Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

So, need some feedback on a run for my players...

<< < (2/3) > >>

street.mage:
I agree with Angelone.  They wouldn't talk after, just payback for geeking their gang member.  Question now is, how do you frame them?  Take some pictures for taunting?  Have the SR team wear some opposing gang colors in the pic without showing their faces?

Even better, get a gang member on tape/record, then contact the other gang with that recording.  Make them say something that sounds like a threat...then hang up the commlink.

Cheesedapplications:
Its an open ended mission. The johnson doesn't care HOW they do it, just THAT they do it.

Cheesedapplications:
Hmm...so what would appropriate nuyen be? My understanding is that 5-10k per runner on an early run is fairly solid, but obviously I'm asking for advice because I'm not 100% synched into the system..

Also, the secondary job, should the players refuse number 1. Also pretty street level.

The Mr. J meets them in a soy-kaf slam poetry cafe in the renton area. He is, unsurprisingly, hip to the avant-garde theme. It turns out a Horizon exec has a pair of snotty kids, brother and sister, who have taken to running with the Spikes. Bad for the corporate image if anyone finds out. They aren't necessarily what you would call prime Spike's material, but when your free with the nuyen, its amazing how many "hardcore bikers" are willing to bemusedly tolerate your presence. Their particular pack tends to cruise I5 when it isn't trying very hard to see if it can pass out at Engine Rat's, a local dive bar. Extract said kids from the middle of their pack in the next 72 hours. The job pays 20,000. If you can make sure the little punks never want to do that again, there's a 10,000 nuyen bonus in it. Obviously, seriously injuring or killing the kids would be bad.

The truth: Horizon would have already dispatched corp sec to make the snatch, but a the exec in question is in a tough competition for an assistant VP position and has kept this off corp radar so far. Other than that, its what it says on the box. Of course, any monkey business by the runners and its too easy for the powers that be to stage a raid to free those "innocent kidnapping victims.

mortonstromgal:

--- Quote from: Cheesedapplications on ---Hmm...so what would appropriate nuyen be? My understanding is that 5-10k per runner on an early run is fairly solid, but obviously I'm asking for advice because I'm not 100% synched into the system..

--- End quote ---

I would go with a total nuyen, maybe like 20-30k. Payment should reflect the assignment. Make X happen should be a flat fee where as body guard duty would be per runner per day. I also agree that I would run a simple smash and grab for first timers. Or perhaps a courier or bodyguard mission.

Angelone:

--- Quote from: Cheesedapplications on ---Hmm...so what would appropriate nuyen be? My understanding is that 5-10k per runner on an early run is fairly solid, but obviously I'm asking for advice because I'm not 100% synched into the system..

Also, the secondary job, should the players refuse number 1. Also pretty street level.

The Mr. J meets them in a soy-kaf slam poetry cafe in the renton area. He is, unsurprisingly, hip to the avant-garde theme. It turns out a Horizon exec has a pair of snotty kids, brother and sister, who have taken to running with the Spikes. Bad for the corporate image if anyone finds out. They aren't necessarily what you would call prime Spike's material, but when your free with the nuyen, its amazing how many "hardcore bikers" are willing to bemusedly tolerate your presence. Their particular pack tends to cruise I5 when it isn't trying very hard to see if it can pass out at Engine Rat's, a local dive bar. Extract said kids from the middle of their pack in the next 72 hours. The job pays 20,000. If you can make sure the little punks never want to do that again, there's a 10,000 nuyen bonus in it. Obviously, seriously injuring or killing the kids would be bad.

The truth: Horizon would have already dispatched corp sec to make the snatch, but a the exec in question is in a tough competition for an assistant VP position and has kept this off corp radar so far. Other than that, its what it says on the box. Of course, any monkey business by the runners and its too easy for the powers that be to stage a raid to free those "innocent kidnapping victims.

--- End quote ---

I agree with your payment plans for the runs so far. The first is fairly straightforward and shouldn't pay more than 10K. The second is harder and should pay more to reflect that, tangling with a bunch of troll bikers is not something to be taken lightly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version