NEWS

How does this look for a custom dissonant echo?

• 1 Replies

Lorebane24

• Omae
« on: <04-15-18/1403:38> »
Looking at ways to get MCT into the game, I decided to install an escaped technomancer they had been doing dissonant research on (basically he was forced to undergo dissonant submersion), but there arent too many dissonant echoes to choose from.  Ive decided to run with tje cybertechnosthing from Lockdown and having augmentation of technomancers and mages one of MCT's big shticks, so how does this look for a dissonant echo developed by MCT?

Cybernetic Adaptation:  A dissonant technomancer is able to learn to adapt their abilities to the new neural pathways created by the instalation of cyberware.  It still takes a toll, but those who learn this echo aren't hit as hard by the essence loss, and are able to augment themselves more efficiently.

The technomacer's essence loss from cyberware (but not bioware) is halved when calculating how much Resonance they lose due to augmention.  The unhinging effects of dissonance compound the mental difficulties of cyberware, and these technomancers DOUBLE their egfectice essence loss from cyberware when determining their eligibility for (or risk of developing) cyberpsychosis.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-16-18/1155:16> »
Yeah,  I think it makes sense that there could be an increased risk of mental flaws with increased cyber adaptability.

Your echo doesn't really have any *real* drawbacks I presume. And that's also cool, as its mostly for npc's as I understand it.
If you wanted it to have a real drawback, then maybe for every resonance point saved through this echo the character must choose a negative quality from a limited list of mental and cyberware-related qualities. Stuff like cyberpsychosis,  weak immune system, paranoia etc.