NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #195 on: <09-18-14/1103:43> »
@CT

WIL of 9? That's impressive! How are you pulling that one off? I can't read that Chummer file.  :-[

Might be a CHA of 9, seems to be a shamanic tradition.

Carathas

• Newb
« Reply #196 on: <09-18-14/1104:36> »
@CT

WIL of 9? That's impressive! How are you pulling that one off? I can't read that Chummer file.  :-[

He has a focus sustained Increase Attribute (WIL) spell running.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #197 on: <09-18-14/1106:51> »
@CT

But he has a Base of 5 WIL, right? (I think I figured out how to parse the chummer file) A Force 5 sustaining focus would be outside of availability, I think.
« Last Edit: <09-25-14/1120:12> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #198 on: <09-18-14/1114:00> »
@CT

But he has a Base of 5 WIL, right? (I htink I figured out how to parse the chummer file) A Force 5 sustaining focus would be outside of availability, I think.

Yes, that is true. Unless he maybe had karma from a previous IC thread that carried over.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #199 on: <09-18-14/1122:22> »
Yes, that is true. Unless he maybe had karma from a previous IC thread that carried over.
Yep, completely forgot about that. Darn, back to the drawing board on the mage I'm building, LOL.

@CT

Aria: Harrier is basically setup for now, pending developments with Morgan and the Zeppelin crew. He's going to stay in VR and keep his eyes on the sensor feeds, periodically running Matrix Perception checks on his drone icons to make sure they haven't picked up any unauthorized MARKs.
« Last Edit: <09-18-14/1310:07> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #200 on: <09-18-14/1258:14> »
@CT
Yeah, I'll hold of on the sprite.  To big of a risk.

@Aria: BT takes Oblique up on his offer to introduce him to the seer.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #201 on: <09-18-14/1312:09> »
Yep, completely forgot about that. Darn, back to the drawing board on the mage I'm building, LOL.

@CT

Aria: Harrier is basically setup for now, pending developments with Morgan and the Zeppelin crew. He's going to stay in VR and keep his eyes on the sensor feeds, periodically running Matrix Perception checks on his drone icons to make sure they haven't picked up any unauthorized MARKs.
yep, just trying to get a feel for the security and potential holes before we expose the drone net to them
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #202 on: <09-18-14/1631:34> »
No problem, Aria.

So you don't have to search, I know I (Harrier) made a hopefully amusing Conspiracy Theory Knowledge check on the Cirque de l'Ombre and Al made a hopefully more useful Puyallup Area Knowledge to get an idea of the threats we might face in crossing the area.
Sorry this one didn't get answered before...here goes...

@Harrier (Every conspiracy links to UFOs eventually but I'll ignore that for now  :o so 4 hits):
  • The first post of the IC thread gave some hints about the circus…
  • They have ways of fulfilling your darkest desires
  • They smuggle people and illicit telesma across borders
  • They are a front for shadow spirits that prey on the heightened emotions generated

@Al: (4 hits):
  • The usual suspects :D  If it’s smuggling related then La Familia might take an interest
  • The Ancients operate in and around Tarislar
  • Parkland Sons are a go-gang but the route is a bit outside their turf
  • For more gang info check out issue 2 of the Dumpshock Data Haven, you should be able to find a link on DS

matrix perception on "castle" (13d6.hits(5)=5)
-what is it's role/purpose?
-what are it's ratings?
-is it encrypted?
Role: to coordinate the various aspects of the circus, to provide a location for the VR ‘games’ that are part of their performances
Ratings: Couldn’t find the example host ratings in the book, though I didn’t look hard…I’d guess about rt 5???
Encryption: I would have thought so, although not if you’d have to give out the encryption to every visitor???
IC: It has patrol IC, probably something with a bit more bite too, scramble and blaster perhaps
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #203 on: <09-18-14/1636:44> »
Ratings: Couldn’t find the example host ratings in the book, though I didn’t look hard…I’d guess about rt 5???
They're on p. 247. Rating 5-6 consists of hosts for social media, small colleges and universities, local police, international policlubs.

As far as encryption, they would probably invite customers to MARK the Host for a period of time coinciding with the performance and revoke them at the conclusion, maybe going so far as to reboot the Host in order to clear everyone out.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

adamu

« Reply #204 on: <09-18-14/1810:50> »

@Al: (4 hits):
  • The usual suspects :D  If it’s smuggling related then La Familia might take an interest
  • The Ancients operate in and around Tarislar
  • Parkland Sons are a go-gang but the route is a bit outside their turf
  • For more gang info check out issue 2 of the Dumpshock Data Haven, you should be able to find a link on DS

Thanks for the tip - i read the whole shadow write-up - so I'll also be assuming Al has too!

Number 2

• Chummer
« Reply #205 on: <09-18-14/2206:19> »
Can it be explained to me how this works, and where I would make a character?
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

8-bit

« Reply #206 on: <09-18-14/2255:53> »
Can it be explained to me how this works, and where I would make a character?

Every 2 IC posts you get 2,000 nuyen and 1 karma, which may be spent mid-game subject to GM approval. This crosses over multiple IC threads, so if you say have 10 IC posts in one campaign, you could use you're rewards from that campaign (10,000 nuyen and 5 karma) on any character you make for any IC thread that is part of this World Campaign.

If you want to join in the current IC game, Circus Tricks, simply make a character and we'll find some way to incorporate you into the game. We aren't too far along that it would be problematic to have another runner.

For Aria's convenience, she asked us for rolls for our characters. So, when you have a character sheet possibly post some rolls and you should be set to join in the fun!

@CT:  Please could everyone make a ‘rolls’ post with at least 5 rolls of each of initiative, typical attack, ranged defence, melee defence, perception and surprise.  Plus any others you think might be really useful to have done ahead of time!  Please note the assumptions in calculating dice totals eg:

Initiative: Rea(9) + Int(4) + 2d6
13+2d6 → [13,1,5] = (19)

Surprise: Rea(9) + Int(4) [threshold 3]
13d6.hits(5) → [3,5,1,5,3,2,2,6,2,4,6,4,1] = (4)

Please list them in this format too if using Invisible Castle, that way I can add / take away D by wrapping the rolls around...

Can you then link the ‘rolls’ post with your character sheet for future reference so we don’t have to hunt for them again?

Thanks!

Carathas

• Newb
« Reply #207 on: <09-19-14/0414:05> »
@CT

But he has a Base of 5 WIL, right? (I htink I figured out how to parse the chummer file) A Force 5 sustaining focus would be outside of availability, I think.

He does indeed have a base WIL (and CHA) of 5. I took the rating 4 sustaining focus on WIL for some reason I don't recall to be honest. I'm actually not sure he has the spell for Increase CHA actually. I think I presumed increasing WIL would be generally more useful to the party, and certainly has its merits for Leaf himself.

Carathas

• Newb
« Reply #208 on: <09-19-14/0415:59> »
His text based sheet is here.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17794.msg317784#msg317784

Its the first time I made an SR5 character so if anyone spots any problems please do shout out. (First time I made an SR character for many years actually).

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #209 on: <09-19-14/0803:34> »
@CT

Carthas:

In order to increase your WIL (5), the Force of the Increase WIL spell has to be at least 5. The problem you run into is that the Focus can only sustain Force 4 or lower spells. An easy way to get around this and maintain your Drain Resistance would be to lower your WIL to 4 and raise your CHA to 6.

Attributes: No problem

Skills: It looks like you spent a bunch of karma on skills? The one thing I can't figure out is where your Skill Group points went. The only group that you could have spent it on was Sorcery, but then you would have had to spend 60 karma to raise Spellcasting to 6 and Counterspelling to 5, which doesn't make any sense. Remember that you can't break a skill group until the karma spending phase, so no getting Sorcery Group at 2 and then raising individual skills in the group with skill points. You may want to take another look at your skills.

Karma: Hard to tell with no accounting. You have 12 points of PQs and 22 points of NQs, so 35 points of karma to spend. Your foci require 16 karma to bond, so 19 karma left. Money starts to get a little tight once you factor in the two foci, Fake SIN, motorcycle, and Magic Circle materials, and multiple month lifestyles, but it seems like you could manage it with a little karma expenditure.

Looks pretty correct other than the skills part. I'd go over that one again.

Hope that helps! (Original message modified with input from 8-bit, h/tip)
« Last Edit: <09-19-14/1123:05> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal