NEWS

Sins of the Fathers [IP] - A Side Quest

• 591 Replies

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #585 on: <07-14-16/1400:33> »
[spoiler]Slobbertooth would like to talk his adoptive brother about the past few years he's been away now that what he set out to do is done.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #586 on: <07-17-16/1625:52> »

"Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written."
Lucas 21:21
--------------
Seattle, June 5th, late afternoon

The little graveyard somewhere in the barrens had accumulated once again a light dusting of sooth, grime and the occasional empty beer can and chips bag. No matter how often Slobber had come here and cleaned the laser engraved brass plaque, it always looked as if nobody had been around since the day they died.
The sun had decided to blink in and out between clouds and city smog.
Since most resting places here where cheap urns, the graveyard at least had no ghoul problem - small mercies. So Slobbertooth could sit still and wait for Kazuya to appear without having to worry about these kind of predators.

When his eldest friend and fixer appeared, Slobber got up to be greeted first with a firm hand shake, followed by a hug.
For a long minute they stared at the brass plate. Finally Kazuya broke the silence.
"So you finally did it. After all those years, you found and killed the one responsible for their murders. Only five minutes ago it made the news. They found Eliza Thorin shot dead in her son's house. Lonestar also has sent out a search and arrest memo for two female humans, one ork, one troll and an elf. KE has so far not acted. Conflicting jurisdictions I imagine." He made a pause.

"I've always told you I'd stay with you for that, but you and your friends really need to lay low for a long while now. Such a high profile crime always comes with a very thorough investigation. Not to mention that the whole family is out for blood now. One of the twin daughters found their mother according to the news.

I've got to run now. There are a few things I need to take care of, but before I go I ask one thing of you: Don't go looking for more trouble in that direction. Your parents are avenged, but whatever else they wanted from life, most of all they wanted that their only child would grow up healthy, happy and whole. I can't imagine that taking more lives will achieve any of that."

---

In the following days, more and more fallout began to appear: Lonestar had a full APB out for the team, based on their short stint as kitchen helpers and their visit on the retired police man's island. Speaking of which: Gordon Wilcox, the helpful retiree had been taken into custody and hadn't been released yet. The whole staff of Valmont's restaurant had also been questioned, followed by two arrests: A previously convicted computer criminal was charged with tempering with the security clearance list and her friend, the barkeeper for trying to help her flee.

Benjamin Thorin and his remaining family had made a public appearance on trideo to condemn the murder and promising a bounty of 50k  for information pertinent to the apprehension of the fake catering staff.

All in all, life in Seattle wouldn't become boring anytime soon...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #587 on: <07-18-16/0954:10> »
Slobbertooth had wanted to ask how the folks and Hiroko were doing, but could see that Kazuya wanted to stay out of the news, and it would be best to let him leave before the orc was recognized as a wanted man.

Slobbertooth put a hand on Kazuya's shoulder and spoke to his brother for what would likely be the last time for while. "I'll try to make it home for Thanksgiving with the whole family this year, Kazuya."(Japanese)
« Last Edit: <07-18-16/1519:43> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #588 on: <07-21-16/0922:53> »
Slobbertooth rolled back into the team's garage and returned to the living room to find bnc in the same place she was when he left.

"It looks like I've made all of you wanted criminals now. What's our plan for hiding out the next few months. I doubt that we can stay here."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #589 on: <07-21-16/1229:40> »
"Jeez, relax, sempai", bnc waves him off with a somewhat stretched voice, "ev'ything's gonna be all right."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #590 on: <07-26-16/1935:48> »
"Criminals? Ha! What else is new? But if we have to leave for a while, I say we go somewhere where shadowrunners are needed and nuyen are spent for their services."

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #591 on: <07-28-16/2049:36> »
Slobbertooth found his teammate's nonchalant attitudes about the situation unconvincing to say the least. "Well unlike you two, I'm not entirely pleased about our status as wanted criminals likely being hunted by a vindictive law enforcement captain who has assassins at his disposal. Nor am I entirely happy about our current security or ability to be discovered by any of the wageslaves living around us." Josiah acted like the paranoid criminal he was and quickly hit the AR buttons to close the blinds to all of the home's windows.

"Yeah, this just isn't going to be wiz. I'm going to feel like a rat trapped in a cage if we don't do something. I'll take care of it myself."

Over the next couple of months, Slobbertooth would spend most of his time where law enforcement never went: The Barrens. It was dangerous and risky, but he had survived there as a kid, and knew what soup kitchens to go to when he needed food, and which ones to recommend to punks when they deserved to be shooting liquid drek for a couple of weeks. He wasn't home with the team very often, but tried to stay abreast of the news and the developing situation and would go along for jobs when his presence was needed. He felt obligated after getting the team in this mess. He did his best to play Batman in the Barrens when he was given the opportunity, but never going beyond stopping the occasional pick-pocket or hate crime. He had confidence, but he wasn't going to take an entire gang on by himself and draw attention from the true authorities in the Barrens.

It would have been a rather nostalgic trip for Slobbertooth if not for the wish sandwiches, servings of fish-bone soup, burned-down homes and kiosks, and the general stench of depression (or maybe that was sewage) that lingered into every crevice of every building. He found that his teammates were even less eager than before to invite him on the rare nights out of the house. He wasn't sure if it was because he was laying low or because his odor caused every patron to give the team a 5 ft. berth when they entered any room. Regardless, for the time being, Slobbertooth felt safer 100 feet from a murder in progress than he did 100 feet from some wageslave hoping to be come Don Draper
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"