NEWS

Gungrave

• 19 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« on: <02-03-15/2000:25> »
Premise - A runner that once he gets going.. he doesn't stop till everyone is dead.

Gungrave
METATYPE: HUMAN
B 6, A 4, R 4/5, S 5, W 4, L 3, I 3, C 3, ESS 6, EDG 3, M 6
Condition Monitor (P/S): 12 / 11
Armor: 16
Limits: Physical 7, Mental 5, Social 7
Physical Initiative: 7/8+2D6
Active Skills: Arcana 4, Blades 6 (Knives +2), Gymnastics 4, Intimidation 4, Perception 4, Pistols 6 (Semi-Automatics +2), Running 2, Spellcasting 4
Languages: English N
Qualities: Combat Monster, Allergy, Common (Mild): The Sun, Ambidexterous, Bad Rep, Combat Junkie (6dicepool (4)), Hermetic Mystic Adept, Mentor Spirit: Adept Powers: Berserker, Adept Powers
Adept Powers: Attribute Boost (1): Agility (7dicepool), Attribute Boost (1): Body (7dicepool), Berserk (7dicepool (3)), Berserker's Rage (7dicepool (3)), Combat Sense (1), Enhanced Accuracy: Pistols, Improved Reflexes (1), Improved Sense: Low-Light Vision, Mystic Armor (1), Pain Resistance (1), Supernatural Toughness (1)
Gear:
. . Ballistic Mask (Customized)
. . Berwick Suit w/ -2 modifier for concealability, Argentum Coat, Custom Fit, Increase Social Limit by 1
Weapons:
. . Savalette Guardian [Heavy Pistol, Acc 6, DV 8P, AP -1, SA/BF, RC 1, 12 (c)] w/ (50x) Regular Ammo, Smartgun System, Internal, (10x) Spare Clips
. . . . Bayonet [Blade, Reach 2, Acc 4, DV 6P, AP -1]
. . Savalette Guardian [Heavy Pistol, Acc 6, DV 8P, AP -1, SA/BF, RC 1, 12 (c)] w/ (50x) Regular Ammo, Smartgun System, Internal, (10x) Spare Clips
. . . . Bayonet [Blade, Reach 2, Acc 4, DV 6P, AP -1]
. . Bayonet [Blade, Reach 2, Acc 4, DV 6P, AP -1]
. . Bayonet [Blade, Reach 2, Acc 4, DV 6P, AP -1]
Starting ¥: 5,000 + (1D6 × 20)¥

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Shadowrun © 2005-2015 The Topps Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Shadowrun is a registered trademark of The Topps Company, Inc.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-03-15/2332:16> »
IMO you'll be better off with a physical adept if you don't need any spells at all.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-04-15/0036:48> »
Yeah, probably. I was kinda going off with the idea of Alucard and summoning minions to do my bidding, but going just pure adept is probably better.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #3 on: <02-04-15/0617:41> »
Just one level of Mystic Armor, Pain Resistance, Combat Sense, and Supernatural Toughness isn't gonna be worthwhile in my opinion.  The first three only offer relatively minor effects for only a single level, and the latter, while potent, is quite costly and doesn't jive with your build, since you're not really big into damage soak.  Adepts are best when focused; I suggest you take those points to get an extra level of Improved Reflexes, and then put the rest into Combat Sense if you want better defenses...  And, I just personally would suggest Nimble Fingers, since it's really cheap, and making Change Gun Mode, Insert Clip, Remove Clip, and Use Simple Device free actions seems pretty good for a tiny investment, meaning you have even less reason to have guns be wireless.  Speed's something adepts have always (in my experience anyways) been really great at acquiring and utilizing, which is why I suggest playing it up.

The only reason I didn't suggest all three levels of Improved Reflexes, is 'cause getting a F4 Qi Focus for it after play starts isn't too tough.

Oh also I do agree with Zelda Bravo.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #4 on: <02-04-15/1336:08> »
Drop mystic adept, go pure adept. Focus your powers on raising your abilities with either guns or blades, can do a little of both, but need to eventually focus on one eventually. Qi Foci force 4 is doable at creation and great for getting one of the improved attribute powers. Also, weapon foci, even rating 1 are perfect for spirit killing, I would suggest either a bayonette or combat knifs , latter has better damage.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-04-15/1542:02> »
Got bayonets on his pistols. Never has to drop guns to stab people. Ill focus him a bit more

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #6 on: <02-04-15/1550:15> »
Then you really should make one of the bayonets a weapon foci.
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-04-15/1555:17> »
If I'm not mistaken, bayonets are listed as only attachable to weapons of rifle size or larger in Run & Gun.  You may want to check that.  And unfortunately I don't think melee hardening made the editing cut.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-04-15/1721:27> »
Yup, Bayonets are a longarm attachment only. And while Melee Hardening is mentioned in Gun H(3)aven they never actually got around to quantifying it in the rules... it wasn't done in Gun H(3)aven because it was assumed to be done later in Run & Gun, then they never did it in Run & Gun.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #9 on: <02-04-15/1948:51> »
I was worried that might be the case with a bayonet. And it sucks melee harding didn't make it in, but it should be easy to convert into 5th.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-04-15/2000:01> »
Well, it exists and we know what it does... we just don't know how much it costs and if it effects availability.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-04-15/2110:54> »
At the same time there isn't any really any rules for using your gun as a melee weapon, other than it does some damage, unlike before where there was rules to not use your pistol as a melee weapon.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #12 on: <02-04-15/2125:48> »
Yeah, there's not any rules that melee hardening would let you get around, since there's no rules about how easy or difficult it is to damage your gun by pistol-whipping someone or using it to parry.  Until there is, I'd just say "whatever" and retroactively purchase melee hardening once it exists and matters.

With Critical Strike: Clubs and making it a weapon focus, a pistol whip can do half-decent damage.  Elemental Weapon (Electricity) can be good too, just because the secondary effect (-1 to all actions and -5 initiative) is pretty solid.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-04-15/2134:24> »
Pistols and Rifle Buts are mentioned in the Improvised Weapons table of Run & Gun.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #14 on: <02-04-15/2223:24> »
Firebug's suggestion combined with the improsived weapons bit out of R&G is a good plan, if the gm let's you use the weapon focus (only in melee of course).