NEWS

Date Night ( OOC )

• 558 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #540 on: <06-23-16/1219:32> »
I did not mean for them to raise alarms at the time. Marco has every right to be a bit off - after all he was going to Poland to commit a major atrocity he was not planning to go back. Getting rid of the furniture (or showering a bit less, and dressing sloppy) should not raise suicide signs but in retrospec it should.

I am kind of limited in time - but let's play his gradual decent in DN.
« Last Edit: <06-23-16/1223:35> by gilga »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #541 on: <06-23-16/1223:05> »
It looked like you were trying to make us think you died.  Was that the intent?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #542 on: <06-23-16/1310:51> »
With Marco breaking up with Yelena, faking his own death and moving to the least likely place for him to stay, he hopes to evade the watchful eye of the Vatican.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #543 on: <06-24-16/0317:47> »
Daaaaaaaamn you two.  Gil, now I'm seeing a believeable set up for a suicide.   If Marco acted all the ways you described after realizing what Yelena's aura seemed, then broke up with her, that makes the described behavior believable.  If he wasn't going to Poland as a result, I could see Jed not getting involved, and not seeing a suicide coming. 

Before it was more of an issue to me seeing a sudden downspiral and not trying to figure out why.  Giving someone space after a break up is more believable though. 

Marco just put the entire country of Poland at risk.   hahahaha.  Yelena is going to reach new heights of murder-ness now.  Or maybe not.  But now she'll be dead inside. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #544 on: <06-24-16/0345:51> »
Perhaps it is time Yelena gives herself completely to the Shadow.  Without knowing what is going on, there is a good chance that she will dead inside, as you say.  At least dead in the normal way.  But she will be seeking a greater bond with the Shadow, a different sort of life.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #545 on: <06-24-16/0347:19> »
The stuff from which true monsters are made...

This will be interesting.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #546 on: <06-24-16/0355:28> »
Maybe someone can save her from herself.  She thought it might have been Marco, but could not control his feelings of disgust and that is not going to help.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #547 on: <06-24-16/0359:12> »
Jed is a little more pragmatic, having been around for a long time.  But he also isn't inclined to be romantically involved, more of a brother vibe...

Jed will be there, but they aren't as connected.  I see Arc as her last tether to humanity, with Jed providing the assist.  There is love between the two girls, even though not romantic.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #548 on: <06-24-16/0526:12> »
I see that as temporary, as Marco will learn to turn astral perception on and off at will in the next chapter.  I know that Yelena might not allow herself to love him in the next chapter but we already know it is a ruse. If any it might give Firefly and Marco some common experience, as both of them did the radical step of faking their own death.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #549 on: <06-24-16/0534:25> »
Hehehehehe.  You are married.  You let disgust show on your face and fail to look your wife in the eye and see how temporary it is my friend.   :o

Seriously, it would be like a blind person expressing love for a woman disfigured by burns.  Suddenly you can see them for the first time, and you can't hide the disgust and revulsion, can't even bear to look at her.  She's used to people staring, but she let you past that calloused part of her to the part of her that is vulnerable, her reaction to that wouldn't be temporary. 

Then you let her think you died.  When you show back up, it will be interesting for sure. 

Not questioning the direction of your RP.  Its good stuff.  But this will change Yelena.  Maybe not destroy her, but certainly bring some permanent changes...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #550 on: <06-24-16/0544:28> »
With the way we interpreted astral perception in this game as giving insight about ones soul, that crisis I saw coming for many months now, but I completely agree that things will never be the same again.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #551 on: <06-24-16/1011:37> »
Yeah, I see Irish as being pretty much correct.  That was a great metaphor and quite appropriate.  Going to be some interesting RP ahead.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #552 on: <06-24-16/1046:03> »
FF didn't fake her own death.  Her parents arranged it all.  She was bewildered as she was hauled through the back streets to a waiting merchant ship.  She then had a month to contemplate what happened and how she'd act in Seattle during the slow, 8 knot trod across the Pacific.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #553 on: <06-24-16/1221:00> »
Well she faced the consequences of their choice nevertheless.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #554 on: <06-24-16/2321:28> »
Very true.  In the end, she's made it her own.  As George and her roomie made clear, she could (should?) have just followed the safe path her parents laid out for her.  She's the one who has taken the bull (shadow?) by the horns and set out for a wild ride.