NEWS

The Found Arcana OOC

• 286 Replies

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <09-04-18/0157:21> »
The JPEG file of the sketch I made is too large to upload.  I am officially for moving to another forum.

EDIT:  If you guys want, you can send me your emails in a PM and I can share it via google drive.  I also made a scan of the card you guys saw, because I've got a physical copy and eventually being able to actually see everything on them becomes important, so I want to get a catalogue going.
« Last Edit: <09-04-18/0200:18> by Lorebane24 »
The power of the Tri-Horse!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <09-04-18/0330:00> »
It's a digital dice roller,  just tell me how many times ;)

I think we can afford to spend a minute or two (which is like forever in the matrix).

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #92 on: <09-04-18/0359:58> »
Figured it out, I think.  This should get you the map of the area...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ss2kYFDc0QbXpcbdeTCx_5FWut7SSFNf

And this should get you the King of Blades

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1THfSzp7R1mgwtZ6HiVD1ddmfLahbLrcF

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <09-04-18/0418:10> »
I requested access to the documents, but perhaps you want to make them open for all to speed things up.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <09-04-18/0535:58> »
Thanks, working now.

I still have questions about matrix devices relevant to this encounter.
(e.g. wireless guns, comlinks, vision devices, etc.)  My character would prefer to use some hacking to either prevent them from calling for help, to distract them (e.g. the loud music idea), or outright sabotage to their guns to reduce the chance of injury.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <09-04-18/1538:59> »
Well I had a long OOC post written up with a proposed sequence of events but then Lorebane just dropped the knowledge on us ICly, so now I need to digest everything and update my plan.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <09-04-18/1732:15> »
No icons on the two guys dismantling the bike?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #98 on: <09-04-18/1740:26> »
re: the IC post about Jawsey's summoning limitations:  in this mild background he is rolling four dice, eight if he edges. 

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #99 on: <09-04-18/1816:10> »
No icons on the two guys dismantling the bike?

Ah, yes!  They both have pretty basic personas, running silent, but it's easy for you to spot them. 

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <09-04-18/1834:15> »
For the record, my original plan was extremely similar to Bobby's. I was thinking of a Matrix distraction, and I think levitating the KO'd target is less of a stretch than trying to jump 3 meters with him, but everything else was pretty much the same.

Now that we know the pavilion is populated we have to deal with that as far as additional people to distract or evade. Same with the doormen out front.

@GM
What's our starting nuyen? There's no established way to do it for shared lifestyles. I suppose we could roll 4d6 * ¥100 (as one would for a Middle lifestyle) and divide it four ways.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: <09-05-18/1732:59> »
Per the IC post, Mato is going to walk west along the northern road. It seems like that (northern) wall of the bar should be free of Halloweeners that might object to him jumping on the roof. I don't know what traffic is like, but hopefully he can find a small window to jump onto the roof relatively undetected. From there he'll sneak to the southwest corner of the roof to try to listen in on the gangers below.

Agility 10 + Gymnastics 1 + Leaping specialization 2 + Hydraulic Jacks 6: 19d6t5 3 hits

Well that was pathetic. A 1.5 meter jump. That's not going to cut it. Presuming there's nothing stopping him from trying again:

Agility 10 + Gymnastics 1 + Leaping specialization 2 + Hydraulic Jacks 6: 19d6t5 7 hits

Mato's effective limit is 6, because he's capped at jumping 1.5 * his height (which I'm estimating at 2 meters for convenience because he's an ork) = 3 meters = 6 hits when each hit is worth 0.5 meters). By literal RAW, hydraulic jacks don't add to jumping height, just distance, but I think I'll house rule that in my games in the future.

If Mato jumps 3 meters and is 2 meters tall (maybe a bit taller with his hands up to catch the ledge), is that enough to get to the roof of the bar? If not then I might need a plan B, like leaping from rooftop to rooftop, or getting levitated.

If Mato gets up to the roof, he tiptoes to the SW corner:

Agility 10 + Sneaking 5: 15d6t5 5 hits

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #102 on: <09-06-18/1234:36> »
For starting nuyen, just use the mid lifestyle option.  Also, I need yo look at hydraulic jacks more closely, but yeah, it seems they should increase lateral jumps a bit.  IC post to come.
« Last Edit: <09-06-18/1237:17> by Lorebane24 »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #103 on: <09-06-18/1315:43> »
Lorebane, thanks for the IC.

Question: the guy working on the bike isn't really alone in the parking lot, is he? He's by himself, yes, but are there still ~6 others milling about the parking lot like there were initially?

Separately, hydraulic jacks do boost lateral jumps by quite a bit (Rating * 20% increase) but not vertical jumps. Vertical jumps were the ones I think I'll house rule personally.

Starting Nuyen: 4d6 18 * 100 = ¥1,800

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #104 on: <09-06-18/1341:36> »
@Tecumseh, thanks for remembering to ask about starting nuyen, I'd meant to ask then forgotten.
@Lorebane, thanks for the generous  answer :)
  --I'd only written down the minimum roll from low lifestyle, figuring that was worst case -- this question and answer gives Jawsey an extra grand to play with.  Character write up updated on this thread and on Obsidian Portal (my back up location)

@Lorebane: presumably during his astral scouting, Jawsey can see Mato up on the roof?  I probably over-wrote my previous post, but could perhaps edit it down to seeing Mato up there and reacting to anything he does?  (I'd been trying to queue things up to reduce the slowness of back and forth, but I think I wrote too far ahead)