NEWS

The Way of the Adept kicks off Shadowrun Options line

• 93 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #60 on: <07-11-11/1628:01> »
On a related note, what are the future planned Options?
That's up to Mr. JM Hardy, Shadowrun line dev.  I suspect he may have some ideas about that to toss around during a few meetings and panels and stuff at Gencon, only time will tell.   ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #61 on: <07-11-11/1635:29> »
I think there's something about neck punching and novels and him.

But that might be me putting words in his mouth.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <07-20-11/2212:05> »
I'm not gonna call anyone out. I have just two things to say:

1: This has inspired me to actually  play an Adept instead of a non-cybered mundane. Thanks!

2: How was Augmented NOT Ways of the Adept for Cybers? Do they REALLY need more options? (Yeah, I know I'm probably repeating, but neh, feel the need to get it out there)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #63 on: <07-20-11/2229:58> »
1: This has inspired me to actually  play an Adept instead of a non-cybered mundane. Thanks!
Awesome!  I'm glad you enjoyed the book, and hope you get lots of mileage (and karma) out of your character.  Sling some dice and shoot/kick//drive/ambush/fast-talk people right in their face, for me!

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #64 on: <07-20-11/2308:41> »
Awesome!  I'm glad you enjoyed the book, and hope you get lots of mileage (and karma) out of your character.  Sling some dice and shoot/kick//drive/ambush/fast-talk people right in their face, for me!
I've got one of the players in my group, a cyber-adept, all excited about retooling as a Burnout Way adept.

Unfortunately my next character is a technomancer, but it's going into a group with too many awakened characters already.  We light up like a signal fire any time someone is perceiving astrally already.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #65 on: <07-21-11/0228:34> »
Wish this document had come out before I wrote Nas.  He'd have made an excellent adept wheelman.

Oh well.  Still a good read and worth the cost!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #66 on: <07-21-11/0245:53> »
Wish this document had come out before I wrote Nas.  He'd have made an excellent adept wheelman.

Glad you enjoyed it, Can.  Any chance of talking to your GM and asking him to let you pick up Artisan's Way or something?  It should only run ya about 20 karma, and most GMs will let folks go "in debt" (and just have all earned karma go to paying it off), when a new book or something comes out.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #67 on: <07-21-11/0334:37> »
Nas is a character I write.

I have no GM.  I have never played Shadowrun, despite wanting to since '92.  I've only run a few campaigns that fell apart.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #68 on: <07-21-11/0515:16> »

Well, if he is something you write, nothing wrong with a little retcon, ne? Heck, with the ebbs and flows to magic/mana/juju/mojo in the SR universe, it's possible that after significant development that a "WOW I feel a LOT better!" isn't out of the question. If I was 'da GM, I'd say "SURE!" But then, its not like I have a bias towards adepts...not at all...nope....hardly any....nada.

8)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <07-21-11/0541:20> »
Why is the formatting in this thread so totally off?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #70 on: <07-21-11/1022:49> »
The forum has been sick...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #71 on: <07-21-11/1109:59> »

There was a forum upgrade that borked many of the themes. 

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #72 on: <07-21-11/1314:31> »

There was a forum upgrade that borked many of the themes.
"Don't fuck with a working system" < = every last TechSupportGuy ever.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #73 on: <07-21-11/1445:01> »

I have no GM.  I have never played Shadowrun, despite wanting to since '92.  I've only run a few campaigns that fell apart.
Time to retcon in a little Latent Awakening then, huh?   ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #74 on: <07-21-11/1659:41> »

Time to retcon in a little Latent Awakening then, huh?   ;)
Considering the amount of Essence Hit he's taken (He's had some mods done since his last story.), it's not likely he would be able to get any magic at all.  :(

As well, his initial cybernetics were required to...  Well, read the story to find out why things happened the way they did.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11