NEWS

[OOC] Missions 2 - Tunnel Vision

• 1352 Replies

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #30 on: <12-12-11/1859:27> »
Larz. Go ahead  with the spell.  Try not stick too much to increased init - may develop addiction. And just. Like being on drugs can lead to fatal body damage. 

Then I probably wait until Lips encounters some realy danger and until I have a better feeling how  good/bad Lips is in combat.
I think it's ok to have them active while in mission, but in downtime deactivate them.
but the GM can decide it
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #31 on: <12-13-11/0453:25> »
Which one of you lives in Pueblo?

I've been living a dream where all of you had your places in Pueblo sector. I've even checked the previous posts (and it seems that we moved Lunar Ncoturne to the Pueblo sector). Somehow, you do not. It seems, that only Omar and Mouse, would have been living there.

Whatever, I don't want to fight that. Please update your cards and note specifically in which sector you live, it would help if you could actually mark the spot of you homes on google maps for future reference.

Sichr, Snake, waiting for your initial posts before moving on.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #32 on: <12-13-11/0523:33> »

Whatever, I don't want to fight that. Please update your cards and note specifically in which sector you live, it would help if you could actually mark the spot of you homes on google maps for future reference.

I haven't really thought about it, but consider Fractal's appartment is near the S Vine Street with E Harvard Avenue (Harvin Appartments, E. Harvard Ave., 2101,Denver; they even accept cats!).
« Last Edit: <12-13-11/0837:24> by Netzgeist »

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <12-13-11/0626:16> »

I haven't really thought about it, but consider Fractal's appartment is near the S Vine Street with E Harvard Avenue (Harvin Appartments, E. Harvard Ave., 2101,Denver; they even accept cats!).

ok, so you're here in CAS

actually you're within walking distance to the place of the run.(30 minutes walk or 10 minutes by cab)

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <12-13-11/0705:22> »
Since we still don't have a description of your network.  This at least for now doesn't apply to Lips. Check if the following description is apropriate. Comments welcome. I'll be editing this post on changes for future referal. We don't want to make it super-real. I hope I've made it simple and secure enough.

Master node for all of your communication is Omar's commlink. The communication is encrypted. Keys for communication encryptions are automatically changed every day (every ten minutes during run). I assume that the encryption rating for the communication is Omar's encryption program rating.

All of your links are slaved to the Omar's link. This provide you +2 to firewall on direct hacking attempts, but also provide Omar with security access to your links and peripherals. All of you have at least user credentials to the Omar's commlink stored on your links to be able to access your own links. If Omar is out of reach (eg. when his commlink is turned off, your commlinks automaticaly turn into independent mode ie. they are not slaved to his node, but automaticaly reslave when he gets in range).

Omar's link node is encrypted and datamined on access. All of you know the databomb password. He has strong encryption with a 6 hours interval on decrypt. The encryption code for that is changed on a weekly basis.

If you do have a encrypt program and it is running your own node your own node is also encrypted strongly (6 hrs interval) encryption codes are shared within the network. (ie. unencrypted nodes have encryption code for Omar's link to allow access). You may also encrypt your access log - note this require dedicated encrypt program instance to do so.

All of you maintain personas in Omar link, both for encryption of internal communication and to automate encryption sharing tasks (Omar, make sure you have enough persona limit capacity)

your peripherals, are DNI controlled, but all cyberware, AR googles, AR lenses, AR gloves, and controllable but non-sklinlinked pieces of equipment are having signal 0 for maintenance. Which means, they are accessible once your commlink is hacked. They can also be hacked if the intruder succesfully connect mutual signal range of 3 meters (with +2 modifier for being slaved to the commlink, note this modifier isn't cumulative with the master network layer).

Please note on your cards signal ratings of your drones/vehicles.

Make sure you note (by putting a loaded/run comment on your runner cards) programs that are being used on a normal basis. Note the capacity and used capacity of the commlink. Make sure, you do not have any program exceeding response or system attribute of your commlink if they do reduce them to that value. If there is overloading of the programs number, note effective Response.

On request, all nodes, may be datamined by Omar. What is the result of datamine. Note, that datamined entry on routine access, can be dangerous, particulary during stressfull/confusive situation. Had you happen to relog to your node during dumpshock, under the effects of drugs or mind confusing spells I may request a memory check Logic + Logic (1) with modifiers apropriate to situation. Failure means accidental tripping of the datamine.

I'd need a status of your nodes, whether they are encrypted w/rating and or datamined on entry w/rating and additional effect. Make sure to note that on your cards.

All of your links are running a resident Analyze program (if you have any) to support Firewall during hacking attempts. Since you don't own any ICs the ARC in your node is to issue alert and scramble Omar and Mouse into the alerted node. If possible all identified hacking attempts trigger restricted alert against the intruder. if neither Omar not Mouse scrambled in the fallback action is to cut the connection of the intruder.

Denver Missions
running 13

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #35 on: <12-13-11/0744:27> »
Im thinking about using standard Cluster format from Unwired for description, just need to get to it and that would be possible much later today...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <12-13-11/0750:27> »
One more thing: if your node uses Strong encryption, it has to be decrypted prior to hacking attempt. Standard procedure is to reboot commlink at least once per hour, so every Probing or Decryption attempts has to be restarted.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-13-11/0808:10> »
One more thing: if your node uses Strong encryption, it has to be decrypted prior to hacking attempt. Standard procedure is to reboot commlink at least once per hour, so every Probing or Decryption attempts has to be restarted.

I'm not sure, probing means trying to run different traces of known exploits and you go by the list of them. restarting (unless its restart to patch) doesn't mean you need to start over. Same for decryption. You gather signal/response and initiate decryption on your own commlink.

You need to decrypt prior to probe. And decryption can be broken by changing keys only.

The problem remaining is the keys distribution. The safest is the physical distribution, but that's not always possible.
From the top of the head I devised two potential attack routes on routine keys exchange over wireless.
1. crack the encryption of signal 2. wait for new encryption codes transfer and after reboot 3.  node encryption change to the known key
1. change the node encryption code, 2. instantiate encrypted channel. 3. send new code - if the transmission of codes is saved, then 4. encryption of the transmission is broken withing few combat turns 5. node encryption keys are retrieved from saved transmission.

also routing reboots means, that every hour you lost several combat turns of connection between links which opens a window of opportunity (slaved nodes are disconnected, no +2 bonus) and need to logon, reload programs and necessity to walk carefully over datamine - all very easy, but if it happen in combat or during road race on the streets this can be disastrous. on routine reboot you could be gracefully logged off, to avoid dumpshock.

Denver Missions
running 13

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <12-13-11/0843:25> »

ok, so you're here in CAS

actually you're within walking distance to the place of the run.(30 minutes walk or 10 minutes by cab)

Actually, this links leads me to the Lunar Nocturne location, Sam's place; I've  updated my previous post showing where it should be; but you are right, walking distance. I just don't know how to activate the sectors overlay like you were using to the map (I'm really bad at using Google Maps).

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <12-13-11/0912:13> »
Quote from: ooc
An astral scope of the runner team reveal to Lips that three of the runners are modified, the last one that isn't is a boy no trace of cyber in him. None of them are awakened. Their aura vary. An elf, isn't having aura of a typical metahuman, 'changed' or 'multiple personalities squized into single frame'  would be perhaps the best description. Confidence, pride are most dominant virtues. The driver is going on the last drops of the soul energy, more a machine than a men his soul torned between hatred, revenge and fury with some almost nonexistant sparks of compulsion and kindness). A human under layers of armor, cyberware is worn out to the point of sleeping awake, with a lot of yellow and green threads in the aura, that were responsible for ideals, passion. The boy is a mixture of surprisingly mature and cunning feelings.

On the other side, radar sight reveal to you that you new mage isn't sporting any cyber but he does have a gun and commlink. Fast matrix analysis tells you he is also having wifi enabled glasses and earbuds. The link is by the responses and AR sculpture is a off-the shelf unencrypted  Emperor riding on Ichi.

Sent, I really liked the astral description of the team. Really nice.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #40 on: <12-13-11/0948:59> »
Cool first post Sent.
And I like how you made Sam a Radar-addict  ;D
Does Omar have less essence then Sam?  ???
When at a pc will post IC.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <12-13-11/0952:20> »
Cool first post Sent.
Does Omar have less essence then Sam?  ???

indeed

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <12-13-11/1104:48> »
These exploits do not remain
forever, and can be removed if found by the node’s security or if the
node is rebooted. As long as it remains in the node, you may use a Log
On action to use your hacked account.

you were right, rebooting is not affecting the process of probing, well results are in wain after max 1 hour, if target follows the security procedure. Imo even probing would be forced to begin again, because those cracks in firewall, that are repaired by reboot, dissapears in both options:
You are in the process of probing
You had sucessfully probed target and found exploit you can use.
once they are gone you have to start again.

Well this is just a theory :)

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <12-13-11/1143:37> »
Well this is just a theory :)
Theorizing further - exploit do not disappear automagically. They disappear as a result of patching known exploits. Every second links are hacked by the thousands. security incidents are raised. exploits are found and corrected. reboot on itself does not remove them, they are removed by the applying a patches or by fetching them from the software developer node or coding them by yourself.

We might agree however that a reboot immediately followed by automatic update/patching process should break the probing process.

Denver Missions
running 13

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <12-13-11/1203:14> »
and further:
Maybe those cracks in firewall are not flaws inherited to the program itself, but caused by interacting with megatons of spam in every single moment, also retranlating wirelss signal as a part of mesh network makes it difficult for Firewall to keep the same effectivity when operating non-stop. So rebooting causes reloading flawless version, that didnt suffered erosion in constant wifi hum. And thus those flaws and cracks that are used for exploit are removed by this restart.