NEWS

bnc's basement

• 130 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« on: <07-19-18/0345:13> »
Roughly three weaks after their arrival - bnc had spent a good deal of this time in a hospital in Essen - suddenly a message pops up at Anna's commlink.

<@Anna <bunny im back to mun wanna visit me? got sthg nice 2 show u
writ down the ad on paper ill completely erase evry trace of the msg in 10 mins>
<geodata attached> >

"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-19-18/0739:45> »
Anna returned to old habits, ignoring the credstick that was supposed to change everything. She found an apartment and familiarized herself with the city and with other students about her age in the nearby university. Interestingly enough, she never formally registered, just bought a fake student card and attended parties and social gatherings. With only a rudimentary German, that offered an environment where she did not feel so alone.

She gets up from the bed, late morning leaving her lover for that night vast asleep. "Does he live here now?" she thinks uncomfortably when she understands that it has been a few nights already. On the one side, she used to share a room, and on the other hand... it was her place. Having a native to translate for her was perhaps worth the trouble, she also needed the company and the sex was not bad.

Her eyes brightened when bnc finally made contact, she has not seen her from the flight. She knew they were not girlfriends... and Yet, she felt abandoned in a completely strange city with a completely alien culture.  She imagined that bnc would at least help her get started... but she was her own 'bnc'ish and just went to get herself augmented or whatever.  Anna copied the address with an actual pen and paper and replied >> Sure, when should I come?

She Cursed herself for being so easy, but bnc was way more exciting than her routine of physical exercise, library visits to study and parties. One thing she noticed, having the possibility to magically enhance herself made understanding German and befriending new people easier.

« Last Edit: <07-19-18/0752:30> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-20-18/0448:06> »
<@Anna<thanks for deling the msg u r welcum anytime i aint goin nowhere promise i luv my life :) >>
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-20-18/0834:43> »
Anna read the message a few times, and then texted >> Sure, how about tonight? Got plans?

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-20-18/1110:31> »
<@Anna <always do always the same ;-) just drop by u like wiz stuff dont u>>
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-20-18/1610:08> »
>> Its a date then, I'll come this afternoon. Say 17:00. 

With that, she showered and went to start her day. The encounter with Zola filled her with purpose, and she was researching some interesting options for spell defense.  It was not long before she was buried with books, (how uncharacteristically) in the library trying to force herself to read and to comprehend. The theory was clear, she saw spells manifesting and understood how she could instantly make mana scarce to weaken spells. In practice, it was more difficult and even after rigorous counterspelling experience, successful spell defense was more a matter of luck.

At about 16:00 she finished for the day and instead of heading to the gym like on other days, she went to visit bnc. She freshened herself up, renewed her cosmetics and then took a taxi... "How ironic that I became a bookworm... I really am not that good at this. There was the temptation to augment herself with magic and make the study so much easier, but Anna believed that shortcuts are bad for her in the longer run, and she needed to do so fair and square.  Easier said than done, visiting bnc was a blissful distraction.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-20-18/1622:46> »
Around half past 4, another message arrived. <@Anna <befre i forget ring@petra mijankovic>>

Shortly after Yael pressed the button, a soft buzzing sound signals that she can enter. An ARrOw indicates the door where "Petra Mijankovic" lives. It is unlocked.

When Yael opens the door, however, it's not bnc who greets her with a smile. Instead, a handsome young man stands before her, muscular and tall. He only wears a towel wound around his waist, and his right hand is wrapped in another towel.

[spoiler]Please make a Perception test and tell me the hits you scored.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-21-18/0053:54> »
>>Alright Petra... I am still Anna - makes things easier. 

She follows the instructions and is more than a bit surprised by the man that welcomes her.  At first, she saviors the visual, enjoying the man's physic for a moment, but the towel on his hand makes a bit jumpy and uncomfortable.

"Aham... I am looking for Petra, did I get the right apartment?" She says.

[spoiler]
Perception + 3 visual/audio: 15d6t5 4
I scored 4 hits for visual/audio 2 otherwise.
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <07-21-18/0104:57> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-21-18/0321:03> »
# OoC
Anna easily sees through the disguise. The man is a well-made drone but a drone nonetheless.
Just out of interest: How the fuck did you get 15 dice on perception?

# IC

"No", the drone answers. Only if you know that it's not a real person, you can hear that the voice is a tad synthetic. Or is it just imagination because you know? "Petra Mijankovic has long left. It's just that nobody cared to alter the sign. But bnc's here if that'll do." The man-drone winks and steps aside for Yael to enter. You stand in a small anteroom. A chaotic assembly of shoes, jackets and - surprisingly - a stray sofa (leaned to the wall as the anteroom is too small for it to stand on its long side) is lying about. Anna can also see displays of additional security measurements: The door is reinforced with steel from inside. Both inside and outside small cameras are recording everything.

A glass-panel door to the left is shut, to the right you can see three doors, two of which you guess are the restroom and the bathroom. On the opposite wall, however, a door is open. This might be the living room.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-21-18/0346:56> »
She enters and says "An interesting toy... how realistic is he? Can you jump in and experience life as a dude? because that would be insane!". She appreciates the security of the place, this is much more than the lousy one bedroom she got herself in. She proceeds toward what she believes to be the living room, a bit more alert than she'd like herself to be. "Is someone trying to kidnap me?"

OOC
6 points in perception and 6 intuitition - 3 more dice from glasses and 3 from earbuds. As close as she gets from being augmented.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-21-18/0503:31> »
The room inside is a mess. bnc lies in a heap on the ground on a small carpet, apparently asleep. Everywhere, electronic parts are lying about: connectors, wires, sheels, tags, chips, condensators. A huge toolbox stands opened next to the wall, a screwdriver next to it. Even a small welding machine and a protector lean on the wall. Between those heaps, you find half a week's worth of soyghurt cups, a half-emptied plastic box of industry fruit and an almost untouched pack of high-energy müesli bars as well as several bottles of nutrition-rich synthetic drinks, some Golden Mirror patches and an empty paper soykaf mug.
The drone gingerly takes your coat - it's still winter, after all - and hangs it on a hook. Then it says with a grin: "I already did, sweet meat. Isn't he wonderful? Isn't he marvelous?"

Indeed, the tan drone resembles the grown-up version of a beach boy. Dark hair, brown eyes, middle-long hair. A few stylisch LED tattoos pep up his otherwise smooth-as-silk skin. When he touches Anna in the process of undoing her jacket, the skin is cool but soft. The motions are astonishingly natural.
The drone shuts the door behind you.

# OoC
Sweet! That's remarkable. I never imagined Anna wearing glasses.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <07-21-18/0646:17> »
Anna lets her coat to the so realistic drone, "It sure has made you more polite, I am surprised" she said. Finding it a bit strange to refer to bnc in that physically delicious human-like drone... "He is quite gorgeous, this is confusing."

"... So you get to become a masculine beach boy and I need to work hours in the gym." Clearly impressed she took another look on the surrounding and on bnc, and then went back to the drone. Concluding that it was indeed the most interesting thing in the room at the moment.

She approached it and passed her finger on the masculine torso, admiring the synthskin.
"How realistic does that feel?"

#OOC I think about it something similar to Google Glass, rather than what we call glasses. A little screen close the eye.  (or perhaps just one of the eyes).

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <07-22-18/0515:37> »
"Nah, really, it's just being me when I'm happy."
He/She/It smiles broadly, reveiling almost perfect teeth with just a hint of imperfection.

"You have a shitload of money. You can buy one for yourself, too. They come with massage and sex autosofts, if you want him to please you."
The drone himheritself touches Anna, first on the cheeck, then the cools fingers wander down her neck to her shoulders. "It does ... it does feel astonishingly realistic. Almost if you would touch me, only that your fingers are smaller. This is so awkward..."

# OoC Hm, perhaps. Never saw it that way. Makes sense, though.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <07-22-18/0632:58> »
Anna closes her eyes in response to the touch, "It feels kind of exciting knowing that you touch me with this body. I don't think that an autosoft would have the same effect. Suspension of disbelief and everything, but if I would have such a drone and a rig in my head, the most exciting thing would be to sleep with somebody else using such a different body. At least if they wired the thing accurately enough to my nervous system.  It would change my entire view of self... it must be mindblowing."

« Last Edit: <07-22-18/0739:36> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <07-22-18/1451:20> »
Hesheit grins and shakes his hand. "You want a Pepper plus?" Hesheit walks over to the frige.
"That's exactly why I invited you in. Have you ever considered the thought that drones are a working tool, designed to organize your schedules and prep your soykaf? You know, they come like this."

The bnc drone removes the towel around his waist with its left hand. Beneath, you see little more than an indentation. Just like a puppet, it does (of course) have no genitals.

"This is a Saeder-Krupp Direktionssekretär. It can learn a lot of things, but they come with a flaw.
Then there's the other thing: Men and women have entirely different hormone systems, even the brain structures are arranged in a different way. Especially those who are related to nervous tissue we simply don't frigging have. So, unfortunately, it's not that simple. You can't just hop into a drone and fuck someone."S
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"