NEWS

Rigger 5 and Drone Weapon Mount Prices

• 8 Replies

忍

« on: <02-24-16/2301:44> »
On page 124 of Rigger 5 there are the descriptions for weapon mounts for drones. While the price for a pop up mount is written (100 x [new]MP), the base price for a mount isn't listed.

Does anyone know how much it costs to add a weapon mount to a drone using the drone mod rules? Perhaps someone pointed this out earlier and it was answered. I haven't found such a thing though.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-25-16/0105:16> »
Let's say I have a MCT Roto-Drone and I want to install a Pop-Up mount on the body for an AK-97.

By the CRB pg 466 under Roto-Drone, you treat the body as 3 higher for the purposes of weapon mounts and customization. By Rigger 5 pg 122, you have Modification Point (MP) equal to the drone Body attribute, which is normally 4 in the case of the Roto-Drone, but it is highly customizable so that number is actually 7. You have a pool of 7 MP to spend for the Roto-Drone.

Since an AK-97 is an Assault Rifle, consult the chart on Rigger 5 pg 124. We will need a Large Weapon Mount (12F) to mount the weapon, which will consume 4 MP. However, running around with a drone making serious heat will get the people looking and HTR on your case. Adding a blow off panel is not convenient, so we will add a housing and a pop-up mod to the mount. The pop-up mod will increase the MP cost of the Large Mount by 1, making it 5. The added cost will be 100 x New MP Cost (50) to the base price of the mount.

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
  • A rigger at heart, a confused mess in practice.
« Reply #2 on: <02-25-16/0145:18> »
The simple answer to your question is that on the chart in the top right of the page in rigger 5.0 where they talk about mounts. There are sizes listed. Your base price is the price of the size you buy. So if you know your size from the chart the price is listed.
I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.

&#24525;

« Reply #3 on: <02-25-16/0151:37> »
Perhaps I could have specified better. How much nuyen would it cost for only the weapon mount? No pop-out or pop-up.

The simple answer to your question is that on the chart in the top right of the page in rigger 5.0 where they talk about mounts. There are sizes listed. Your base price is the price of the size you buy. So if you know your size from the chart the price is listed.
Where might the nuyen cost be listed in this chart of yours? I do not see a size-price relation on a chart within the drone modification section.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #4 on: <02-25-16/0229:09> »
According to the author of the book in the errata thread the cost is 800 x MP.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-25-16/0339:15> »
Are you sure? I remember it being 400xMP
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-25-16/0345:11> »
Just looked it up before posting but I'll check again and quote it.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-25-16/0345:59> »
No, you are right. Looked it up.

It was 400 for the 0 MP single shot mount
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-25-16/0513:05> »
I thought I'd posted this earlier! Turns out that it's in the file I sent upstairs but NOT here. Time to fix that!

800$ * MP used. Keeps it simple, but a tad less than core.

Going to assume then that Tiny mounts use the "Count 0 as 0.5" thing so as they cost 400 not 0?

Yup. Use 0.5 instead of 0 for all multipliers. no freebies. :)

Going to leave the quote here anyway to have the author's quotation in case it goes into the FAQ