NEWS

Vehicles

• 20 Replies

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« on: <02-01-11/1608:12> »
Is there an ETA on a vehicles book?  Right now I'm attempting to convert stuff out of Rigger 3 for my Jack Burton inspired character...

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-02-11/0204:25> »
Not soon enough... :(
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <02-02-11/0854:41> »
Is there an ETA on a vehicles book?  Right now I'm attempting to convert stuff out of Rigger 3 for my Jack Burton inspired character...
Have you checked out Arsenal? It has a ton of vehicles and rules for mods in it.

There's also the PDF-only This Old Drone and MilSpecTech books that have vehicles in them.

BattleCorps Links:
Arsenal
This Old Drone
MilSpecTech

savaze

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-02-11/1509:14> »
Have you checked out Arsenal? It has a ton of vehicles and rules for mods in it.
I've done more skimming of Arsenal than deep reading.  I've read from numerous sources that there would be a vehicle focused book in the works due sometime after This Old Drone...

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #4 on: <02-02-11/1701:06> »
There is supposed to be a "30 Rides" PDF-only release being worked on, but no definite date has been set for when we might see it.

-k

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #5 on: <02-02-11/2017:42> »
Wow, no wonder this is the first time I've heard about this old drone!

Some of that business is INSANE.
Body 4 drones with the equivalent of 3 weapon mounts? 1 reinforced and one standard.

The Hachiman drone can take a freaking main gun with its stock mount.  Hello Autocannon.

A body 6 VTOL drone with cargo (read: bomb) drop for 8,500¥, ready to be equipped with 18 hardened armor and 2 weapon mounts.

Nearly every one of these "Outdated" drones is better than anything in the other books and cheaper to boot.  So what if they need modularity to be updated to current tech.  They are killing machines!

savaze

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <02-03-11/0151:09> »
Wow, no wonder this is the first time I've heard about this old drone!

Some of that business is INSANE.
Body 4 drones with the equivalent of 3 weapon mounts? 1 reinforced and one standard.

The Hachiman drone can take a freaking main gun with its stock mount.  Hello Autocannon.

A body 6 VTOL drone with cargo (read: bomb) drop for 8,500¥, ready to be equipped with 18 hardened armor and 2 weapon mounts.

Nearly every one of these "Outdated" drones is better than anything in the other books and cheaper to boot.  So what if they need modularity to be updated to current tech.  They are killing machines!
Gear heads paradise!

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #7 on: <02-20-11/2325:27> »
Obsolete is not an expensive quality.....

If you need a bunch of drones that aren't going to make it back to base? These are awesome..

But I'm not trusting my best (read: EXPENSIVE) guns and software on an obsolete Wandijina that may/may not decide to barrel roll into a building on the way back to base...
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <02-20-11/2334:53> »
They don't build them like they used to, that's all.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-20-11/2357:40> »
They don't build them like they used to, that's all.
I concur.

And honestly, I thought the Ares Sentinel systemtm was one of the best ever balances of efficiency vs cost!

Just for fun, have criss-crossed tracks with multiple drones on the system, and suddenly you can call multiple LMG's into a single room. It was like playing model trains with weapon mounts hanging from the ceiling :D

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

savaze

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <02-21-11/0545:24> »
On the bright side older stuff is easier to fix and cheaper to mod, if it was mainstream...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <02-21-11/1151:35> »
Exactly.  Try finding parts for a classic VW Bug.  Still easy enough to do.

However, a "Rides" PDF would rock!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <02-21-11/1222:17> »
Exactly.  Try finding parts for a classic VW Bug.  Still easy enough to do.

However, a "Rides" PDF would rock!

There's only two vehicles I've ever driving that were held together by bungie cords 1) a VW bug with a Porsche engine in it. (bungie cords holding everything together where a bolt or rivet should have been, gotta love teenage ingenuity) 2) Robinson R-22 (it's a death trap waiting to happen but they're cheap helicopters, I flew It once and that was more than enough for me [it was engineered to be held together with bungies]).  Maybe that falls under the Jury Rigging perk instead of old tech...

« Last Edit: <02-21-11/1226:02> by savaze »

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-21-11/1754:50> »
There's only two vehicles I've ever driving that were held together by bungie cords 1) a VW bug with a Porsche engine in it. (bungie cords holding everything together where a bolt or rivet should have been, gotta love teenage ingenuity) 2) Robinson R-22 (it's a death trap waiting to happen but they're cheap helicopters, I flew It once and that was more than enough for me [it was engineered to be held together with bungies]).  Maybe that falls under the Jury Rigging perk instead of old tech...
Duct Tape.
My first car (1982 Mitsubishi colt) had Duct-Tape covering every rust patch, and it still passed inspection :) (But only once!)
- Just after inspection, the electrics started dying, so I had to hard-wire the radiator fan to the battery (requiring me ton pop-the-hood every time I started/stopped driving, to connect/disconnect the fan).
- Then the headlights didn't work, unless I pressed two wires together...
- then the indicator lever snapped off, so I had to drive with a screwdriver in my hand to jam into the steering mount whenever I needed to turn.
- Then the day before next inspection (where it had no hope) I drove it to the wreckers, and they offered me $50. Insulted, I left.
- On the way home from the wreckers, the engine finally died and never started again. Cost me $50 to tow it home....

Geez, I loved that car.....

P.S. Sold the wreck to some drunk in my apartment block before I moved out. He paid me $200 :D

Phreak Commandment V:

savaze

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <02-21-11/1834:38> »
Duct Tape.
My first car (1982 Mitsubishi colt) had Duct-Tape covering every rust patch, and it still passed inspection :) (But only once!)
- Just after inspection, the electrics started dying, so I had to hard-wire the radiator fan to the battery (requiring me ton pop-the-hood every time I started/stopped driving, to connect/disconnect the fan).
- Then the headlights didn't work, unless I pressed two wires together...
- then the indicator lever snapped off, so I had to drive with a screwdriver in my hand to jam into the steering mount whenever I needed to turn.
- Then the day before next inspection (where it had no hope) I drove it to the wreckers, and they offered me $50. Insulted, I left.
- On the way home from the wreckers, the engine finally died and never started again. Cost me $50 to tow it home....

Geez, I loved that car.....

P.S. Sold the wreck to some drunk in my apartment block before I moved out. He paid me $200 :D
These are the kinds of cars I wish upon my kids... I guess my wife and I are sadistic, but we learned a lot about responsibility and maintenance from barely functional vehicles.  My wife's first car was a redneck concoction: 1 part Geo Metro 1 Part Accura something, it didn't make sense to me either, but she grew up on a farm (it only cost her the tow for the wrecks and the family bonding time to put them together).  Ah the stories I could tell, but I suppose this isn't the site for that.