NEWS

The Official Scoop on Official Shadowrun Errata

• 223 Replies

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #75 on: <08-11-16/0805:33> »
The band's together, and we have a place to play. Gotta sweep the stage and get the playlist together...and then it's time to rock.

Little luck, we'll be getting stuff out by the end of the month.

Freebird! FREEBIRD!!!
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #76 on: <08-11-16/1426:00> »
Maybe even a little tiny thing or two by the end of the week; I started us off with a couple of softballs so we can get a feel for things.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #77 on: <08-12-16/1400:17> »
Okay, it's not much, but it's a start. We've got discussions going on regarding several other points, we're getting organized slowly but surely, and we're about to start hitting our stride. But we did settle on this one little thing so far, and didn't see any reason to wait in order to share it. So...its small. But it's only the first thing. Watch this space.

odd

• Omae
« Reply #78 on: <08-12-16/1402:20> »
Did I miss the levels explained?  Does provisional mean you sent it up the line for approval?  What are the other statuses?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <08-12-16/1408:49> »
Great first start, Patrick, glad we can finally put that one to rest from a RAW perspective.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #80 on: <08-12-16/1411:11> »
"Provisional" means it's take-it-to-the-bank official, but we reserve the right to fix it if it turns out we messed up. Things stay provisional until we're satisfied with how it's tested out, and then it goes into the errata doc and sent up to be put into the next printing of the book/revision of the PDF. Once it's published, I'll change it to "Official." I don't want to jump the gun on anything (though this one is likely not going to get any bad reviews, I think).

If it changes...I'm not sure what I'll call it, but I'll post the new version and provide a pointer. We're still figuring this out, so bear with us as we do so.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #81 on: <08-14-16/2256:39> »
But we did settle on this one little thing so far, and didn't see any reason to wait in order to share it. So...its small. But it's only the first thing. Watch this space.

Am I missing something or what did you settle on that you are sharing?

EDIT.  Nevermind, I found the other thread  :-[
« Last Edit: <08-14-16/2258:28> by Tarislar »

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <08-15-16/2347:26> »
Excited to see the errata is been made for the books :)

Question though i read that any suggestion for erratas on the core should be done on this forum but it should be posted here

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11363.0

or in a separate thread?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #83 on: <08-16-16/0050:31> »
That thread is just fine. I read everything on this forum, though I don't respond to very much.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #84 on: <08-18-16/1537:28> »
Today has been very productive for me, at least behind the scenes. Over the last 24 hours, I've been in touch with both my French and German counterparts, and have made arrangements to get the errata they've incorporated into their editions. In fact, Black Book Éditions has already sent me errata for the core rulebook, and Pegasus Spiele is compiling theirs and should have it to us sometime next week.

After we have all that, we'll compare everything, make sure nothing contradictory comes up between the two versions, and begin posting things hot and heavy, hopefully by the end of the month.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <08-18-16/1550:09> »
Neat!

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #86 on: <08-18-16/1823:29> »
Wow, just, wow.  Thank you so much for putting the effort in Patrick, it's a breath of fresh air to a lot of people on this forum I'm sure.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #87 on: <08-18-16/2048:25> »
Thumbs up Patrick!

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

adzling

« Reply #88 on: <08-19-16/1931:14> »
Patrick is da man;-)

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #89 on: <08-20-16/1400:06> »
And now we have the German errata. Once a couple of guys get back from their weekend off, we're going to have some work to do.