NEWS

The Official Scoop on Official Shadowrun Errata

• 223 Replies

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #105 on: <08-28-16/0750:10> »
New book or no, there's still issues in the book that need looking at. So that falls into my domain, as it were.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <08-30-16/1528:41> »
A few little things, but meatier this time. In the middle of a couple of writing gigs, so not able to address as much right this minute as I'd like, but one of them is fixing to be over, so I should be able to get some more stuff up to the team and some more answers out of them soon.

odd

• Omae
« Reply #107 on: <08-30-16/1534:57> »
I'd say the shifter thing is pretty major

&#24525;

« Reply #108 on: <08-31-16/2316:24> »
I had already houseruled the shifter changes for my game, so I'm glad for it :D

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #109 on: <09-02-16/0246:17> »
I'd say the shifter thing is pretty major

Agreed, and I would like to add a few suggestions as far as the re-introduction of the Shifter Powers and Weaknesses go. Firstly, since space in a chart is usually at a premium, I would suggest avoiding a huge list like that being added to every single variety of shifter. Adding an extra paragraph to the "Creating a Shapeshifter" section should let you list out all of the powers that all of the Shifters share in one swift and concise way. There's even space on Page 103 if you wanted to add it as a sidebar (or for the text to spill over). If you were to do that, moving the "Shift" power to that section would also save you some space too.

I know it was a thing in previous editions, but it might also be worth mentioning that some variants of Shifters are weak against different metals/materials rather than Silver. It was part of the sidebar in 4th that allowed Shifters of non-human metahuman forms, so it would be worth mentioning separately in this edition.

Finally, unrelated to Shifters:
"Power foci live up to their name. They are very powerful foci that temporarily increase your effective Magic rating.
That means they add to your Sorcery, Conjuring, and Enchanting dice pools, along with any other test where
Magic is involved. Power foci can take any form, but for some reason, rings and amulets are quite popular."
  SR5 p319

Does this mean they increase your Magic rating for the purposes of whether Drain is Physical?
One assumes they don't increase it with regards to focus addiction rules?

Since it just came up (again) in the rules forums, I thought it might be worth mentioning again for the errata crew. A clarification of what Power Foci are intended to do. I have quite a bit to say, but I'm going to post it to the other thread to keep discussion on that topic.

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #110 on: <09-07-16/0749:51> »
Hope the work going ok, and i hate to only be asking things here but will the missing mentor spirit coyote be able to be added back in? I been thinking about a mentor for my spell caster but non of the other feel like they fit him.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #111 on: <09-07-16/2008:51> »
Nothing this week. I've been wrestling with a paying contract which is overdue because of mental vapor lock. Think I've gor things back in motion so will be getting back on this horse next week.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #112 on: <09-07-16/2046:11> »
Hope the work going ok, and i hate to only be asking things here but will the missing mentor spirit coyote be able to be added back in? I been thinking about a mentor for my spell caster but non of the other feel like they fit him.

Coyote got defined in one of the Sioux PDFs.  I forget which one, counting coup possibly? (It was more adventure than source)

deville

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #113 on: <09-07-16/2159:36> »

Coyote got defined in one of the Sioux PDFs.  I forget which one, counting coup possibly? (It was more adventure than source)

I just checked and you are correct. The Counting Coup adventure has a sidebar for the Coyote mentor spirit.

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #114 on: <09-08-16/0358:40> »
In my def, i would not of looked at a adventure book for him. It any good for lore?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #115 on: <09-08-16/1023:30> »
In my def, i would not of looked at a adventure book for him. It any good for lore?

I read a review of the product when it came out, and the reviewer mentioned the mentor spirit.  I never would have suspected, otherwise.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #116 on: <09-08-16/1956:47> »
Remember, Coyote's also playable using the "stats as per Raven" thing, mentioned right in the core book (bonus to Con, bonus to Manipulation spells).  More than one of us wrote in-book fic with a Coyote shaman featured (because we figured 'yote was the safe bet), and it wasn't until later in the process that we realized Coyote hadn't made it in.  Putting 'yote in as an option tacked onto Raven was the best we could manage right then.

And, of course, you can always play a shaman of Coyote (old school) by just not taking a mentor spirit.  The old "no bonuses, no penalties" routine.   ;)

deville

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #117 on: <09-08-16/2345:26> »

Not really, if you want lots of shaman lore or Coyote lore, it's a pretty good adventure IMO. I've wanted to run it for a while now. The Coyote shaman has a bio at the end with the mentor spirit sidebar. The bonuses are pretty much like Raven but there's the disadvantage and insight into how Coyote thinks and acts that I really like.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #118 on: <09-09-16/0346:35> »
Remember, Coyote's also playable using the "stats as per Raven" thing, mentioned right in the core book (bonus to Con, bonus to Manipulation spells).  More than one of us wrote in-book fic with a Coyote shaman featured (because we figured 'yote was the safe bet), and it wasn't until later in the process that we realized Coyote hadn't made it in.  Putting 'yote in as an option tacked onto Raven was the best we could manage right then.

And, of course, you can always play a shaman of Coyote (old school) by just not taking a mentor spirit.  The old "no bonuses, no penalties" routine.   ;)

I feel like anyone who takes a Coyote mentor spirit should have a hard time turning away anyone of the opposite gender. Coyote is one raunchy motherfragger in RL Native American Mythology.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #119 on: <09-16-16/1728:09> »
Sorry for the long delay in getting anything up. I had some family stuff going on and some paying gigs. I think I've got that all in check, so I'm getting some old stuff that we'd talked over going up today, and I'm  getting more stuff set up for discussions and votes. Sorry I disappeared there for a few days.