NEWS

Glow City

• 7 Replies

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« on: <12-02-19/0009:58> »
My players will be pursuing a toxic shaman into Glow City this week. Has this location ever been featured in a published adventure or mission? I've seen the basic sourcebook descriptions (Seattle p.130, New Seattle p.65, Runner Havens p.113, Seattle 2072 p.117), but I was hoping for some grittier details about running encounters there (e.g., effects of background radiation, stat blocks for mutant critters). I can wing it if I have to, but it'd be nice to have some material to start with. Any edition.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-02-19/0020:06> »
That's Rusted Stilettos turf, right? I love using them. There is also glow rats in Howling Shadows iirc.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-03-19/1444:43> »
Correct, Rusted Stilettos turf.

In addition to Glow Rats (p. 95-6), Howling Shadows also has Radhounds (p. 100) and Razortcats (p. 102). Also see Angel Squirrels (p. 93). There are also rules for Energy Aura: Radiation (p. 190).

Don't forget Elemental Attack: Radiation from Street Grimoire (p. 195). "Nuclear" is a Toxic Spirit of Fire (p. 88), and Radiation Beam/Burst are Indirect Combat Spells (p. 105). There's also a sidebar on p. 105 that talks about Radiation damage and how powerful it is (armor doesn't apply, it acts as a toxin causing Nausea, etc.). Nasty, messy stuff.

5E's Seattle Box Set has a few more details (p. 61 of Emerald Shadows, specifically). It notes that the dragon Kalanyr has taken an interest in Glow City and has been purchasing land there. A group of toxic shaman called the Isotopes work for Kalanyr, in exchange for cleansing their irradiated bodies.

Target: Wastelands has a brief mention of Glow City on p. 12 but it's nothing very helpful. Same with Runner's Companion (just a blurb on the Rusted Stils, and that an apartment in Glow City would qualify for the Haunted quality for a Lifestyle). Same again for Brainscan, which has a couple quick mentions (p. 32 and 40)in the context of Glow City being home to the Rusted Stils.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <12-03-19/1528:12> »
Kalanyr also is described in Clutch of the Dragons, with some stuff about Glow City.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #4 on: <12-05-19/1024:46> »
IIRC correctly, in the Streetpedia, Kalanyr's residence in Glow City is mentioned in the past tense, suggesting that she has moved on (or at least moved).  Although it doesn't say where she is now.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <12-05-19/1209:34> »
What I can find in SR4 is that Kalanyr has two bases, the first is Beaver Lake, a part of Glow City where he has a cult and Rusted Stilettos (which still work with him as per Beginner Box). He doesn't live there anymore but occasionally visits. At Madrona Park apartments he owns the top 4 floors, two of which he uses as base, two below he rents out.

What you should know is that Kalanyr is a radioactive dragon, he owns the Rusted Stilettos and still occasionally checks in on the place. He also has a construction army of spirits working in Redmond, so he always has forces in the area if he really is pissed off by something. And he's interested in the whole Free Seattle thing, as evident by his attempt to kidnap a UCAS representative in the Beginner Box.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <12-05-19/1723:36> »
I am currently running a Redmond-based campaign so of course Kalanyr is going to play a part.  I'm keeping him in the background right now, but I really really would like to get my hands on Free Seattle so I can advance some anarchist and Kalanyr plots.  We played the beginner box in August and these plot threads are just dangling there...

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <12-06-19/0314:46> »
From what I heard about Free Seattle, you'll enjoy it. ;D