NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #285 on: <04-28-15/1332:45> »
Sunday, Dec 7th

@ Marco, Yelena & Arc  The door opens when you're still three steps from it. And Sam is standing there waiting for you. "Thank you for being so prompt. I have quite a bit to tell you. Please, take a seat." He stops and waits for everyone to be seated comfortably and you notice coffee and pastries waiting for you on the table. "First, Feathers is missing. He sent me a call for help late yesterday afternoon. I've had his home investigated while you slept. The investigation was complicated by his recent move, he hasn't had time to really settle in and establish habits and tell-tale signs for the investigator to work with. But, what I can tell you is that the job was professional in nature. They took nothing but Feathers and a large dagger. I can also tell you that they left his foci. They also went out of their way to make it look like he never went home Saturday night. They even wiped his comm record, no easy task. So, that tells me that they hired very expensive skills for this job, not just neat and paranoid muscle. And since the last thing Feathers did that could be considered a threat to someone with money was ID some drugs, I have to assume he was taken for what he might know. And it tells me that the people we're dealing with are, smart and paranoid." He pauses for a moment to look around the group. "I've formed a very rough plan to try and find Feathers, if he's at the club. It rely's on distraction and Marco's abilities to mimic anybody. I need you two" he looks at Arc & Yelena, to be the belles at a ball given in your honor on Monday. I've arranged for an explosion to happen then. And when it does. I want you to make sure that everyone's attention is focused on that explosion. Toast it, make up a dance in it's honor, shoot fireworks off. Whatever it takes, and whatever would have the staff running around dancing to your tune. Marco, You'll go separately, study the security personnel there, and when the explosion happens, take the place of one of the security personnel and get into the basement and find if that's where they keep the people they kidnap. I suspect not, but I need to be sure." He pauses again, "And as upsetting as I know this information is for you Arc and Yelena, I need all three of you to focus and tell me everything you noticed and felt at the club and the impressions it gave you. That's something surveillance camera's can't give. I also want your feedback and ideas about the plan to look for Feathers and the other hostages. You know your own skills and needs far better than I do, and if you have a better plan, or even just a different plan I want to hear it." He stops then, looking at all three of you expectantly,
« Last Edit: <04-28-15/1338:35> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #286 on: <04-28-15/1530:45> »
Marco first take a sit, he thinks about eating some of the pastries but decides against it. If Sam insists that they sit there is a reason. He listen carefully to his words. He is still confused that Shilla is Sam and is a guy... she seems better than him in disguises.

When Sam talks about Feathers his thoughts run... but why Feathers?  A warded club, then they expend so many resources to extract Feathers... out of them all they picked him. In a way Feathers intimidates them. But why him?  Feathers must have done something that exposed his talent... He must be a Mage... otherwise why him... he could see their magical nature and they already suspect us.

When Marco speaks he say: “When you look into the void... the void looks back into you. This is no time to be discreet... Feathers is a Mage isn't he?...  I wonder just how he ID'ed these drugs... maybe some sort of magic? Because people that know a lot of drugs come to the club all the time...  I think they use alchemy... It explains it all... people take their drug samples all the time... but the thing is with alchemy by the time the drug gets out of the club and reaches a lab or an expert - it already lost its magical potency... This is how they keep their professional secrets...  Very smart of them!

But Feathers - he managed to see their drugs inside the club - I bet they only give their magic drugs to mundanes - somehow it reached feathers hands and it was a disaster he was probably too drunk to understand how close he was.“

Without waiting for an explanation he continues

You see... The club has no serious physical security but it has plenty of magical security. While this security did not stop him from getting the special drug - it spotted Feathers and the drug together - this is why they were so nervous.

This is exactly what the club security is for - to prevent a mage from being offered anything special. I think that these people weren't hired to kidnap Feathers... not at all - they were the last layer of security - if a mage is offered the drug they geek him...  Expensive skills are not hastily recruited. The people that took Feathers were waiting for the magical security to fail for quite a while... 

I bet they only offer their  special drug to mundanes after being assensed - so someone must have unexpectedly given the drug to Feathers. Maybe one of the ladies that wanted to dance with him.

This is where they got sloppy - they kidnapped him - so they approved that what he discovered was important. They should have waited to see if he understands what he saw... if he does anything risky but they got stressed and showed their hand. They were afraid that his knowledge would leak.

I could guess their plan because these guys are paranoid... but they made a mistake - they just told us a lot about themselves.

... He take a look at Yelena and then at Arc, they seem upset. He pours them a glass of water and say... “Where are my manners... I am so sorry I must be more scared than I thought.” He pours them a glass of water and asks:" Are you okay?" nothing in his body language indicates fear, but Marco is afraid. If his little conspiracy theory is true than he is also at risk.

He takes a deep breath and add: “I understand my part... My aura is difficult to read, I trained for years in controlling my emotions and body functions. But I may be exposed as a mage if I do magic... Perhaps  if I am fast enough... but it scares me... I can try mundane disguises - less impressive but invisible in the astral.  I do not want that *THING* to look into me.”

A moment later he realize there is quite a lot of time until Monday- and the other side have professionals with them.

“The thing is... I am not sure how we should behave until the party... we may be at danger...  so I am not sure how we should behave. Disappearing feels safe, but doing absolutely nothing unusual is more stealthy. Do you guys have any experience regarding that? I am totally lost here.”

Unlike previous times, he did not feel like he wanted to run away. Somehow being emotionally involved meant he wanted to stick around and do his best so that Yelena and Arc makes it back in one piece. Was he becoming a shadow runner? The thought of it scared him even more than being kidnapped like Feathers.
« Last Edit: <04-28-15/1649:47> by gilga »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #287 on: <04-28-15/2032:46> »
@ Ambrose  That should be cheap and almost impossible to track down. And if you think you can get it there in sufficient quantities to do the job I need I'll defer to your judgment. As I said, usual fee 1/2 up-front & the remainder, including your bonus when I get the detonator.

Ambrose nods and takes his leave. As he does, he fires off a message to Frank Castille, his arms dealer. <<Here to order. Three pupu platers, a side of hot chille cheese fries. Beer pong table set, and the hottest chimechangas you've got.>>
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #288 on: <04-28-15/2116:13> »
Sat. Dec 6 late afternoon

The cred transfer to Ambrose complete and Ambrose safely gone Sam gets back to what he was doing. Going through all the data from the security camera's and reading through reports from his inquiries. Ghost's report does not come in at the four hour mark and even that bit of knowledge tells him something. The data package from Arc's eyes comes in in the afternoon and Sam sets it aside for after dinner when he can run a facial detection program that's currently busy with the security camera feeds. When he finally runs it, sipping a coffee, he almost chokes. Ambrose! Sitting at the damn table with them all!  And by his lip movements saying something about an interview and reporter! The HELL! If he'd only known he'd have grilled the fragger when he had him! And now he's either hired the most dangerous person to do the job, a guy working for the other side, or, the guy that may hold the key to Feathers disappearance. What did he tell him? Sam reviewed the conversation again, looking for tell-tale signs that Ambrose knew exactly who he was. Hmmmm, nothing that he could see, and he hadn't told him anything in particular. He'd made it seem as though it was a financially motivated hit of the warehouse. And Ambrose hadn't seemed all that concerned for the club. Well, he'd keep an eye on Mr Ambrose that was certain.
« Last Edit: <04-29-15/1241:52> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #289 on: <04-28-15/2134:29> »
Arc could feel her blood freeze as the meeting commenced and Sam's current form shared the updates on what was going on without them, all thoughts and merriment from the prior conversation dashed away with the big revelation: Feathers was hit.  Kidnapped probably, killed maybe, but missing definitely.  And a professional job too?  Frag us sideways to Snohomish and back..  The color drained from her cheeks as her understanding drifted from their missing, older friend to the fact that they might be suspect too, and might be targeted...

Panick struck her for a brief moment, anyone sitting next to the human seeing it on her face.  Her breath stopped in her chest, her real hand gripping her pant leg with white knuckles as her mind raced.  But this was all over as quickly as it came as she started thinking, approaching it like she would a car.  This is a new wreck...just wheeled in..let's diagnose the drek..okay...  She didn't respond to Marco's offering of water, but after a few minutes, processing all the info was shared, Arc finally spoke up.

"So we do know a few things.  One, our reps.  Barrens folk talk alot, so they know the three of us be heroes in this drek.  Feathers as an outreached hand for the downtrodden, myself as an indie mechanic with street blood, and Yelena as a foreigner who gave a drekton and is now one of us.  You can bet your hoop the Stardust know that.  Two, our night there.  Doesn't take a decent security setup to trace what we all did, and that was separate and never regroup for the rest of the night.  I'm willing to bet that Feathers did that drek you guys be talking about after we separated...and if they wiped his comm history, then they probably looked, and saw he didn't contact any of us about drek.  So they ain't got reason to think we know about the mojo drek."

"So on that bent, I'd say until tomorrow night, let's not give them reason to think we know wassup.  Business as usual and all that jazz."
  She cleared her throat a bit, straightening up and sitting back, turning to their employer and grabbing a cup of coffee.  "As for the club, I saw a lot of partying.  Likely mojo sec be the best thing in all that chaos I guess to figure out what's what.  Lots of people there to have fun and help people have fun.  Other than that, I saw some glitching in the AR overlay for a bit, but couldn't dig further...Sam, with my mental state that night, you'd probably have better luck finding stuff through the vid feed I sent ya."

"As for the plan, I've got a couple bugs I can have slipping through to check stuff out.  Might help Marco look around for drek as needed if I link the feed to him.  I think if I can loop it through my link, I can loop commands through my RCC left in my ride and to the drones.  A little noisy, but carrying that in the club will be just stupid.  I can help that way, since I'm assuming you weren't intending me to rig up the explosion."
  She winked, leaning back and tapping her cheek a couple times.  "Drawing attention and running a party may work, plus I can be obnoxiously loud if needed.  Especially with a bit of the drank, ya heard?  You got no worries, and I'm assuming that this person hosting the shindig's gonna give us a call today.  They might be tracing our comms now, so make the full monty show, right?  Another thought..."  She paused for a bit, biting her lip.  "If they do give that house spec to mundies for the very reason that wiz's can see it, it might as likely be Yelena or I will be offered the drek during the party.  Depending on how much control we can show, it may just as likely be one ends up with it in our system...our choice or otherwise.  This will be tight...guessing more dangerous the more time we spend than we need to."

She straightened up, looking to the three of them quizzically.  "What?  Street girl can't think of stuff or som-somethin'?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #290 on: <04-28-15/2309:15> »
Marco face Arc and listens carefully, when she is done he say: "You are right... i bet we should change nothing. Just act normal... as scary as that sounds."
To himself... "what a professional."

He adds, looking excited at Arc.

"...a small drone will make me safer. I do not interact that easily with machines so having a small drone with me will keep us in control... you will be able to know if something bad happens without me typing something explicitly. Heck it may make physically sneaking to the basement a backup plan. Or  it can help by alerting me before someone approaches me. "
« Last Edit: <04-29-15/0200:39> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #291 on: <04-28-15/2346:46> »
Yelena takes a seat next to Arc and smiles at Sam as she listens to his story, taking in and absorbing all he says.  As he mentions Feather's disappearance, she notes the slight stiffening in her friend and from the corner of her eye she catches the white-knuckle grip of the short human.  Remembering the reaction her earlier grab had elicited, she very carefully touches Arc as she mentally thumbs open her commlink.  <Hey.  Yelena here for Arc.  We find Feathers.  We find others.>  Beyond that, she sits impassively as first Marco then Arc say their piece.  Even though she is listening, part of her mind is already focusing on the mission.  It is different from what she has done in the past.  As yet there is no clear target to focus on, but the people behind this sort of operation cannot remain behind the curtain of anonymity forever.  Mistakes will be made and Yelena will then have targets for her considerable skill.  People will die.  Sam is completely aware of what Yelena is and what she can do and he would not have brought her into this without believing, without knowing, that people will die. 

Yelena removes a thin cigar from her case which she leaves open on the table in case anyone else wants one of the acrid Russian-Turkish blends.  Lighting it, she takes a few drags to help order her thoughts then looks at the others before saying, "Yelena ignore Arc comment.  Yelena know Arc smart with many good ideas.  New toys is good idea.  Yelena think targets made mistakes.  First take too many too fast.  People wonder.  Second take Feathers.  He know something.  They take to silence.  But taking tell us almost all he knows.  Mage security see him do something and can only be magic seeing of drugs or magic seeing of captives.  We know even if Feathers not tell us.  We know they scared.  We know on right track.  A little more rattle and know targets.  Then targets die."

Yelena pauses to take a couple of drags, expertly keeping the cigar ash intact.  Looking at Sam, she continues.  Yelena saw some and learned some.  Meet woman name Bella at tub on roof.  She and other man had Bliss and give to Yelena.  Bella talk of starlight drug.  Is special drug club only give to spenders to keep coming back.  Yelena think she special guest and club give starlight drug to her.  Is same Bella as Isabella giving party?  If same Yelena already friend and can get closer.  She very much into girl-girl sex and Yelena very good at it.  Probably give more Bliss at party.  Yelena take.  Arc try stay from take.  Very bad and Yelena need Arc help after to clean up.  Get information."

Yelena finishes the cigar and finally taps the ash off before stripping the butt end.  "Targets made other mistake.  Maybe worst.  Not believe Feathers' reputation.  Arc know Merlin?  Arc tell Merlin about Feathers we get magic ally, maybe more than one.  Feathers has magic friends who can help.  And Sarge make honorary Howler.  Howlers not like men who take Feathers.  Can tell about feathers and maybe Howlers help when need.  Barrens not just one person.  Barrens much people.  Come together for Smiley face Monster.  Come together for Feathers and stop drug men.  Club place bad."

She looks directly at Sam.  "Is party for more looking or for stopping drug men?  If stopping, Yelena want gun.  Any idea to get gun inside for Yelena find?  If party for more looking, Yelena do that without gun.  For party, bell of ball means dress up again?  More torture salon?  If at club, party not tux and tie.  Yelena know dress want but need makeup like before.  Can happen tomorrow?  And need more money for spend at club."

Yelena shifts her attention back to her friend.  "Arc arm hide gun?"
« Last Edit: <04-29-15/0931:33> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #292 on: <04-29-15/0205:15> »
Marco looks at Yelena when she start talking about girl-on-girl sex and taking more bliss he thinks to himself - “what is she thinking... she’ll say anything for another shot of Bliss. This is going to be a difficult road”.  When he finally speaks... he say... “Might I suggest a plan that does not include sex at the club.”... “ I mean - no offense Sam” he gives Sam a look with a minute facial expression as if seeking his conformation and then continues: . “Right now... drug research is of minor importance... our priority should be to find Feathers - hopefully he knows something important enough and perhaps finding him will solve the drug research issues”
Back at Yelena - “We might need your special skills ... I also know how to get your gun into the club... The hot tub is a serious security problem a flying drone can discreeotly land in there... A spirit if we can not get a suitable drone. I bet they do not keep Camera’s on the roof as their patrons are not dressed and won’t feel comfortable.  A small gun is preferable tough... how do you feel about my Crusader?”
« Last Edit: <04-29-15/0232:23> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #293 on: <04-29-15/1028:03> »
Yelena looks at the Keeb and for a few moments that is all it is, just a look.  No emotion.  Then she smiles.  "Yelena thank Marco.  Yelena rather never sniff Bliss again.  But is Yelena weakness.  Knowing can make useful.  Can get close Bella to get starlight drug.  Yelena believe find drug find Feathers.  Find others.  And Marco maybe not think sex as tool.  As weapon.  But is tool and weapon Yelena can use."

She pauses to flip another cigar from the case on the table and light it.  "Yelena think Marco wrong about cameras.  Not open to notice, but hide.  And club almost certainly does have at tub.  Yelena sure club men have looked Yelena and tub party many times for checking.  Yelena see man stand in shadows near tree.  He watch party but not join.  Think watch Bella."  She laughs.  "Watch Yelena too.  But mostly Bella.  Think club man.  Watch who close to.  Who friends are.  Maybe offer starlight drug to Bella good friends.  Yelena try be Bella friend.  Yelena carry Arc drone and plant on Bella clothes and drone go where Bella go so Arc see and hear.  Arc drone like insect so not seen."

Yelena smokes a bit, looking around the table.  "Yelena not sure about gun.  Drone good idea, but Arc not have big drone.  But spirit bring.  Club has magic defense and spirit maybe seen, but can use explosion diversion to come club and put gun on roof.  Is bushes near towel place.  Hide gun there.  Crusader good.  Is Ares.  Yelena like Predator more.  Yelena and Arc get party to roof.  Then big explosion.  Yelena get gun."

As she finishes her second cigar, she tips the ash and strips the butt, almost as a reflex action.  Looking at Sam, she adds, "Marco send demon spirit to look club.  Demon talk about bound slaves and a prison.  Could be bound spirits to protect or might be prisoners.  Maybe drug and prisoners in same place.  Use explosion to get Howlers and Merlin to attack club.  Yelena think club men come get Bella.  Not want her tell of drug so take.  Arc use drone I put on Bella clothes to see where go.  We follow.  Find drug.  Find Feathers.  Kill drug men."

She looks around again.  "Is Yelena plan.  Barrens people protect Barrens.  Plan good or bad?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #294 on: <04-29-15/1250:35> »
@ Ambrose  Frank's reply back is prompt, and unexpectedly bad. >>Food inspectors shut the restaurant down. Something about rats. I can get you your order. It's just going to have to come from a restaurant out of town and so it'll take a little longer, and they don't have the chimichangas. But their chilies rellenos are even better in my opinion. And cheaper, but their kinda on the small side so you'll need probably half again as many in order to feel full. But if they don't let you know they're there it's 'cause you're already dead. Let me know if that's ok or if you want to change your order.<<
« Last Edit: <04-29-15/1403:58> by ismilealot »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #295 on: <04-29-15/1400:18> »
@ Arc, Yelena & Marco  Sam looks at the three of you. "So far I'm liking the ideas. It seems as though you're individual abilities are far more complimentary than I had imagined." He pauses then, looking stern. "But, I think right now it's very important that we not tip our hand. The club needs to only think of you as Barrens street rats made good. And suddenly flush with cash & fame looking to party hard after your close brush with death. If Feathers and the others aren't down there we'll need people, and especially staff, to see you as friends so that they share info with you. After all, there's a trail there somewhere. We just need to find it." He looks at you Marco, "And that was good thinking sending the spirit for recon. It got you very good intell, and a very good use of inferential logic all of you. But, don't get glued to any idea yet. Keep an open mind, and more importantly an open commlink." He smiles then, trying to make light of a simple and important safety tip. "And now to our next subject. I need you to tell me about this guy. He was at your table last night and spoke to Feathers." He calls up an image then, and you all recognize the reporter from that witchy magazine Feathers was talking to.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #296 on: <04-29-15/1450:43> »
To Yelena: "You obviously been doing this kind of work longer than me... 
I trust your judgement... Sam is going through plenty of logistics to send us into the basement - we need you clear headed and dressed at that moment..."

Just the thought of Yelena doing more bliss and sleeping around in another tub orgy makes Marco a bit protective. He knows this feeling is out of place and with his day job he really is in no place to critique...  He is well aware that she can get much with her sexuality - but some things  are the refuge of the desperate. He knows about himself that he would not sleep around for a mission unless the options to get the job done pants on were inferior.

He tries to keep poker face about his emotions as apparently Arc is the only one he did not sleep with in that room and he does not want an emotional drama.

To Sam:
"Yes... I remember this guy. He kept talking to Feathers as if he was interviewing him. I had to offer that guy a steak so that Feathers can have some quiet time and enjoy the club.

... I do not think he is a reporter though the hour was very odd for an interview, and his questions were obviously improvised. There was an Asian guy that was looking at him... It did not seem sexual it made me uneasy."

He thinks for a second and continues...

"Actually, that uneasy feeling made me go dancing a little earlier than I planned... What goes afterwards you already know - if you watched the feed from Arc’s eyes... I bet our dance made you a bit dizzy as me and Arc did some serious spinning over there. "
He smiles at Arc when he say that.
« Last Edit: <09-17-15/0537:37> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #297 on: <04-29-15/2027:24> »
Arc's expression notably soured as the idea of bringing the Howlers into the plan was brought up, the human sipping her coffee while her memories fumed.  Particularly since Merlin was brought prominently into the idea, whom was one of the list the human had for those trogs who treated her especially rough while she was part of the gang.  Thankfully, she didn't have to protest it, as Sam beat her to the punch, reminding them that their objective at this point was to identify, not eradicate just yet.  It's like a chess game...cept we just the fragging pieces and Sam's the player.  Drek  Sighing, she gave a shrug and shook her head, lifting her cyberarm to Yelena.

"I ain't set up to smuggle no piece in this baby, omae.  Besides, doubtful I could find a spot to fit a compartment without it lookin' all bulky and obvious.  Y'all right about the drone smuggling part.  I'd need a bigger one, and we don't got the time nor cred to make it happen.  Top of that hoopla, dropping a piece onto a populated roof ain't gonna go unnoticed anyhow.  Best if we find another option or just don't slip one in at all, ya hear me?"

Nodding her head, she turned back to Sam in regards to the next question, head tilted quizzically as she scanned the picture while Marco said his piece.  "hrm...I dunno...I admit I was already out on the floor when that dude showed up.  Older dude by the look of it, and I"d rule him out of any gang affiliation too...cut of his suit tells me he ain't Barrens-born...likely from cross town or outside Seattle?  Other than that, I really dunno...sorry"

After a little while, the human piped up a small query.  "So, y'all prolly know more of this drek than I do, but uh...after we get this invite, we supposed to get new shiny outfits again?"

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #298 on: <04-29-15/2114:30> »
@ Ambrose  Frank's reply back is prompt, and unexpectedly bad. >>Food inspectors shut the restaurant down. Something about rats. I can get you your order. It's just going to have to come from a restaurant out of town and so it'll take a little longer, and they don't have the chimichangas. But their chilies rellenos are even better in my opinion. And cheaper, but their kinda on the small side so you'll need probably half again as many in order to feel full. But if they don't let you know they're there it's 'cause you're already dead. Let me know if that's ok or if you want to change your order.<<

<<How about the unlimited chorioz, with two howling ninies, and three red screamers? And an extra large bucket of Greasy's gravy fries. Two bags of gummieworms, and one teddy?>>
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #299 on: <04-29-15/2357:18> »
@ Ambrose  >>Can do omae. Everything 'cept the teddy, you want that you need to talk to your girl and hope it comes in AR so's it's no impediment to the deed wiz. I can have it all for you Monday early, say 11:00. This way you've got it in time for lunch. It'll be a little extra for the travel time but shouldn't be much more than 5%. Meet me at that soup kitchen near the glass house.<<