• 28 Replies

Typhus

• Omae
« on: <08-09-19/1740:38> »
Basics:

Metatype A: Troll 13 adj points
Attributes B: 16 points -set base of 3 in all stats
Resources C: 150k
Use metatype points for +6 Body, +7 Str for max supertroll feel. Final Body 9, Str 10, +1 Unarmed DV

Titanium Bone Lacing (-1.5 Essence, 30k, gain +2 Body, +2 DR, Unarmed is [As Errataed+1], so I think about 5+1+2ish?  I hit as hard as a Panther Cannon, or near enough.)
Dermal Plating (-1.2 Essence, 16k, +4 DR; starkers I am at 17 DR before Armor)
Assuming I forego the Trollkini look that is so in this year, I'm going to buy some Full Body Armor.  It's 4(L).  Total DR with Helmet on is a +7.  I'm now at a 24 DR. 

I need to cheeselord this further.  Starting Karma spends: Edge 2 = 10, Edge 3 = 15 Edge 4 = 20.  5 Karma left.  Now I can do some nice Edge tricks even on round 1.  Every time you attack me, I'm almost guaranteed at least 1 Edge, naked or not. That lets me pick from anything on the Edge menu when that first attack comes my way.   

I still have 102k left.  I have a big appetite for cheese tho.

Rating 10 Damage Compensators.  20k, 1 Essence.  Effectively Immune to injury mods without the PITA of a Pain Editor.  When I feel the damage, its time to leave.  Soak roll currently 11 dice for only -3.7 Essence loss.  Lots of room for the cyber splat book.  82K left.

OOH!  Cyberarms!
"Increases to Armor increase your Defense Ratings at all times—it is part of your overall protection, which is what Defense Rating represents."

Cyberarm (15k, 1 Essence): Str 2 and Agi 2, Armor (?).  Who cares.  I'll assume 0.  Armor isn't an Attribute.  +1 CM box too.

Now we get to a question:  There are no upper limits on the ratings listed.  Since Armor is not illegal, capacity is the only limit if the nuyen holds, which it does.  RAW, I can still afford +8 Armor (40k).  Armor is not a Physical Attribute.  4 pt rating augcap doesn't apply.  I would seem to now have 32 DR.  Pointless, yes, but possible, RAW, no?  Strangely I can also just sacrifice a foot, but then put 2 Armor on it and get +2 DR.   :o

Skills: 16
Firearms 5
Close Combat 6
Athletics 5

Final stats: Physical Condition Monitor has: 8 base +6 (11 B/2, round up) +2 Troll+1 Arm: I can take 17 damage, 10 of it before I feel anything.  I hit as hard as a panther cannon (at least with one hand), gain edge against every conceivable physical attack.  Think I still have some cash left too for all the foofaraw like, guns, smartlinks, flare comp, phone, lifestyle. 

Do I rule the yard?  I dunno.  I might survive two grenade hits.  Maybe.  At least 2, maybe 3 panther cannon strikes though. 

Before anything else, did I build this right?  Any oversights?  Obviously he's not an ideal balance, but no physical attack in the book doesn't give him Edge.  Cyberarm is obviously optional, since 17 DR buck nekkid is probably plenty to roll with. 

Assuming that's all valid purchases, what build do you bring to the table to try to neutralize him before he lays in his panzerfist? 
Can you outbuild this for better results? 

I am the Mayor of Cheeseville.  Throw me out of office.
« Last Edit: <08-09-19/1744:11> by Typhus »

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-09-19/1744:07> »
13+16 is 29. a attributes c troll is 34 points to spend. Allowing b resources or magic or whatever

penllawen

• Omae
  • Let's go. In and out. Twenty minute milk run.
« Reply #2 on: <08-09-19/1801:35> »
I am the Mayor of Cheeseville.  Throw me out of office.
Feta-lity.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-09-19/1805:26> »
I didn't see what you did with Qualities.  STR 10 is possible with Exceptional attribute. But if you do STR 10 that's your one attribute at max value, which means your BOD would have to drop to 8.  Given your theme, you're probably going to prefer Exceptional Body instead (assuming you have the Karma for it) and do Bod 10 Str 8.

There's also some qualities that you'd want if you're trying to cheese out the maximum tankiness.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-09-19/1820:10> »
Did trolls max attributes drop to 9 then?  Almost as bad as getting rid of their mental stat limits.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-09-19/1842:46> »
Did trolls max attributes drop to 9 then?  Almost as bad as getting rid of their mental stat limits.

Yes, their max is 9 for both Body and Strength.  Of course Exceptional Attribute can still apply.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-09-19/1924:41> »
My bad, missed the drop of Str to 9 in this edition.  Fair point on the max too.  Let's assume 9 bod, 8 Str.  Didn't buy qualities because I used the Karma on the Edge attribute. 

I suppose he could pick up negative qualities to get the 10 Bod, that seems reasonable so far.  Still had 5 Karma left.

13+16 is 29. a attributes c troll is 34 points to spend. Allowing b resources or magic or whatever

Why so it is.  Good catch.  That saves me the Karma on Edge or lets me buff the Rea/Int stats for more dodge.  That would make my resources even better and I could buy a Suprathyroid.

I may graduate to McDouble status soon.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-09-19/1926:10> »
Can you outbuild this for better results? 
What about a magician that Control your Actions (for several minutes).
Wonder how many of your teammates you will take down with your auto-cannon punch before they manage to knock you out ;-)

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-09-19/1933:02> »
*Coughs*

*Quietly shifts extra points to Will*

Well, actions is one thing.  Does the caster know where any of my teammates are?  Or I am just the distraction? 

Or I assume my magical cover is waiting Astral space with a pack of spirits to jump the first caster that tries to get me.  At least he said he would...

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-09-19/1936:53> »
Yeah you'll need Willpower, or else anyone with 2 edge will do a knockout blow and LOLz you.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-09-19/1943:32> »
But my helmet! 

Oh yeahh....no help there.  Cancel their Edge with mine?  I start with 4 and get one when they try, that's 5. 

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-09-19/2126:43> »
Yeah you'll need Willpower, or else anyone with 2 edge will do a knockout blow and LOLz you.

5 Willpower, 14 Dice for Soak so call it 5 hits on an average Soak test.  Need something that does 10DV with net hits?  9 Str, Bone Augmentation, Troll Bumps, 2 levels of Crit strike?  Seems doable. 

Or twin Amp'd Mana bolts from a Mage with a sustained Increase Reflexes.

Or 15S damage from a Narcojet Injection Arrow should come close.  May need a Pepper Punch backer just to be sure though. 

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-09-19/2129:59> »
Well, yeah that was my point. 5 Will and you won't get cheapshotted.

1 or 2 Will? Someone can LoL that troll out.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <08-15-19/1721:15> »
Oooh wait, scratch all this. 

Imaging Scope
When you are using an imaging scope, your target cannot gain Edge by having a higher Defense Rating.

Wireless bonus: The scope’s “line of sight” can be shared, allowing you to share what your scope sees with your team (and yourself if you’re using it to look around a corner).

This maybe even implies due to word order that now the whole team can negate the Mayor's Edge. 

Always nice to have your huge purchases entirely offset by a 350 nuyen item. 

Now armor actually completely, genuinely, totally does not matter.  RIP, Mister Mayor. 

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #14 on: <08-15-19/1927:43> »
Oooh wait, scratch all this. 

Imaging Scope
When you are using an imaging scope, your target cannot gain Edge by having a higher Defense Rating.

Wireless bonus: The scope’s “line of sight” can be shared, allowing you to share what your scope sees with your team (and yourself if you’re using it to look around a corner).

This maybe even implies due to word order that now the whole team can negate the Mayor's Edge. 

Always nice to have your huge purchases entirely offset by a 350 nuyen item. 

Now armor actually completely, genuinely, totally does not matter.  RIP, Mister Mayor.

I asked about the imaging scope, and the response I got was that only the user gets to negate edge. But as you said, its a 350¥ a pop and availability 1 (its actually harder to get a shock pad for a rifle stock (lolz)), so not real hard for any team to all have them.