NEWS

The Found Arcana OOC

  • 286 Replies
  • 26281 Views

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3926
« Reply #120 on: <09-07-18/1338:14> »
@Beta
Summoning will be a chore unless you use Edge. You'll be subject to the -1 modifier from the background count, which makes it even harder.

After it is summoned, the spirit will be subject to the background count which will limit its effectiveness. It will probably only manage 1 hit on Astral Armor. It's probably better for the friend in combat bonus, as you say.

@GM
Cool, thanks.

Lorebane24

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 461
« Reply #121 on: <09-07-18/1350:38> »
Beta  Can you amke a perceptio  test (or whatever would be used for perception in the astral?  Threshold 3.  Anyone tracking Jawsey's  movements can make one as well, but at threshold 5.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1886
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #122 on: <09-07-18/1408:12> »
11 dice in asensing pool, -1 for background = 10.  But note that when it comes to aura reading he gets +2 dice.

asensing: 10d6t5 4
+2 if aura reading: 2d6t5 1

So four or five hits, depending if general looking around or reading auras.
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #123 on: <09-07-18/1429:36> »
Just in case it was missed, there are several cameras in the tenement building, and two of them are slaved to the host of the Stuffer Shack

How difficult would it be to sneak up for a direct connection to one of these cameras?

Lorebane24

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 461
« Reply #124 on: <09-07-18/1434:18> »
It looks like one of the slaved cameras is inside the room where with the hellhoud, and the other is just outside the western door (looking onto the shared walkway) door for the same apartment.  You might be able to get to it without camera without appearing on it if you can get in place to shimmy along the walkway, but you would certainly be seen by some of the residents hanging out there.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3926
« Reply #125 on: <09-07-18/1457:46> »
Cool, thanks for all the posts.

Is the floor plan (that you can't upload at work) for the apartment in question? I'm hoping Jawsey could pencil something out based on his recon.

Given his good rolls, does Jawsey have a sense about the nature of the cats? Are they astral entities, or dual-natured?

I'll hold off on additional IC posts for now until Jawsey gets back to his body to report to the group and/or Jack gets a chance to chime in.

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1886
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #126 on: <09-07-18/1531:32> »
@Lorebane: I hate to complain about being given information, but I think you might be being a bit generous in what info Jawsey can get from asensing.  Everything non-living is dull shadows, making it hard to pick up details.  So I don't know that he'd get a good view on whether the humanoid aura was tied or chained, for instance.

And now that I think about it .... windows are opaque to asensing (easy to pass through, but since asensing isn't sight per se, windows are just more dull, shadowy, material blocking the view of auras on the other side).  Too late now, but he probably shouldn't have seen that aura at all, without poking his astral head into the apartment in question.  (I'd forgotten about that now).  I guess the window could have been open, but that seems a bit unlikely with a hell hound inside?

@team: maybe we should check on the inside of stuffer shack, to see who is watching the cameras?  Perhaps they could be distracted or taken out more easily than the cameras could be disabled?  At the least we'd know more about the competition.
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

Lorebane24

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 461
« Reply #127 on: <09-07-18/1543:51> »
Thanks for the heads up!  I wasnt aware of the thing windows (none of the apartments have windows, tho), but I will be mindful 9f that in the future.

I HAVE been a lil free with info because its a pbp so I try to be upfront with details I think your are likely to want to look into if buyi g successes in a relevant check would yield some results for you, but as for the cats, they're a thing, and I was trying to run with what I read in the sourcebook.  I looked over Jawsey's knowledge skills but I dont see anythig that would help him identify them
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3926
« Reply #128 on: <09-07-18/1602:38> »
Honestly, I'm loving the pace. Momentum is so critical for PbP, especially if it's intended to be an extended campaign instead of a one-shot game.

PbP is always a balance between how much to share up-front vs. what you want the players to work for. There's probably a broad range of right answers, depending on the participants. I think the current approach, which presumes a certain level of competence via buying hits and assuming the players take logic actions, makes sense given that we're seasoned players and this mission is intended to be one of many.


gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #129 on: <09-07-18/1605:04> »
I was thinking that the Nova Rich can be manipulated into being out distraction... they were humiliated and stuff...

but perhaps we can do the rescue with/without them.
1. Jawsei Knocks the hellhound with astral combat (not visible on cameras).
2. He manifests and guides the kid to open the window, and asks him to accept magic.
3. We get him out of the window, (or perhaps Bobby turns him into an animal).
4. We meet the kid under the building and hurry him into the car, stash him in the smuggling compartment and leave the scene.


How about that? I'd say if we can loop the camera in the boy's room it would buy us some time.
Another thing is to have the Nova Rich bike down by the building - and perhaps making some mayhem.
Less attention to us...

 Perhaps we can also get one of us to the forth floor physically, just in case the kid is not cooperative.


« Last Edit: <09-07-18/1608:23> by gilga »

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3926
« Reply #130 on: <09-07-18/1614:26> »
I have lots of ideas, but I want to see a floor plan first. There are lots of ways to deal with the hell hound.

The Nova Rich might not care, given that that another member chewed out the kid (Brian/Yin) and said, Get fragged, you faithless slot.  Hope they jack your wheels and chop it for parts.

Shapechange requires a voluntary subject. Given the target's emotional state, that might not be a given.

Per the GM, there are no windows, just the doors to the west and to the east.

I'm not opposed to chucking him off the balcony and catching him with magic.

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #131 on: <09-07-18/1637:52> »
Or Mato can just lift and run with him... He has like 10 agility + Skimmers... He is REALLY fast if he gets to the fire escape and just runs down the stairs.  I am talking 80 meters in 3 seconds...  This is 96 Km/h - almost like a car, but much more maneuverable.  It might be much faster than levitation...

 


Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1886
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #132 on: <09-07-18/1641:05> »
That would be much faster!  Would still be noticed, but that is OK, so long as we go fast enough.

I forget who our driver is?  Have to make sure that they are not committed to anything else.
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #133 on: <09-07-18/1649:32> »
We have two equally skilled drivers (give or take).
AM with 12 dice, and Mato with 11.   I was kind of hoping to keep AM in the car as she only needs line of sight for magic. Not locked to that idea - if we need her elsewhere.
We have Jawsei in astral, Mato by Skimmers and Bobbie (by shape change?) that can be physically present and super manuverable. AM as backup/watching over Jawsei's body.



 

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3926
« Reply #134 on: <09-07-18/1655:26> »
Sadly, skimmers explicitly preclude me from carrying him: "they’re unusable if the user attempts to carry any significant extra weight."

Whether that applies to hydraulic jacks and making a superhero landing is another question. It gets into the physics of "how does this fictional world work? how exactly does that energy transfer play out?" Still, I'm guessing that doubling my weight is probably a bad idea for hitting the ground at, what, 55kph from the fourth floor.

Or Bobby turns into a giant bird instead of a small bird and carries him off, Gandalf-style.

I think the floor plan will help inform our decision.

It makes much more sense for AM to drive and maintain LOS while Mato helps with the physical aspect of the B&E and extraction.