NEWS

What is the Best Revolver?

• 48 Replies

K_killn

• Newb
« on: <03-24-12/2245:36> »
I have never used a revolver in Shadowrun and was just wondering what the best revolver is. I don't have any of my books because I am doing this from my iPhone. So pretty pretty please tell, What is the best revolver in Shadowrun?

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-24-12/2308:35> »
Define best? The Cavalier Deputy does average heavy pistol damage, but fires at SA rate, which is important if you plan on shooting more than once a phase. The SS only Super Warhawk has an advantage in damage. The Colt Asp is dirt cheap, and makes a great "drop piece" for those times you need to hide something in the toilet tank of your local Italian eatery.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #2 on: <03-24-12/2354:38> »

K_killn

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-24-12/2355:11> »
Define best? The Cavalier Deputy does average heavy pistol damage, but fires at SA rate, which is important if you plan on shooting more than once a phase. The SS only Super Warhawk has an advantage in damage. The Colt Asp is dirt cheap, and makes a great "drop piece" for those times you need to hide something in the toilet tank of your local Italian eatery.

BEST = Most effective in combat situation with cost in mind

So if that Cavalier lets me get 2 shots of Damage that combined is higher than the one shot of the Warhawk its better unless the Colt does close to the same damage say 6M instead of 7M than I'll take it.

At least that's how my brain works.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-25-12/0018:29> »
Eh, the Warhawk can be modified to fire SA.

-k

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-25-12/0026:16> »

So if that Cavalier lets me get 2 shots of Damage that combined is higher than the one shot of the Warhawk its better unless the Colt does close to the same damage say 6M instead of 7M than I'll take it.

6M? 7M? I think you're stuck SR3 here.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #6 on: <03-25-12/0243:50> »

For pure damage output, get Ambidextrous for 5BP and two-fist Super Warhawks with the Expanded Cylinder mod; just throw on Personalized Grip to cover the recoil and fire both of them once per Phase.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-25-12/0245:58> »

For pure damage output, get Ambidextrous for 5BP and two-fist Super Warhawks with the Expanded Cylinder mod; just throw on Personalized Grip to cover the recoil and fire both of them once per Phase.

I don't like dual wielding because of the 'split dice pool' thing, personally.

K_killn

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <03-25-12/0305:34> »

That's a good idea but if I do Ambidextrous that means I need to buy two guns that's more n¥ which I more BP right,
I'm still away from my books and will be sleeping soon

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-25-12/0314:46> »
For pure damage output, get Ambidextrous for 5BP and two-fist Super Warhawks with the Increased Cylinder mod; just throw on Personalized Grip to cover the recoil and fire both of them once per Phase.

Except that I'm not talking about dual-wielding, which is firing two guns during the same Action, although I was admittedly unclear on that... it's why I used the more awkward phrase "two-fisting," instead of the Mechanically Significant phrase "dual-wielding". ;)

What I'm saying is that you hold a Single-Shot Warhawk in each hand, and fire them one after the other.

If you fire the Warhawk in one hand during your first Simple Action, then the Warhawk in your other hand during your second SA, you get to fire both of them every IP and, effectively, double your ammo before you need to reload... and if you need more than 16 (w/ both Inc.Cyl. modded) rounds from a single-bullet-per-action setup in a single engagement, you've probably gone and screwed the pooch bad enough an ammo shortage is the leas of your trouble.

That's a good idea but if I do Ambidextrous that means I need to buy two guns that's more n¥ which I more BP right,

Not that much more Nuyen, though. Warhawks are a measly 250¥ each. That's barely pocket change.
« Last Edit: <03-25-12/0318:36> by JustADude »
― Albert Einstein

― Me

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <03-25-12/0315:20> »
only if You shoot Akimbo
the RSW is perfect for "right-left-firing"especially because its a ss Weapon

a RSW with internal Smart ,Ammoselektor, HighPower mod and extended Cylinder (8 Shot)

He who dances Akimbo
Medicineman

http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <03-25-12/0336:11> »
For pure damage output, get Ambidextrous for 5BP and two-fist Super Warhawks with the Increased Cylinder mod; just throw on Personalized Grip to cover the recoil and fire both of them once per Phase.

Except that I'm not talking about dual-wielding, which is firing two guns during the same Action, although I was admittedly unclear on that... it's why I used the more awkward phrase "two-fisting," instead of the Mechanically Significant phrase "dual-wielding". ;)

What I'm saying is that you hold a Single-Shot Warhawk in each hand, and fire them one after the other.

If you fire the Warhawk in one hand during your first Simple Action, then the Warhawk in your other hand during your second SA, you get to fire both of them every IP and, effectively, double your ammo before you need to reload... and if you need more than 16 (w/ both Inc.Cyl. modded) rounds from a single-bullet-per-action setup in a single engagement, you've probably gone and screwed the pooch bad enough an ammo shortage is the leas of your trouble.

Not that much more Nuyen, though. Warhawks are a measly 250¥ each. That's barely pocket change.

Okay, I definitely did misunderstand then. My mind just didn't think of using the second gun just for more ammo like that.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <03-25-12/0411:01> »
Okay, I definitely did misunderstand then. My mind just didn't think of using the second gun just for more ammo like that.

And it's actually cheaper to do it that way than get a SA mod on the single Warhawk.

And you can combine it with Clubs, Two-Weapon Training and a pair of Defiance EX Shockers (which have 4 darts and a set of melee prongs) for a 100% legal melee/ranged EDC (Every-Day-Carry) setup.
« Last Edit: <03-25-12/2325:31> by JustADude »
― Albert Einstein

― Me

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <03-25-12/0855:55> »
"Reloading takes too long. Carry more guns." - Underground RPG

:)

-k

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #14 on: <03-25-12/0900:43> »
In terms of intimidation value (that is to say, scaring them and hopefully avoiding the fight altogether), a pimped-out Bloodhawk is probably best for a revolver.
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/