NEWS

Fleshing out Humanis for a series of runs

• 19 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-09-17/1918:04> »
Here's another fun game: how many blank lines will Glorious have at the end of each post? I count 4, 3, 8, and 18 respectively.

I'd suggest looking into Native American Nations Vol 1 because the main plot involves Jesse John going into left field and not only rejecting his Amerindian heritage and joining Humanis, but going so far as to "blow apart the NAN". Inside you'll find conflicting perspectives of members of Humanis. All-in-all a good read.

+1 to 忍, as this book is actually what informs my interpretation of Humanis. Humanis actually hires the PCs to stop the villain who is too wacko even for Humanis. The book openly notes that this is based on the historical split between the Irish Republican Army and the Provisional IRA.

The Johnson is Karl Brackhaven, uncle of Kenneth. Here's a good description:

[Brackhaven] truly believes in the Humanis cause, but he never lets his fanaticism show. Brackhaven has a good education that stressed history and psychology. He knows from historical precedent that the Humanis Policlub must be careful not to go too far. As it stands, many non-members feel some empathy with the club's cause. If the policlub goes over the top and gets involved in something like war among the NAN nations [sic], and if their involvement becomes known, then they will lose the limited popular support they have managed to build up over the years.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <05-09-17/1939:37> »
Loose Alliances has a piece of Humanis and racists, but it's pretty bad.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <05-09-17/2021:56> »
If you solve the mathematical riddle, you get a cookie.

Dampfish

• Newb
  • Stickin' with SR4A!
« Reply #18 on: <05-09-17/2350:53> »
I'd suggest looking into Native American Nations Vol 1 because the main plot involves Jesse John going into left field and not only rejecting his Amerindian heritage and joining Humanis, but going so far as to "blow apart the NAN". Inside you'll find conflicting perspectives of members of Humanis. All-in-all a good read.
I'll definitely check those out!

---

But if you guys had to come up with a few groups of your own, what would they be? Perhaps ones that could be attending that big meet-up, significant ones or not, or just some that could be thrown into the background that would "pop" out.
Has anyone of you ever dived deeper into Humanis and showed it from the "inside," and if so how did you do it?
"It's not my fault if you don't understand what I'm saying."

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <05-14-17/1713:00> »
If you use infiltrators, throw in an agent provocateur or two.