NEWS

No Future reprint

• 12 Replies

fseperent

• Omae
« on: <07-10-19/1401:37> »
Just looked through the life modules.
Almost all the knowledge skills are missing how much they are advanced.
Does anyone have those numbers?
My first printing got overwritten.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-10-19/1407:11> »
I'm not sure if the new copy is dual stat or 6W only... But in 6th knowledge skills don't have ranks/levels.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-10-19/1419:29> »
That would explain the skill groups having skill specializations.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-11-19/2016:11> »
Just picked mine up from the game store. While the rules part I’ll wait and see for 6e how they pan out. The non rules part are pretty damn solid. I’m not a huge fan of the writing style or tone i guess. But it really covers many of the bases in decent detail on the settings entertainment.

And it seems to be 6e only rules wise.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <07-12-19/0022:48> »
Just picked mine up from the game store. While the rules part I’ll wait and see for 6e how they pan out. The non rules part are pretty damn solid. I’m not a huge fan of the writing style or tone i guess. But it really covers many of the bases in decent detail on the settings entertainment.

The PDF was originally in 5E, but they updated it to 6E for the print run.

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <07-12-19/0051:19> »

So the No Future book has been updated to 6E for the print version then? Excellent! I'll be picking mine up tomorrow, and I wasn't sure from the past comments that this would be the case; I knew the PDF was going to be updated, but I was less sure of the print book.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-12-19/0102:00> »

So the No Future book has been updated to 6E for the print version then? Excellent! I'll be picking mine up tomorrow, and I wasn't sure from the past comments that this would be the case; I knew the PDF was going to be updated, but I was less sure of the print book.

It’s got a high production value and the AR gimmick with basically plastic overlays to represent it is kind of cool.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <07-12-19/0211:21> »
I hope I have it in 5e somewhere electronically so I can compare.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <07-12-19/0820:53> »
I hope I have it in 5e somewhere electronically so I can compare.
I'm doing that now.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-12-19/0842:42> »
I’ll say the weapon stats seem off for me. This is based somewhat on what people in the real play thing said. But if an assault canon in like 6 a Molotov cocktail shouldn’t be 10 or even close to 10. I’d expect it to be around 4. If a knife is 1 a hardened yo-yo shouldn’t be 2. I don’t know what sword is at off hand but I’m guessing 3 and a pitchfork does 3 with a av of 10.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <07-12-19/0925:30> »
I’ll say the weapon stats seem off for me. This is based somewhat on what people in the real play thing said. But if an assault canon in like 6 a Molotov cocktail shouldn’t be 10 or even close to 10. I’d expect it to be around 4. If a knife is 1 a hardened yo-yo shouldn’t be 2. I don’t know what sword is at off hand but I’m guessing 3 and a pitchfork does 3 with a av of 10.
I haven't seen the Panther stats, but from what I can tell, the Molotov Cocktail only does 10P if it impacts the target. It has zero range, since the columns are adjusting the DV according to how close the target is to where the cocktail hit (4P if within 2m; 2P if within 5m; nothing further out). The stats card for the Ares Desert Strike show the AR for the gun at the different ranges (3 for within 3m; 10 for anything further), but it's the same 5P at all the ranges.

Now, in 5E, the Molotov is 8P DV; -6 AP, Blast -4/m, and does Fire damage. The Ares Desert Strike in 5E is 13P, -4 AP. So it does look like the Molotov's damage got upped, but whether it's more powerful than an assault cannon or not, I don't know.

With regards to the knife and yo-yo, the Knife in the BBS is 2P with an AR of 6 within 3m, 1 within 3m-20m. The yo-yo is 2S (hardened)/2P (bladed) with an AR of 8 within 3m, nothing outside 3m. That actually sounds pretty true to me.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <07-12-19/0934:36> »
Okay, scanned through 5E versus 6E for No Future. The only changes I see in stats are the Weapon stats (since combat got a major workover), the Vehicle stats for Speed/Acceleration are now Acceleration/Speed Int/Top Speed (all other stats are the same), and the Skills for the Life Modules. Cyberware, other gear, and qualities all read identical (Except Stolen Gear: that has added text about a Heat Rating for the player - maybe replaces Notoriety?).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #12 on: <07-12-19/1000:05> »
There's Heat and Reputation and I'm not saying another word. :-X
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!