NEWS

The Found Arcana OOC

• 286 Replies

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #105 on: <09-06-18/1344:10> »
Ah!  Forgot about the astral scouting!  I'll get that up during my next break.

The halloweener working on the bike is alone - for now.  People reqularly step in and out of the lot - making a move would be risky and require good timing, but there are times, usually spanning a few minutes where one of the them is alone.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #106 on: <09-06-18/1402:35> »
Ah!  Forgot about the astral scouting!  I'll get that up during my next break.

The halloweener working on the bike is alone - for now.  People reqularly step in and out of the lot - making a move would be risky and require good timing, but there are times, usually spanning a few minutes where one of the them is alone.

Would it be possible to cut off at the second 'conditional' with him seeing Mato on the roof?  Rather than slide into the building on his own at that point, I'd prefer to have him coordinate with Mato (spotting for him)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <09-06-18/1419:03> »
Hmm. If he's alone, I suppose Mato could act fast. Jump off the roof, land on him, taze him with ye olde shock hand. Cyberspur the chain link fence, step through, and off we go. Stuffing him into the car might be the hardest part to accomplish inconspicuously.

Or I suppose I could pepper punch the back door and drag him to the road to the north to meet the car.

Or we could just remain in wait-and-listen mode. Sounds like the kid might be nearby, perhaps under the guard of a hell hound. @Beta Is Jawsey up for a little astral combat with a hell hound?

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #108 on: <09-06-18/1431:10> »
Looks like I was writing as you were.  Yeah, just ignore the part about heading inside the bar.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #109 on: <09-06-18/1502:18> »
Looks like I was writing as you were.  Yeah, just ignore the part about heading inside the bar.

I'll go with what you wrote, and I can have him see Mato after coming out of the bar.  I'll work on an IC (may not be until this evening, but will try to do sooner)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <09-06-18/2114:03> »
IC is up. It assumes that Mato doesn't know what Jawsey has been assensing (because there's no line of communication between the two) and that he hasn't been filled in about the results of AM's hacking. I'll be fine if someone belays him. When Jawsey gets back to the car we can probably put 2-and-2 together and figure the kid is near the dual-natured creature that's patrolling the tenement, but that's outside of Mato's understanding right now.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #111 on: <09-06-18/2203:10> »
Finally got my IC up -- and who says we don't have means of communication?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <09-07-18/0122:03> »
Well I wasn't expecting you to pop up to the roof.

@Jack
You want to change forms and go seduce a guard dog?! The hound is probably in the heat, hurr hurr hurr.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <09-07-18/0127:38> »
I just wrote up a reply before you beat me to it, now I have to can it and rewrite - but before that I have to go to work. Read you all in 12 hours  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <09-07-18/0358:17> »
Fun reading so far, great posts guys.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #115 on: <09-07-18/0949:27> »
Just in case it was missed, there are several cameras in the tenement building, and two of them are slaved to the host of the Stuffer Shack

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #116 on: <09-07-18/1013:16> »
In case anyone else is looking to re-read the GMs descriptions of the neighbourhood, posts 65-67 on page 5 of the IC thread.  (Sadly we can't seem to link directly to individual posts, so I can't just drop a link).

I've got an addictions question (because I've never really used it before, and I don't have my rules book at hand).  Jawsey has a low level Psyche addiction.  Astral combat is an excellent excuse for using (it gives him +2 dodge and +2 init), and he has a couple of doses on hand.  I may choose to have him use, but for the sake of argument say that he wanted to resist temptation and save those for later.  How does that work again?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #117 on: <09-07-18/1257:48> »
@Beta
You can link to an individual post, which is hugely helpful. If you click the forum title that's in the red banner across the top of an individual post then you'll get a URL for that post. For example, if I click "Re: The Found Arcana IC" above Lorebane's reply #66 post then I get the following, which is the link to that specific post:

https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=28008.msg506199#msg506199

@GM
Can you review the above IC post? There are a couple things which seem to be contradictory:

"a single exterior elevator (of which there are five - one for each column of apartments)" - five what? a single elevator seems to make more sense in context, and for a tenement, so I'm not sure what the "five" is referring to

"along the eastern western edge of each floor" - eastern would make more sense with the map, because the fire escape is on the eastern side of the building, but western would make more sense since the elevators are described as being on the eastern side of the building

@Beta
The GM has some house rules for addiction. Probably the closest one is this:

Can't Help Yourself:  This is what we're going to use for drugs and substances that, in a relative sense, aren't too destructive.  Bliss, zen, hotsimming.  Things that are used for escapism.  For this type of addiction, your character sometimes just can't resist the urge, and they end up using on the job.  When this happens, the character has to make a Willpower+Charisma check based on their addiction's severity, and if they fail, they happen to be high at an inopportune time (under the effects of the substance).  This happens about every other play session with a mild addiction, and as often as twice per session at burnout levels.

So maybe a composure test to see how Jawsey feels about it.

@Team
Looking back through the OOC thread, I see that gilga cast Increase Intuition (at the time we were talking about it for the spirit), but I don't think we ever summoned the spirit. Beta, did you want to try the summoning or would Jawsey's comfort with the astral realm (as a Traveler in spirit, if not name) lead him to go explore on his own? Increase Intuition and Increase Logic would really flex your dodge pool.

@GM
Mato is going to observe the eastern side of the tenement to see what sort of activity there is. People milling about, etc. I can buy 4 hits with visual perception.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #118 on: <09-07-18/1321:35> »
Jawsey never summoned the spirit -- we started getting information on our own, so the need for the search function declined.  (plus I did some trial dice rolls on summoning, and realized that five dice versus three (if I wanted to oversummon a force 3 spirit so that it would have an optional power) will fail a lot, but still risks facing 6 physical drain ~4% of the time.  So I decided to hold off summoning until I was sure we needed a spirit and exactly how best to configure it.)

He probably will summon one if he's going to astraly fight the hellhound, either for sustaining astral armor, or for the friend in combat bonus.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #119 on: <09-07-18/1330:30> »
So I'll do my best to describe the elevators.  There are five doors to a floor on each side.  The western doors open onto a shared walkway that gives each floor fire escape acces.  The eastern doors open onto little "balconies" that are used to call an elevator affixed to the exterior of the building, one elevator for each vericak column of five doors.  The elevators run up and down little glass tubes on the exterior of the building.