NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« on: <01-19-13/2342:53> »
                  Dawn breaks in the Pacific Northwest.  In most places the Sixth World never stops, this is not one of those places.  Dawn greets this location as it has for years uncounted, slowly reaching out fingers of light to stab the eyes of beasts and wake them from slumber.  In this place there is a quiet and peace rarely found in, even in areas ‘reclaimed for nature’.

Normally there is nothing to greet the sun in this place, this high mountain pasture.  But this is not a normal day, this is a New Beginning.  This day there is quite a sight, eight metahumans lie unconscious here, naked as the day they were born.  They are paired over a broken line approximately 20 meters long.

At one end of the line, it seems almost as if a brown-haired human has fallen asleep in the arms of his lover, an ork woman with oriental features who seems to cradle him to her chest, their arms around each other.  The second pair embraces as well, but theirs is an awkward one as the long elven body of one and slight oriental frames of both of these men create a mating that don’t neatly fit together as well as the first pair.  There is no embrace in the third set.  In this one a lean elven male is with another ork female, this one with somewhat darker skin, but they are back to back, with arms between.  Another peculiarity, both have a dark bag covering their heads.  The last two are not touching, a ginger haired elf lays splayed out, his right arm reaching for the final form, a human with close cropped hair, visible signs of bruising cover his fetal form.  Broken zip restraints lay in the grass between them. 

The light reaches this final form first, stirring him into pain-filled awareness, though consciousness is not far off for any of the group.
« Last Edit: <01-20-13/0839:24> by Crossbow »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-20-13/0036:39> »
   Patrick O'Connor woke with an audible groan, "Ow, why does my face hurt? I don't remember getting punched in the face." While shaking off the post-sleep haze, he experimentally felt his injuries while piecing together the previous day. As far as he remembered it'd been normal, he'd gone out to the local dive with his buddy Darrel. He wasn't overly concerned over his injuries, this wasn't the first time he'd blacked out and gotten into a bar fight. As the haze lifted he realized that he wasn't in his apartment or at Darrel's, in fact he was in a field...on the side of a mountain...naked. Okay, that's odd. Darrel wouldn't have let me run off into the night blacked out. How did I even get out here? What the hell happened? And where are my clothes?

O'Connor slowly got to his feet as he took stock of his surroundings. After taking in the scene before him, he cocked his head in confusion, Seriously, what the fuck happened? I'm gonna be pissed if I forgot about some kick ass party. He ran his hand over his buzzcut as he tried to dredge up memories of last night, but it was an act of futility and gave up after a few moments. While being naked was less than ideal, he'd been to prison, it wasn't the first time he'd been naked around a group of strangers. At least this time there were a couple of chicks in the mix, so that was something. He walked over to the red headed elf and shook his shoulder, "Hey chummer, wake up. You know what happened last night?"
« Last Edit: <01-20-13/2011:59> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-20-13/0932:57> »
Slowly Sammy regained consciuosness, but that seemed not to help a lot, as she still couldn't see nor hear.  And when she tried to move, it didn't seem to do much either.  A small panic set in.  What had happened, where was she?  Was she trapped in the matrix, like some people after the crash of '64?  Probably not, she decided, as she couldn't see anything, and in the matrix, for the few times she had gone in VR, there was always a lot to see.
'But what are you doing, idiot,' she thought to herself, 'you're a mage, do mage stuff.'

She opened her eyes to her other sight and was rewarded with an aura not far from her.  'Okay, time for the next step,' she thought as she slipped from her body like she had been taught at school.  The Astral World 101 through 301, she remembered.  Looking around she saw seven other forms, only one of which was moving.  First she had a look at them.

Then she did something she had done only once before, when filming Dragons in the Mist.  There she had to warn some people, so her character had slipped into the astral, flown over and then manifest in front of her group.  While this wouldn't be on the cameras, the director wanted her to do it so it would seem more natural for the other actors to actually talk to her instead of looking at an empty spot.  They had added a CGI rendering of her form afterwards.  But now it could be useful to communicate with the one aura that was moving, so she manifested above her body.  She saw a number of people on the ground, all naked, including herself.  One was moving though, trying to wake up the person next to him.

"Hey, can you untie me," she asked the person, "I'm right here."
She pointed to her body.

[spoiler]
Here's my assensing rolls for all the others.  They are in the same way Crossbow described them (so first the two in each others arms, then the next group, and so on, with the one up as last).

assensing 3 + intuition 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=0)

I spend one edge to reroll the last one (p74, use of edge to reroll all dice on a test that did not score a hit

assensing 3 + intuition 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-20-13/1122:22> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-20-13/1611:19> »
Fionn MacDarrach opened his eyes to painfully bright morning light, raising a hand to pinch at the bridge of his nose and shield his eyes. "Bloody hell, my head..."

A familiar pressure pushed out from inside Fionn's skull - not the ache of a night well wiled away at the pub, but rather the spear erupting from between his eyes that could follow in the wake of his power. Morrigan's Harvest, what was I doing last night? Can't have been drinking that much, but... Instinctually, he tried to reach out to the Matrix and glean some details as to where he was - and then the world fell out from under him. With a sick feeling growing from within the pit of his stomach, Fionn desperately fought to claw back a rising panic. Stop. You must calm down and think this through. You are of the Chosen; you will not give in to fear.

Taking it slowly, Fionn took inventory of what he had available and his surroundings - which didn't take long. Many other forms lay on the ground around him, one had risen.  An astral manifestation had appeared and identified itself as one of the others - and was asking for help; he clung to the hope that this was a good sign. All were in a similar state of undress. Either they were not involved in what was being done to him, or their plan was very elaborate. Perhaps they had all been taken outside of the mesh - he wasn't willing to confront the alternative, not yet.

So, naked. Were I back at home, I'd think we all got drunk and found a game to run through... Not alone, but that could be worse just as easily as better. Best to put on the "irresponsible college kid" routine, don't know if any of them are strongly anti-Emerged. I would not have come to a dead zone of my own will, certainly... Can I trust any of them? Fionn groaned, only partly for effect. "Alright, how much do I remember..." Digging through his recollections, Fionn could recall hitting O'Rourke's for a late lunch (or maybe it was an early dinner), a couple pints, and a dram for the road; it was still a bit too hazy to get anywhere past that.

He nodded to the apparition before turning to the bruised human who woke him, taking mental note of the restraints on the ground, and before he could think not to he let his natural Dublin accent paint him as a foreigner. "I'll get ye taken care of... Remember anything of how we got here?" . He moved groggily to untie the form the manifestation was pointing at to release her. "This headache, waking up naked in a field... Either I forgot one hell of a fine evening, or we had ourselves a very poor night. Where are we?"

[Spoiler]
 Perception, Composure, Con (4d6.hits(5)=0, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=2)
Perception to Observe in Detail, no hits.
Composure to temporarily contain the freakout, 4 hits
Con to make it look like he's not working so hard not to panic, 2 hits
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-20-13/2049:12> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-20-13/2103:36> »
   O’Connor nodded to the apparition, “Yeah, gimme a sec.” He started searching for a rock, or something, suitable for cutting her restraints, while also keeping an eye out for something that he could use as a weapon if needed. As he looked about, O’Connor smiled a bit when the elf’s comment about "a fine evening" closely mirrored his earlier thought. He shrugged at the elf’s question, “Looks like we’re in the middle of fuckin’ nowhere, other than that you got me. Any idea what’s goin’ on?”

[spoiler]
Cutting Tool: Perception (Visual) 5 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 6
Weapon: Perception (Visual) 5 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 6

Or would this be just one perception test?
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-20-13/2107:45> by Necrogigas »

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-20-13/2110:24> »
Removing the bag from the apparition's body's head, Fionn shrugged sharply.  "Would that I had, mate.  Last I can remember, I was on my way out of O'Rourke's, just about to head home - and now I'm out in the middle of nowhere, out of range of any mesh connection, mutually naked with a bunch of strangers.  What about you two?"

Dammit, shouldn't have mentioned mesh connections...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-20-13/2209:52> »
The dawn is truly glorious; there are colors in the sky that you can never see in the city, not without dangerous chemicals being somehow involved..  Turning your back to the rising sun, it’s as amazing to watch the light as it moves down the towering mountains.  The rocky pasture you are in ends approximately 100 meters downhill at a tree line.  The forest covers the valley below.  Natural beauty conceals any conceivable sign of habitation or civilization anywhere nearby.

The air is cool, but in spite of your nudity, you are comfortable in the direct sunlight at this elevation.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-20-13/2221:00> »
   O'Connor took in the scenery while he searched for tools, Shit man, no signs of cities anywhere. Where the fuck are we, somewhere in the middle of the NAN? He called back to the elf, "Last I remember was being at my local dive,The Rusty Nail, with a buddy of mine...Shit, hope he's okay." He unsuccessfully tried to remember yesterday, Darrel's fine, gotta be. I'm still alive and he knows how to handle himself in any case. Yeah, he's fine.  He returned to the group with a rock usable as a cutting tool and with several rocks with sharp enough edges to be used as simple weapons. He handed one of these rocks to the elf, "Not great weapons by any means, but better than nothin'. I don't wanna hafta fight some wild animal with nothing but my erection." He then started on cutting the restrains on the mage and her companion. He noted the duct tape wrapping their heads. He turned to the apparition, "Can you feel your body's pain while being all ghosty? Cause getting all that tape off is gonna hurt."
« Last Edit: <01-20-13/2319:05> by Necrogigas »

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-20-13/2228:50> »
"That won't change any when she's in her body, so best to just get it over with."Fionn set about removing the tape and gauze, nodding at the offer of the rock and setting it aside.. "So, birthday suits at dawn, no indication of where we are, no sign of civilization, odds on some serious predator around here, and a mountain we have to get down with absolutely no equipment.  And come nightfall, we probably freeze.  Other than the obvious problems of a ginger entirely exposed to direct sun all day, I miss any of our many problems?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-20-13/2240:17> »
As Sam slowly regained consciousness, he became aware of a few things. First, he was naked; not very strange, but somewhat unusual. Second...he had his arms around someone. Fine so far. And she was female, slim, and naked as well; even better. He couldn't remember who she was, or how he'd ended up like this, but he wasn't about to start complaining about that. Probably drank too much at the club...hrm...which club was it? He couldn't remember that, either. Definitely must've drunk too much, he thought to himself. Still, shouldn't pass up an opportunity... As he tried to move his arm to caress his companion, he realized that his arms were tied behind her. What the...? I'm sure I would've remembered picking up someone who was into S&M...something's not right here... Waking up a bit more, he realized that he could hear other people talking and...birdsong? What the hell is going on here? Where am I?

Blinking his eyes open, he looked around, taking in the meadow, the mountains, the people lying down and the two standing near him, and his companion. Not bad, for an ork. Maybe under better circumstances... Sensing her movement as she started to wake up, he cleared his throat. "Good morning, beautiful. Did you sleep well?"
« Last Edit: <01-20-13/2333:14> by Thvor »
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-20-13/2351:57> »
"Either you remember more than we do, or you are one courageous opportunist.  Here, let's get you untied before she wakes up and this gets worse..."  Fionn finished with the tape and gauze and moved to free the now awake human.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <01-21-13/0016:42> »
Sam turned his head towards the speaker. An elf. Natural red-head, too. Hoping the ork wouldn't understand, he decided to go with Sperethiel. "Don't remember a damn thing, but you should always be gentle if you wake up to a strange woman, don't you think? Either we had a good time, in which case I want her happy, or we haven't yet, in which case..." As best he could, he shrugged. "Regardless, I definitely don't want her angry."

As the elf started working on his bonds, he said in English, "Careful with that rock, chummer. Doesn't look like we've got medical services near by, and I really don't want to bleed out on some random mountainside."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-21-13/0032:09> »
May as well take the cue

Hearing Sperethiel reminded Fionn a bit of home, calming his nerves for a moment while he worked. "Suppose that's a wise choice.  We're all in this together I guess, best try to get on well."

Switching back to English, so that the other two would understand the conversation, he continued.  "You're right about us being far off; I can tell that much.  Got a name there, mate?  Might get confusing to try to nickname each other off of metatype, hair color, or birthmarks."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <01-21-13/0036:40> »
A pleasant warmth was surrounding the oriental-looking ork woman. A feeling of serenity overcame her. Something about the way the sunlight was covering her body felt comfortable. A bit too comfortable. She realised she wasn't in her room. Then someone close to her, too close to her, started talking. "Good morning, beautiful. Did you sleep well?"

She opened her eyes in an instant. She saw a human male, someone she didn't remember ever seeing before, a few inches away from her face. Instinctively, she tried to push the man away from her, just to find out she was bound and couldn't seem to get away from him.

Her first thought was that she had somehow been sold in the flesh trade. She had regularly worked with other women that had, but she had never been on the receiving end of it. And she wasn't about to start today. She tried to get away from the man in many different ways, but to no avail.

She then realised they weren't alone, and that a second man was behind the first one. She started calmly saying "I have no idea who you are and I don't care. I can tell you, however, you are not in the position you thought you were, nor in a position you want to be in. If you set me free now, I promise not to turn your friend here into a bloody mess. This offer expires in 10 seconds."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <01-21-13/0047:36> »
   O'Connor was bemused by the fact the two men where switching between languages, then he got paranoid. He decided to let the matter slide for the time being though, there was enough to worry about at the moment. He turned to look at the commotion the ork woman was causing as he continued freeing the mage. He started laughing, "It was only a matter of time until one of us woke up angry instead of confused. I feel sorry for the poor bastard tied to her. Hey Red, you got things covered over there?"
« Last Edit: <01-21-13/0344:43> by Necrogigas »

Characters