NEWS

Essentials: What Every Runner Should Have.

• 64 Replies

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #15 on: <06-07-12/1158:55> »
Honestly, I've always been more interested in what a runner should be carrying that isn't listed in the book. There's probably tons of stuff that would be good to carry that's not on the list.

For instance, there's no listing for a multitool like a Leatherman or a Swiss Army Knife. Stuff like duct tape. That's the kind of stuff I'd like to see. I'm sure everyone here probably has one item that they think is essential that's not on the SR4 equipment lists.

Survival kit.

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #16 on: <06-07-12/1600:26> »
Duct tape. Ink Pen (doubles as a legal stabby weapon, if it has recording functions, even better). And clothes to fit any social situation

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #17 on: <06-07-12/1629:56> »
Duct tape. Ink Pen (doubles as a legal stabby weapon, if it has recording functions, even better). And clothes to fit any social situation

Ink pen?

See "modem", above.

And while I second the motion for clean socks, I find that waterproof boots and a Chem Resistant raincoat are also handy.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <06-07-12/1631:25> »
Ink Pen (doubles as a legal stabby weapon, if it has recording functions, even better).
Ink pen?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
Making a comeback because "The Matrix Never Forgets", but The Matrix never learns what's written down on a cocktail napkin or the back of someone's hand.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

_Pax_

« Reply #19 on: <06-07-12/1715:51> »
Ink Pen (doubles as a legal stabby weapon, if it has recording functions, even better).
Ink pen?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
Making a comeback because "The Matrix Never Forgets", but The Matrix never learns what's written down on a cocktail napkin or the back of someone's hand.
... unless said writing ever comes within the footprint of a camera somewhere.  Which pretty much means, "is ever exposed to daylight, starlight, or street-lights".  :D

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <06-07-12/1736:20> »
Yea but then you have to decipher it. Most people can't read their own hand scribble

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <06-07-12/1750:42> »
Ink pen?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
... unless said writing ever comes within the footprint of a camera somewhere.  Which pretty much means, "is ever exposed to daylight, starlight, or street-lights".  :D

Or "other people", given the prevalence of cybereyes and eyecams...
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #22 on: <06-07-12/1926:22> »
However, just because some text is within view of a camera does not mean that the text is legible to the camera. Combination of angle, distance, light/shadow, glare, resolution, etc. can mean that even if a note does appear on camera, you might not be able to read that note, especially if it, or the camera, is moving.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <06-08-12/1115:48> »
we are talking about 2070 cameras with improved everything...
they just released a camera that does not need to focus but can record the direction from where the light hit the camera so you can set the focus of the picture when you look at it

if you have a moving image aka video you can get so much more information... glare and angle should hardly be a problem in the 2070ies
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

qazcake

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <06-08-12/1258:46> »
A gernade gas gernade and gas mask or high quality resporater.
used for clearing out area's or to create a distraction of sorts.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #25 on: <06-08-12/1343:28> »
A nice gutter to sleep in and a bottle for company.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <06-08-12/1536:04> »
A flare gun and flour...lots and lots of flour, and a map of the targets HVAC

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <06-08-12/1544:13> »

What in blazes?  :o
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

_Pax_

« Reply #28 on: <06-08-12/1633:42> »

"Fuel / Air Explosive".

Yes, an extremely-large quantity of super-finely-milled flour DOES count.  So does coffee creamer, for that matter.  :)

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <06-08-12/1700:14> »

Look up "grain elevator explosion" if you want to see the results of the blazes. Also, the big Foxconn fire last year came from aluminum dust in the air catching fire.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015