Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2235 on: <03-28-16/0942:45> »
Athos laughs.  "Even this trog can understand that.  Let's do it."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2236 on: <03-29-16/1804:55> »
@Maxwell the spirit manifests in front of you all in all his glory, as he does people start fleeing the streets. He appears as an 10 feet tall skeleton giant.  He gaze at your eyes and declares "Two services chaos lord - make them interesting." He say. Something about his body languge hints that he is enjoying the mayhem his pressence causes in one of the more secure neighborhoods of Seattle.
« Last Edit: <03-29-16/1808:06> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #2237 on: <03-30-16/1654:14> »
Busting out in a gruesome laugh at the terror his spirit is causing.  Maxwell watches random civilians flee from the might and sight of Valfar.  He bangs his fist to his chest a few time to calm himself down from the hoarse cackling.  Once he was done laughing, Maxwell looks up at the giant skeleton, matching his gaze and says.  "Going to have you search for someone known as a toxic mage.  Whatever the hell that truly is.  Just need slot the chip given from my contractor to see if there is a photo ID."  Kynos hands Maxwell the data chip and he promptly slots it into his comm's chip reader to see what information is on it.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2238 on: <04-01-16/1058:15> »
Valfar looks at the pictures in the comlink and disappears without saying a word leaving the comlink to drop from mid air and Maxwell can barely catch it. It is about half an hour later when the un dead lord notifies Maxwell that he cannot find the man in the picture anywhere in the city.

The data chip stores basic information such as name and address, work history within aurora apparently your toxic mage was not very good at his job. Insisting to do things differently all the time and failing to confront to the norms of the Aurora cooperation where he worked for 20 years. Now at 40 he is still on a relatively junior position. His last known address is the Vault a gated community shared by reach individuals and companies that are too small for a neighborhood of their own.

« Last Edit: <04-01-16/1101:34> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2239 on: <04-01-16/1532:30> »
While browsing the file for the list of known spells and what tradition the mage had followed - the most important part as far as Kynos was concerned - he remarked on the Vault address:
"It's safe to assume, that in his flat we will find a few nasty surprises. But it might be worth a shot anyway to go there - provided Mrs. Page can get us an official visitors pass. I really am not in the mood to break into a gated community today, just to encounter some magical booby traps."

After learning that the spirit could not find the mage:
"Seems like he has taken shelter in a lodge or some other kind of mana barrier. What would you rather do - search his flat or look around the mall? Maybe we can ask the girl that delivered the pamphlet if she has seen something relevant. Always provided that wasn't the mage himself with a mask spell."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2240 on: <04-03-16/2207:19> »
Athos shoulders his assault rifle and says, "So what is our play here?  Got to admit I do not have much experience fighting spirits or mages.  Do either die from lead poisoning or am only I useful here as damage magnet so you guys can take him out?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2241 on: <04-04-16/1423:11> »
"It's a game of rocket tag. If you attack before the mage can you can very much kill him. Geek the mage first and it's spirits shouldn't be to much of a problem. But if they are, it would be Sovereign's job to call a bigger spirit to deal with it.
And yes, you can hurt spirits but it usually takes quite a lot of power. Keep you eyes open. That's the most important part."

Kynos said absentmindedly while he kept browsing the file.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2242 on: <04-04-16/1543:21> »
Kynos the mage named James Franco and follows black magic, 41 divorced and has a single daughter named Christa. His ex wife is named Gabriela Franco.

Registered spells: Heal.

Registered alchemist preparations: spell-blade, fireball, levitate shape change, invisibility, improve reflexes, manaball,makeover, physical mask, deflection, combat sense, improve intuition and armor.

As well as several rituals: Ward, curse, watcher,  huminculuns, aspect mana line.

He completed a Thd in Seattle state university and his thesis topic was "Advanced triggering of alchemical preparations"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2243 on: <04-05-16/1452:42> »
Kynos whistled through his teeth: "Have you seen this? The guy has a daughter and an ex-wife. Maybe she can she some light on what happened with her ex and where he would hide. If all else fails we can threaten his daughter to lure him out... Yeah, yeah. I said threaten not actually harming.

But first, let's have a talk with that girl that brought us the flyer.

Sovereign, you have seen this guy's handy work. Based on this and the fact that he used to be a black mage tradition, could your spirit find his lodge if it was somewhere within or below Aurora Village? I'm pretty sure you can't hide the astral barrier you are hiding behind..."
talk think matrix

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #2244 on: <04-07-16/2221:58> »
Maxwell sighs angrily at the notice of his spirit being unable to find the mage.  "Why is it never that easy?"  Instead of spending his time on wishful thinking, he goes over the data upon the chip with Athos and Kynos.  A heavy groan being mentally let out.  "I guess everybody is a black mage.  Although, i'm not one anymore.  I'm not sure what tradition I follow.  Maybe i'll call it the Sovereign tradition.  Then again, Valfar called me a chaos lord.  Chaos tradition sounds pretty badass.  Wait a minute... i'm getting off topic.  Ummmmm... let's see... this is going to be fucking annoying.  The prick probably has wards and watchers everywhere.  Finding him is going to take all day."

After listening in on the talk between the other two runners, Maxwell speaks up and chimes in to Athos first.  "Don't sell yourself short.  You'll be an amazing bullet sponge.  Which'll be great for me."  Hopefully his really bad joke would make the solemn troll crack a smile or two.  With that out of the way, he adds on to what Kynos had asked.  "We could try that.  But honestly the kidnapping angle feels like a waste of time to me.  This James Franco guy might not care about that sort of thing.  I mean, he literally just bombed a public place, for fun I might add.  I don't think threatening his daughter will actually do anything but make him laugh as he throws another alchemical fireball at us.  Also I didn't get a very good look at his preparation before it went off.  So I don't really have a good idea of what his astral signature would look like."
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2245 on: <04-08-16/0927:48> »
"Well in that case we are going straight back to the plaza and while we look for the flyer girl, you ascenn the hell out of this fireball thing. Something of his magic must linger around."
Replied Kynos
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2246 on: <04-08-16/1028:53> »
Athos nods.  This is something he can understand and may even be able to help with.  All the mojo stuff is way beyond him.  He turns to follow Kynos and Sovereign.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2247 on: <04-09-16/0256:02> »
Going back to the plaza in full armor probably wasn't what Mrs. Page had had in mind - on the other hand she now was in intensive care, so maybe she would have revised her opinion on that. Kynos enjoyed the fact that he could work here with official sanction - it made life so much easier.
Looking for the nearest security guard, he asked him: "Excuse me, hi we are the contractors Mrs. Page hired to deal with your crazy mage problem. We received his file, but since you probably have worked with him in the past, maybe there is some information you could give us about him that wasn't included there. For example, did he have a favorite lookout or some workshop inside the mall? Especially the cellars or storerooms would be of interest.
Also, we are looking for a girl - she served us the flyer that blew Mrs. Page up. If you could locate her with your security system you'd do us a big favor."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2248 on: <04-10-16/0940:36> »
The security guard tells you "speak to Mr. King he is chief of security. That 'crazy' mage was barely in here, once a month or so. He typically ships his stuff to the drone port on the roof." 

Mr. King's office is in the top floor and has a nice city view. He is a middle aged orc, with multiple gang tatoos, not the kind of someone you'd exepect to be hired as a cooperate suit. He welcomes you to his office and offers you coffee. "I thought you were goners that explosion was a real hoop kicker." he said and sighed "Not much I could do about it - his bombs are so mundane.  This is why you are here. I told Page to just geek the mage, but she is a suit with their formal resignation latters and benefit packages and all sort of red tape.
With his attidue he would not last for very long in the shadows, being a mage makes up for a lot of shortcomings - but few can get away with vendetta against a cooperation. "

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2249 on: <04-10-16/1114:59> »
Athos can appreciate the gang tats on the security chief.  He looks at the man in the suit and wonders how he overcame his roots to land here.  The large office does not seem to have been designed with Trolls in mind and there is no place for him to sit, but the ceiling was designed to impress others and so it high enough to let him stand comfortably.  Athos looks the guy in the eye and says, "So, any personal information on this guy that is not in the file we got?  Any known or suspected friends or associates that might have been left out?  We know the guy has family, but what about a girlfriend?"