NEWS

The Found Arcana OOC

• 286 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <09-01-18/1734:12> »
I sure can, but AM is the better driver if she joins us. I'll let gilga decide, and will then roll or not roll as appropriate.

I'll have an IC post up shortly.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #61 on: <09-01-18/1958:47> »
Also been out and about, so looks like I'm behind on the conversation.
-  I reviewed the leashing rules and I'm fine with minor oversummoning risks.
-  background reduces sustained spell force by its amount, so if BG=2 then spirit is at -2 on rolls and and spell is reduced by force 2.
« Last Edit: <09-01-18/2001:06> by Beta »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <09-02-18/0019:14> »
 By the way... since we have one car, perhaps we want to all come?
AM would like to come, perhaps to help.

Beta, I can cast the spell at Force 5 with drain 2 so the spell is solid. (The spirit only has Intuition 3), perhaps do F6 and be on the safe side.

« Last Edit: <09-02-18/0026:32> by gilga »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <09-02-18/0142:26> »
@gilga
I'm definitely in favor of everyone coming. The Barrens is a good place for a buddy system. I didn't want to assume that anyone else would want to, but everyone is welcome.

AM is definitely the best driver, even with a modest background count. If you want to drive, please make the Pilot Ground Craft + Intuition test that the GM asked for. (I demurred on the roll, thinking that you would likely drive.)

Also, "shotgun" means you're calling the front passenger seat, not the driver's seat. The person sitting shotgun is expected to shoot while the driver drives.

@GM
Is there a background count that we should be taking into account?

As a note, Mato does have Audio Enhancement in his earbuds, but not Select Sound Filter.

@Jack
What form are your Critter Armor and Critter Goggles for? Mato would probably think to grab your armor jacket but not your critter armor. (Why is your armor jacket listed as ¥2,000? It seems like it should only be ¥1,250.)

Also, doesn't your critter armor cause encumbrance? Shapechange limits you to Body + 2 = 7, and the critter armor encumbrance limit is Body + 3 = 10.

@Beta
Nothing for you; I just didn't want you to feel left out.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <09-02-18/0145:52> »
Ah, good catch!  Yes, there is a background count of 1 here.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <09-02-18/0209:30> »
@Tecumseh

The armor is for the great cat form and there I'll just put some points into Body (or AGI to compensate)- the eagle form is currently naked.

I have to look up the armor jacket, maybe I missed copying some enhancements
« Last Edit: <09-02-18/0341:00> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <09-02-18/0334:58> »
@Tecumseh GM only wanted the roll if we are to get closer with the car, are we sure we want to so? I think that Jack wanted us to keep the car in a safe place.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <09-02-18/0344:02> »
You're the driver so the decision is yours. I'm happy either way. We have leads without driving closer, although we might approach on foot next.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <09-02-18/0403:17> »
This is about the time that I like to know how people are running their comms.  Silent, I assume?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <09-02-18/1010:43> »
I think that you can attain a sleaze property by slaving the devices to AM's deck.

Her deck is with 4 sleaze, running silent +1 from a program, and depending on the noise rating in the barrens. between 0-4 additional sleaze from smoke and mirrors.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #70 on: <09-02-18/1044:58> »
I missed the window when people were talking about coming along, so I just wrote Jawsey as being with them in the car.  He's brought along his weapons, reagents, and disguise kit, to be ready for various possibilities.

Running his link silent  (firewall+willpower =10, should he be spotted and attacked)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <09-02-18/1105:56> »
@gilga
Also, "shotgun" means you're calling the front passenger seat, not the driver's seat. The person sitting shotgun is expected to shoot while the driver drives.
I never thought about it like that! This is so SR... I thought that if cars have no drivers, a shotgun would simply mean that you want to seat in front...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <09-02-18/1359:06> »
I'm back from Ireland - and finally can post again from something other than a smartphone screen.

As for running silent: Bobby only has a micro transceiver and his goggles (with a persona mod to be able to use it as a commlink)
He'll gladly slave it to anyone better equipped to deal with the stuff. 
talk think matrix

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <09-02-18/1720:04> »
So since we may be getting into a fight soon, how do you guys want to handle combat as far as initiative and mapping goes?  I am ashamed to say I am fairly tech illiterate, but I've been wanting to try and learn some map software for this sort of thing.  Problem there is my wallet i kinda light after buying all my textbooks and a lot of them aren't cheap, so I don't want to splurge on something unless I know I'll be able to get my head around it.  I don't supposed there are any that you have typically used or might suggest?

Barring that, I can do what I do for my home games and just draw up floorplans on notebook paper with a scale indicator, then make a scan and post it here, or I guess we could try and just do everything by description.  That would be the quickest way, but also with the most room for misunderstanding.

Initiative seems like the place where things could REALLY slow down for a PbP.  I really don't want a fight with a group of gangers to last half a month, so I'm wondering if there might be a way to simplify things?  How would you guys feel about an AD&D style thing on a per-pass basis?  Basically, rather than acting one at a time, everyone posts the action they intend to take, along with relevant rolls, then after everyone has posted I'll integrate that with what actions the mooks are going to take and everything will play out in a single post (in relevant initiative order) before we move on to the next pass.  It's concievable that there could be situations in which the actions someone was plannig to take here becomes nonviable (the guy you were going to shoot was dead), and it does add a little more chaos since you declare actions before you see the results of the actions of those higher in the initiative order, but that might lead to some interesting shit happening.  Thoughts?

I guess since we're a couple pages in, it would be a good time to gather thoughts on the game so far.  Anything that seems to be missing?  Anything that needs work?  Anything you'd like to see get more of a focus?  I know it's kinda early game-wise, but RL wise it's been about two weeks (I think), and I like to do lil check ins periodically.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <09-02-18/1727:35> »
So since we may be getting into a fight soon, how do you guys want to handle combat as far as initiative and mapping goes?  I am ashamed to say I am fairly tech illiterate, but I've been wanting to try and learn some map software for this sort of thing.  Problem there is my wallet i kinda light after buying all my textbooks and a lot of them aren't cheap, so I don't want to splurge on something unless I know I'll be able to get my head around it.  I don't supposed there are any that you have typically used or might suggest?

Barring that, I can do what I do for my home games and just draw up floorplans on notebook paper with a scale indicator, then make a scan and post it here, or I guess we could try and just do everything by description.  That would be the quickest way, but also with the most room for misunderstanding.

Initiative seems like the place where things could REALLY slow down for a PbP.  I really don't want a fight with a group of gangers to last half a month, so I'm wondering if there might be a way to simplify things?  How would you guys feel about an AD&D style thing on a per-pass basis?  Basically, rather than acting one at a time, everyone posts the action they intend to take, along with relevant rolls, then after everyone has posted I'll integrate that with what actions the mooks are going to take and everything will play out in a single post (in relevant initiative order) before we move on to the next pass.  It's concievable that there could be situations in which the actions someone was plannig to take here becomes nonviable (the guy you were going to shoot was dead), and it does add a little more chaos since you declare actions before you see the results of the actions of those higher in the initiative order, but that might lead to some interesting shit happening.  Thoughts?

I guess since we're a couple pages in, it would be a good time to gather thoughts on the game so far.  Anything that seems to be missing?  Anything that needs work?  Anything you'd like to see get more of a focus?  I know it's kinda early game-wise, but RL wise it's been about two weeks (I think), and I like to do lil check ins periodically.

@Floorplan
A simple sketch uploaded to a foto hoster should be enough. Custom Google Maps (my maps) are also a great way to create a realistic battlemap with little effort

@Ini
Keep your goons on the same ini and it's really no big deal.
We just have to make sure to post our actions in a clear and understandable way:

Ini 22
Free Action: Run
Complex Action: Charge at Ganger 1
Attack roll
If I get attacked: Defense Roll

Another tried and tested way is for you to give us information on the dicepools of our opponents. That way we can incorporate the reaction rolls in our own posts. That tends to speed things up a lot. Add to that simple rules on what goons would do (shoot at the nearest, most obvious target and seek cover when they are attacked).

@What's missing
Nothing so far. Adding google maps references would be icing on the cake, but otherwise I'm pretty happy so far.
talk think matrix