NEWS

SRM 04-00 - Back in Business - Music Thoughts?

• 8 Replies

AceFace

« on: <08-20-12/1134:40> »
Just bought the pdf of this and really looking forward to running it. Something that occurs to me though, I'm going to have to have some thumping background music during the scenes in Underworld 93, to help get the atmosphere across. So, what music do you guys think you'd use for Maria Mercurial? I was thinking something quite synth-poppy (so, maybe Lady Gaga or MIA), but then the lyrics to "Take it to Mister" are almost a bit folky (so maybe something a bit more like Tori Amos or PJ Harvey). I'd be really interested to hear how other GMs who've read and run this mission imagine the music.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <08-20-12/1505:03> »
Most of the soundtrack, in my head, is AC/DC.  (Look carefully at all the Scene Titles, as well as the adventure title ;))

Mercurial's Music is supposed to use a synth-;ink, which is a musical instrument that produces synthesizer styl;e music, but it's tied to the musician's emotions.  So I imagine it's got a strong 9-'s Synth meets Folk Rock sound to it.  Not sure what would be appropriate though.

AceFace

« Reply #2 on: <08-20-12/1541:42> »
I noticed the chapter titles and one of our group is a BIG AC/DC fan. I was thinking of using them as background music for the warm-up act.

Now, to Google for "synth-folk"!

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #3 on: <08-21-12/1523:29> »
Cant ever have too much of the guitar rift from the start of dirty deeds
« Last Edit: <08-21-12/1525:50> by Henzington »
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #4 on: <08-21-12/1851:26> »
Maria Mercurial has always brought to mind such strong female rock voices as Lacuna Coil, Krypteria, and Within Temptation.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-21-12/1856:24> »
I don't know.  I still hear Joan Jett.  Then again, I've spent the last three seasons of Missions with AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill in my head.  Well, that and "In the Air Tonight".

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #6 on: <08-21-12/1909:26> »
I dont think I am the only one who has had thunder stuck going their head as the run is going on.  Course my runner rarely wears a school uniform except on the kidnap mission in Season 2.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

mortonstromgal

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-10-12/0002:25> »
I always thought of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RrKs2DhFYo

not synth enough but shes from Atzland IIRC so I always thought it had a latin techno feel.

Kat9

« Reply #8 on: <10-10-12/0017:54> »
I don't know.  I still hear Joan Jett.  Then again, I've spent the last three seasons of Missions with AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill in my head.  Well, that and "In the Air Tonight".

Yep I imagined her being like Joan too.