NEWS

Assensing a Burnout

• 3 Replies

忍

« on: <03-26-18/2116:12> »
Is it possible to assense that a burnout is a burnout?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <03-27-18/0641:22> »
A full burnout without a trace of magic? Probably just registers as mundane. The Spirit world might know though.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-27-18/1302:21> »
If you take the rather infamous "Astral Bouncer" quality you certainly can asense that the person has the Magic quality, but his Magic attribute is at 0
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #3 on: <03-27-18/1315:43> »
They would certainly appear to simply be mundane, but it's could be reasonable for someone who rolled very high (5+) to see the very minuscule remnants of the magic in their aura, if that's good enough to see the resonance on a technomancer.

Personally I kind of like the impact of a burnout showing no signs of ever being magical, and how painful that would be for some characters and potentially frightening to the PCs (who realize their magic could disappear without a trace).  Plus it means they'd have to take the person's word for it or find proof elsewhere.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.