NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #240 on: <10-30-13/1542:59> »
Guessing TNO means Tír na nÓg. The Nameless One just doesn't make any sense in this context :)

Pomyra seems to be related to the Allied German States, being an Elven duchy somewhere in Germany as far as I can tell.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #241 on: <10-30-13/1941:34> »
Yeah, Aithne Oakforest moved there after Lofwyr ate his kid for bashing dragon eggs. Kindof like a European version of Tir Tairngir.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #242 on: <10-30-13/2020:35> »
Yeah, Aithne Oakforest moved there after Lofwyr ate his kid for bashing dragon eggs. Kindof like a European version of Tir Tairngir.

Pomorya.

There's a Pegasus storyline that began when SR4 was published, and that's been referenced in a couple books like Corporate Guide, about Lofwyr actively undermining the regime and Oakforest naturally taking sides against him. As I recall it began with S-K letting them suffer during Crash 2.0 and just escalated from there to include the brother(?) of the head of S-K North America trying to usurp the ruling Grand Duke.
« Last Edit: <10-30-13/2024:09> by Crimsondude »

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #243 on: <10-31-13/1011:02> »
I thought it was the other way around, Tir Tangiere was a western version of Tir na nog, Tir na nog being the original elven nation and tangiere being the one founded by exiles or something like that.

I know, I know, something or other about antic's, just checking if I've got the history right in my head.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #244 on: <10-31-13/1300:30> »
Tir Tairngir and Tir Nan Og are like two sides of the same coin, Malathis, and they came to be within a year or two of eachother. TT is, for all its feudal class structure and neo-fantasy tourist trade, a modern country that does not have a great deal of religious or spiritual background. TNO, on the other hand, goes whole hog in the Celtic mythos, and their Path of the Wheel philosophy/religion/whatever. And the two countries don't get along that well.

My Characters

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #245 on: <10-31-13/1422:33> »
Tir Tairngir and Tir Nan Og are like two sides of the same coin, Malathis, and they came to be within a year or two of eachother. TT is, for all its feudal class structure and neo-fantasy tourist trade, a modern country that does not have a great deal of religious or spiritual background. TNO, on the other hand, goes whole hog in the Celtic mythos, and their Path of the Wheel philosophy/religion/whatever. And the two countries don't get along that well.

Sorry wasn't as clear as I could have been, I was more referencing thier 4th world counter parts. I'm a bit hazy on the various elven kingdoms from then.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #246 on: <10-31-13/2158:12> »
Well, there was one big elven empire that fractured shortly before the Scourge, as the Elven Court (led by Alachia) thought they could do a better job of creating a defense against the Horrors than the Therans could. They were wrong, and ended up having to Corrupt their entire population and the Wyrm Wood where they lived to stave off the worst of the Horrors. When the Scourge ended, the other elves took a dim view of the Blood Elves, as they were now called, and basically shunned them. It is hard to say for certain, since they didn't use names as we'd see them on the map today, but it is suspected that the Blood Wood was near present day Chernobyl, since when translated into English, the name apparently means 'worm wood'. Which would explain why they didn't try to rebuild their kingdom there.

My Characters

RulezLawyerZ

• Newb
  • IANA.... wait, yes I am.
« Reply #247 on: <06-17-14/1609:51> »
Arise, ye thread, and live again!

Anyone got a list of the active metaplots? I'm pretty focused on the stuff that affects my own game, but hazy on the rest. The ones I'm tracking are:

Dragons - Big shake-ups in the status quo. Hestaby's on the run, broke, licking her wounds and plotting her revenge. Ghostwalker's back in the FRFZ, also licking his wounds after going mano a draco with Harlequin (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). Lowfyr's pulled out of the spotlight, possibly to grieve for his brother, but more likely to tend to his other projects (remember, Everything). Sirrug survived but was banished, maybe to dragon-jail, Celedyr is now Loremaster, and all the rest are pretty much the same.

CFD - Sybil's hit the Big Leagues, causing a big chunk of Boston to be quarantined, while we're learning more and more about it's origin. Contagion looks like it's even more wide-spread than anyone thought, with several strains based on the source of the infectious nanites, not all of whom get along.

Seattle - Gov. Brackhaven is in the process of tying his own noose as the debacle that was Prop 23 is revealed, as is his involvement in trying to kill it.

Denver - Azzies are back, and while Ghostwalker maintains that he's the king of the proverbial mountain, the power dynamic has shifted quite a bit. At the very least, he's too busy playing house with Zebulon (who I'm beginning to think is actually the ghost of his dead mate from the ED days) to kick them out. UCAS and... Sioux? forces have pulled out of the ZDF, but stayed in their respective sectors, making the FRFZ kind of a tense place to be at the moment.

The Infected - HMHVV is changing its hosts, making them more bestial. At the same time, some of them are getting more organized, and trying to reassert themselves as apex predators.

I know that's not all that's happening in the world. What'd I leave out?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #248 on: <06-17-14/1805:31> »
Denver - Azzies are back, and while Ghostwalker maintains that he's the king of the proverbial mountain, the power dynamic has shifted quite a bit. At the very least, he's too busy playing house with Zebulon (who I'm beginning to think is actually the ghost of his dead mate from the ED days) to kick them out.
Not a ghost in the SR meaning of the word, but yes, Zebulon is his long lost mate.

ChewyGranola

• Newb
« Reply #249 on: <06-18-14/1028:33> »
Arise, ye thread, and live again!

Anyone got a list of the active metaplots? I'm pretty focused on the stuff that affects my own game, but hazy on the rest. The ones I'm tracking are:

Dragons - Big shake-ups in the status quo. Hestaby's on the run, broke, licking her wounds and plotting her revenge. Ghostwalker's back in the FRFZ, also licking his wounds after going mano a draco with Harlequin (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). Lowfyr's pulled out of the spotlight, possibly to grieve for his brother, but more likely to tend to his other projects (remember, Everything). Sirrug survived but was banished, maybe to dragon-jail, Celedyr is now Loremaster, and all the rest are pretty much the same.

CFD - Sybil's hit the Big Leagues, causing a big chunk of Boston to be quarantined, while we're learning more and more about it's origin. Contagion looks like it's even more wide-spread than anyone thought, with several strains based on the source of the infectious nanites, not all of whom get along.

Seattle - Gov. Brackhaven is in the process of tying his own noose as the debacle that was Prop 23 is revealed, as is his involvement in trying to kill it.

Denver - Azzies are back, and while Ghostwalker maintains that he's the king of the proverbial mountain, the power dynamic has shifted quite a bit. At the very least, he's too busy playing house with Zebulon (who I'm beginning to think is actually the ghost of his dead mate from the ED days) to kick them out. UCAS and... Sioux? forces have pulled out of the ZDF, but stayed in their respective sectors, making the FRFZ kind of a tense place to be at the moment.

The Infected - HMHVV is changing its hosts, making them more bestial. At the same time, some of them are getting more organized, and trying to reassert themselves as apex predators.

I know that's not all that's happening in the world. What'd I leave out?

Which books are these plots from? I read Clutch of Dragons, but don't remember anything like what you are describing. Is this all Storm Front stuff? If so, I'm going to just have to up and buy that book.

RulezLawyerZ

• Newb
  • IANA.... wait, yes I am.
« Reply #250 on: <06-18-14/1143:53> »
Which books are these plots from? I read Clutch of Dragons, but don't remember anything like what you are describing. Is this all Storm Front stuff? If so, I'm going to just have to up and buy that book.

Mostly Storm Front, a little bit from ... dammit, I can never keep Shattered States and Stolen Souls straight, and bits and pieces from other places that have lodged in my drift-net brain.

And Crimsondude, thanks for the confirmation!

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #251 on: <06-18-14/1205:47> »
Finally found the time to update my opening post with the latest stuff. As usual, I'm pretty sure I've missed/forgotten some plots, so don't hesitate to tell me :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #252 on: <06-18-14/1339:07> »
A couple subplot items I've picked up from Storm Front / New Books, not sure if you'd necessarily put them up in "metaplot" status though:

Asian Dragon Lines and the Ring of Fire - Ryumyo, Lung, Masaru (the dragons) and Wuxing (the megacorp) seem to be entangled in all sorts of geomantic constructions around the Ring of Fire.

Ex-Pacis? - A couple of mentions around Stolen Souls, and the opening fiction for Coyotes seem to imply Pax is around and active.  The last time Pax was active, the Matrix exploded... ... what's planned this time?

Denver - Slightly related to above, during the big shenanigans between the Laughing Man and Doll Maker, Puck was highly active in helping orchestrate events leading to Denver's big blowup.  His parting words (in I believe Storm Front) were that things were just getting started.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #253 on: <06-18-14/1607:37> »
About the dragon lines in the ring of fire, those have been under contention since the Year of the Comet, when Ryumyo basically set the whole ring of fire off.

Pax hasn't been all that active, but she has apparently developed some kind of ritual technomancy. The only ritual we know of so far is something that drives AIs insane.

As for Puck, I doubt we've seen the end of Puck, or the Jester's Army.

My Characters

gyrobot

• Newb
« Reply #254 on: <10-30-14/0020:11> »
So what would be the general reaction be if Azzies decide to rub it in with a blood ritual of Bogota Citizens and send the Trid to anyone who opposed them? Just a crazy little question I wanted to ask at the Shadowrun Reddit but since it is pretty barren.