NEWS

Help locating some 'ware

• 13 Replies

Cheaterbane

• Newb
« on: <05-31-11/1329:53> »
Quick question, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for on a search, so I figure I'll ask.

Is there any ware out there that increases one's Intuition stat?

I know there are things out there that will give you a bonus to Intuition based skills, but I can't find anything that increases the Intuition stat.

Any help (even a home brew if nothing else) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-31-11/1340:41> »
there are Drugs and (maybe ?) Nanites and genetic Optimisation

Hough!
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-31-11/1349:52> »
Is there any ware out there that increases one's Intuition stat?
Nope, not unless you count an autoinjector loaded with Psyche ;)
Actually a genetic infusion Inspiration does give +1 to intuition and if you manage to get 5 hits on essence+edge test its permanent.

But in general ware is bad at boosting mental attributes, except for logic, witch kinda makes sense.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #3 on: <05-31-11/1402:55> »
Logic gets a direct increase through the cerebral booster, and tailored pheromones or enhanced pheromone receptors (half rating, rounded up) will modify Charisma linked tests without increasing the actual attribute.

I'm loathe to use enhanced pheromone receptors on an actual PC, however.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-31-11/1410:53> »
Logic gets a direct increase through the cerebral booster, and tailored pheromones or enhanced pheromone receptors (half rating, rounded up) will modify Charisma linked tests without increasing the actual attribute.
I'm pretty damm sure my post said "except for logic" witch should kinda imply that i know about cerebral booster, witch is almost only piece of ware that augments a mental attribute.
Bonus dice is a different thnik altogether and that can be gotten for all mental attributes, but OP wasn't asking for think providing a dicepool bonus.

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #5 on: <05-31-11/1422:24> »
I'm pretty damm sure my post said "except for logic" witch should kinda imply that i know about cerebral booster, witch is almost only piece of ware that augments a mental attribute.
Bonus dice is a different thnik altogether and that can be gotten for all mental attributes, but OP wasn't asking for think providing a dicepool bonus.

My fault for not fully reading the thread. Let's stay civil.

Cheaterbane

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-31-11/1436:15> »
Hmm, thanks for the replies.

So I could theoretically hit the diff 5 test with an awesome edge roll, but it's super unlikely.

Can anyone think of a homebrew that would increase intuition?

It's your 'wisdom' stat to speak in DnD terms right?

What about something that enhanced the 'primal' receptors in the brain, something harkening back to the caveman type days.

Any thoughts, of vastly more experienced chummers?

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-31-11/1448:18> »
My fault for not fully reading the thread. Let's stay civil.
Okey sorry then, it just seemed like you were responding to my post, as it wasn't really an answer to the OP:s question like at all :-[
So I could theoretically hit the diff 5 test with an awesome edge roll, but it's super unlikely.
Well you can also get it with the Mysterious implant negatice quality from RC, but it comes with a moderate addiction to a drug of your GM:s choosing :-\

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #8 on: <05-31-11/1524:24> »
Can one not simply burn one point of edge for an exceptional success with 4 net hits on that test?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <05-31-11/1526:16> »
Can one not simply burn one point of edge for an exceptional success with 4 net hits on that test?
Edge can't be used for that test.

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #10 on: <06-01-11/1824:20> »
While it does not increase the Intuition attribute, the genetech Qualia (Augmentation pg 91) provides a +1 bonus to all Intuition-linked skill tests.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <06-02-11/1502:27> »
If you're an adept, you can use the Keen Wits power to potentially push Intution up to your maximum augmented attribute rating (9 in most cases).

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #12 on: <06-03-11/0042:57> »
If you increase Intuition your increasing initiative, hence the lack of ware. If you add ware to up Intuition every gun bunny out there will add it to his sammie and the initiative gap gets wider between the have and have-nots. To give a bonus to other actions beyond initiative is why the choice to use bonus dice boosts by the devs.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <06-03-11/0226:02> »
If you increase Intuition your increasing initiative, hence the lack of ware. If you add ware to up Intuition every gun bunny out there will add it to his sammie and the initiative gap gets wider between the have and have-nots. To give a bonus to other actions beyond initiative is why the choice to use bonus dice boosts by the devs.
Hmmmm??
What about the ' ware that enhances REA ? this also increases Init ?!!
best Example is Move-By-Wire

with a fast Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8