NEWS

bnc's basement

• 130 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #105 on: <09-20-18/1519:59> »
While they're dressing, bnc casts a look every now and then, a look filled with both contempt and admiration, maybe even envy. She refrains from commenting, however.

When Anna asks bnc about the "spider thing", bnc knows better than actually trying to explain what it is. She just skips the answer and ... skips the next one, too, as the only answer to that question could be to shove a hot iron into her face. If Anna waits expactantly, bnc cocks an eyebrow, meaning something like: 'you don't actually expect me to comment on your looks, do you?'

Anna does, however, catch bnc's attention when she casts the ring to her. "I ... I think I do. I just can't put my finger on it. What's that?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <09-20-18/1621:54> »
Anna is a bit disappointed when bnc does not comment on her look she thought "Would it kill her to act like a normal person? Or perhaps I took the sexy vampire thing too far?"

She said excitedly "A powerful health magic sustaining focus... I personally avoid external aids to magic. It feels like a shortcut to me. I guess there is no harm if I use it for you, the thing is so powerful that I only recently managed to attune it. It was not easy, I had to open myself for more mana than I ever could channel before. It is a strange experience... "

She tried to focus and said "I promised that I'll find a way to augment you long-term, make you beautiful or whatever you truly desire. This is the real deal, I can cast a spell and sustain it indefinitely through this device.  What if you could be super attractive all the time rather than just for a few hours? Or if I sharpen your senses, or... You get the picture. Professionally speaking,  considering you'll be piloting James - the spell would not even be very visible."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #107 on: <09-21-18/1226:07> »
bnc gawks, stunned.
"You ... you must be kidding!"
She reaches for Anna's hand, squeezes it, then suddenly turns to sit in a chair, as if feeling dizzy.
"Why? Just ... why?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <09-21-18/1513:04> »
Anna looked at bnc in the eyes "I did come with you to Munich in the winter, and I could have gone somewhere with palm trees and golden beaches" She paused and grinned as if imagining the scene. Then she continued "I like you so I wanted to give you something special. You showed a genuine desire to explore these possibilities, and I want you to be happy, so I made an effort."
« Last Edit: <09-21-18/1521:38> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #109 on: <09-23-18/1332:37> »
"But ... but why? It's not like I have been actually nice to you."
bnc is absolutely off-balance.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <09-23-18/1452:57> »
Anna cast the improve charisma spell on herself, magically augmenting herself into breathtaking levels. Anna was already head-turning without the spell, but its subtle effects made her presence somewhat awe-inspiring. The casting only took a moment and was done with a small hand gesture.

She approached bnc, and said softly "There is fire between us, I don't get it with most people."  She took the ring and suggested "Now shall I put this ring to good use? Give me your hand."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #111 on: <09-24-18/1620:18> »
bnc is astonished, and on the verge of breaking into tears.
"But ... I ... I never treated you this way. How ... jeez, would you turn off that spell for a second. It's a real mind-fuck. I don't know what is you and what is your spell anymore."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <09-24-18/1846:42> »
Anna replied "If you insist..." she dropped the spell, and then asked "What is the matter bnc, is there something you want to tell me? I hoped you'll be happier."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #113 on: <09-28-18/0843:27> »
"I ... I am. This is a dream. I'm just overwhelmed, and I ... I have been such an asshole, and you keep doing stuff like this ... same with Krestov. Why ... Why do people react like this? I mean, any sane person would protect themselves from me. I ... you heard that Kayuza, or whatever his fragging name was. I'm an abuser. He's right. I am.
How can you want to make me happy?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <09-28-18/1557:43> »
She shrugged "Let's keep a few things clear bnc, yes you are sometimes an asshole, and you often behave poorly. I am a very stable person. Part of it is how I grew up, and another part is a discipline I learn as I become more proficient with building complex mental structures to cast spells.  The only time when you really got to me is when you called me a whore, try not to do it. Sexuality is delicate for me, despite what you imagine about me. So you misbehave but it is difficult to offend me with random insults. As you pointed out, this behavior is more about you and how messed up your emotions are than it is about me.

I started this new life, and we earned like crazy money together. I am not going back to renting my spells for pocket money. This is an exciting and intense job and I feel like I need someone that I can share it with and talk freely to.I do not feel like I formed any real connection with the other runners in our previous team. So I want you to be there for me and listen, I want someone to really talk with and share experiences with. I think that you need the same thing, but I won't presume to understand you.  You have so many emotions, and they often manifest unexpectedly.

In any case, regardless of all the rationalizations. It is fun to have you passionate about something that I can relate to. "

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #115 on: <10-17-18/1357:30> »
bnc stands, blinking away a tear that finds its way down her cheek. It's easy to tell that she's touched, not sad. Overwhelmed, maybe frustrated at her incapability of understanding what's going on, but in her eyes there is this glimmer you can only find in happy children on Christmas Eve, or old man who reunite with a loved person after a long time. A glimmer Anna is sure that bnc had lost for many, many, many years.
She takes Anna's hand and pushes her fingers between hers, then pulls herself close to Anna. She lifts her head a bit, then, for a split-second, bites her lower lip in what Anna has learned a very bnc-ish fashion before she gives Anna a very soft, yet entended kiss. A single tear rolls down her other eye and wets Anna's cheek.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <10-17-18/1702:05> »
Anna is surprised by bnc's response as she felt that the young decker was uninterested before. Perhaps not contacting her for a month was a razor sharp way to declare the nature of their relationship... and Anna did have a boyfriend. Yet, despite it she finds herself receptive to the gesture. She holds bnc's hand and returns her kiss. Anna closes her eyes to focus on the expirience, and seem somewhat uncharceristically peaceful. She does not want the expirience to end.

"So weak... You have a boyfriend" a thought, she shakes it off, and then she notices the tear on her check.

"I usually don't make her wet in this particular manner, perhaps she is for real?"

When she opens her eyes she seems happy, or happier "Where did THAT come from?"... she asks in amazement.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <10-18-18/0134:09> »
"I don't know..." she responds, smiling a warm smile, not so much tainted but completed by the trails of tears that run through her make-up. She slowly withdraws and shrugs slightly. Already, her bnc facade is building up again. "Guess I just wanted to say thank you"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <10-18-18/0516:11> »
Anna grins "You should thank me more often... It feels nice." She is silent and then says "Let's fix your makeup and put this ring to good use, shall we?"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #119 on: <10-18-18/1228:49> »
She smiles, slowly regaining both composure and an awareness of how she must appear.
"Yeah ... let's do that. Oh, my ... I'm ... sorry?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"