »
If I throw a Flamestrike at you and score 3 net hits, that's 2P Fire you have to resist every round until you put it out. If I throw a Fireball, the defenders take an area dodge penalty if I read this correctly, meaning I might score more net hits. If I were to manage 5 net hits, which I can easily do if I force a few rerolled dice, then they'd have to resist 3P Fire every round.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <08-18-19/1157:08> »
If I throw a Flamestrike at you and score 3 net hits, that's 2P Fire you have to resist every round until you put it out. If I throw a Fireball, the defenders take an area dodge penalty if I read this correctly, meaning I might score more net hits. If I were to manage 5 net hits, which I can easily do if I force a few rerolled dice, then they'd have to resist 3P Fire every round.

The only thing I wish the rules did was provide a tie to DV to threshold to put out. Right now, threshold is (1), so trivial to put out. Little note added for GMs to have option to make it higher threshold if, say, they were covered in oil, but still GM subjective call.