NEWS

hits or misses in Gun Heaven 2

• 120 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <06-02-12/2219:40> »
Indeed, as there is no specific mod listed in the books, the final price depends on the player's ability to negotiate, and how much extra they're willing to pay in order to get it quick. Some things, your fixer/arms dealer/codeslinger/mechanic/whatever may have in stock. To use the firearms/ammo example, they'll likely have a healthy supply of stock weapons from pistols to assault rifles, and oodles of regular (and maybe even SnS and EXEX) on hand. You want a SPECIFIC gun, with mods? APDS ammo? Armor Piercing Flechettes? Yeah, that's when the waiting comes in.

Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

_Pax_

« Reply #16 on: <06-02-12/2234:33> »
Which is why, i fyou're going to be a mod-happy gun bunny?

Spring for the Armorer skill, and a Shop (with the Workspace quality for your lifestyle).  Just buy the basic gun(s) and the parts you need for the mods, then do the work yourself.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <06-03-12/0304:39> »
Doing the mods yourself also leaves less of a backtrail.

If you've used a firearm that has special mods on it, and there's only a limited number of experts in the field that can get that kind of firearm into the city, they're easy enough to track down.

Do the work yourself...  Well, lots of those firearms are sold all the time at Weapon's World.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

_Pax_

« Reply #18 on: <06-03-12/0624:08> »
That's why one character I have been working on (in the vain hope of finding a campaign to play in) has good Armorer skill, a Shop and Workspace, and .... Day Job.  That's right, kids, he is one of the guys you go to, to get your illegally-obtained gun illegally modified.  :)   I also plan to find a way to squeeze in two or three dozen guns and a few thousand rounds of assorted ammunition, in order to add "corner gun store" to the armorer's shop idea.  :)

Henker

• Newb
  • Mystic Adept
« Reply #19 on: <06-04-12/1612:46> »
I like the wait it is presented as ŕ catalog rather than just  a list of guns

One of my personnal favorite is the ultimax68 :)
Eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <06-04-12/1620:36> »
That's why one character I have been working on (in the vain hope of finding a campaign to play in) has good Armorer skill, a Shop and Workspace, and .... Day Job.  That's right, kids, he is one of the guys you go to, to get your illegally-obtained gun illegally modified.  :)   I also plan to find a way to squeeze in two or three dozen guns and a few thousand rounds of assorted ammunition, in order to add "corner gun store" to the armorer's shop idea.  :)

I know someone who did this back in SR3. He bought the full million in resources, but he didn't buy a single implant, instead spending it all on guns, ammunition, a hovercraft and his 'protective gear' (which was just a full FFBA and Secure Longcoat for the latter).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

_Pax_

« Reply #21 on: <06-04-12/1623:18> »
^_^  I'v eseriously considered the Nissan Coda (from SOTA 2073), as a "mobile gun shop".  To heck with food-service gear, just gimme good locks and a lot of fold-out racks.  ;D

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <06-04-12/1626:17> »
^_^  I'v eseriously considered the Nissan Coda (from SOTA 2073), as a "mobile gun shop".  To heck with food-service gear, just gimme good locks and a lot of fold-out racks.  ;D

Keep the food service gear. The locks should be there anyway and the racks will be cheap.  The propane tanks for the stove in there could make for some nice IEDs.  ::)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <06-04-12/1735:39> »
Great, "The Good Humor Ork" returns...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

_Pax_

« Reply #24 on: <06-04-12/1747:20> »
I was thinking Gnome, actually.  :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #25 on: <06-04-12/1749:07> »
Sorry, "The Good Humor Ork" was a suggestion I gave the group about a barrens-traveling Ice Cream Man (who is an ork) who sells soycream and ammunition/grenades/etc. out of his truck.

So when people heard the jingle-jangle of his truck, you'd have kids, gangers, and Shadowrunners running up to him with glints in their eyes.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <06-04-12/1755:09> »
Sorry, "The Good Humor Ork" was a suggestion I gave the group about a barrens-traveling Ice Cream Man (who is an ork) who sells soycream and ammunition/grenades/etc. out of his truck.

So when people heard the jingle-jangle of his truck, you'd have kids, gangers, and Shadowrunners running up to him with glints in their eyes.  ;D

This one reminds me of a dwarf PC who ran a hotdog stand from a game I ran once...sometimes I wish that player hadn't had to move.

_Pax_

« Reply #27 on: <06-04-12/1756:40> »
^_^

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #28 on: <06-05-12/0855:20> »
You know what I do feel sorry about a bit:

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=78

I cannot find any shotguns that are somehow radical advanced from this...THB IMo shadowrun was once SciFi/Fantasy setting...

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <06-05-12/1637:50> »
Mostly overpriced junk, like most gun collections, but there are a few useful niche guns.

The Terracotta Arms Caravan is the best sporting rifle (tied with the Terracotta Arms DLW, which does have 5 more shots but for way more money and I don't care).

The Ultimax 68 is the big brother of the Ingram Smartgun X - a Restricted Assault Rifle with a built-in sound suppressor, which is normally Forbidden.

The Onotari Arms Punisher: AR with 1 point of magical RC. Not as much as the alpha, but this is R rather than F.

Cavalier Arms Sheriff: This does do more damage than any other heavy pistol; it has an effective 6P/-3 base damage which is quite impressive. If your GM interprets the HP ammo penalty to be negatable with recoil compensation, then taking this and modding it to have more RC and be SA will get you a really good heavy pistol. If not, it’s crap. Do note that while this gun is 7R, HP ammunition is 20F.

Krime Stopper: If your GM does not buy that High Powered Ammo penalty is negated by recoil compensation, this is better than the Cavalier Arms Sheriff. Otherwise, it’s worse (because of the 2(M) clip). It’s a somewhat shaky option because the clip is so small, but it’s tied with the Hatamoto for best damage and it still has twice the Hatamoto’s clip size.