NEWS

New-Tokyo Adventure Availability

• 10 Replies

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« on: <09-06-18/1056:48> »
So, if I wanted to run a mission for Neo-Tokyo characters this weekend, is anything available for play?  I know several conventions have run new modules, but don’t know about availability for play at game stores or homes.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-06-18/1142:29> »
So far the Neo-Tokyo missions and 2018 CMPs are only available to CDT agents.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-10-18/0949:10> »
Has there been any indications on a release date?  I’ve got a new group that I have gotten interested in trying Missions.  I want to strike while the iron is hot, and not force them to switch characters after a few games.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-10-18/1356:05> »
You might be better served running Chicago then anyway.

There are four full seasons of missions for Chicago plus over 4 years of CMPs (at 8 a year).

The only reason you would have to switch over is if you end up going to a convention that is running exclusively Neo-Tokyo

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-10-18/1640:42> »
A local CDT GM is finishing up the last of the Chicago mods in the next few months, and then moving into Neo-Tokyo.  My concern is that when the next local convention hits (in February), Neo-Tokyo modules will be running there, and I don’t want these fresh recruits to sit down at a table and be told their characters aren’t valid.  We only play when we don’t have a full table for our home campaign (currently D&D), so I only expect to be running Shadowrun for them every 2 months or so.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-10-18/1653:59> »
Well on the flip side of that same coin, if you run the Neo-Tokyo stuff now, come February there won't be any new Neo-Tokyo stuff by then so they'll either have to replay with new characters, or play Chicago with new characters.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-10-18/1724:43> »
I would communicate with the local agent and whoever is organizing the Shadowrun for that convention and confirm what will be available there. If they are going to run exclusively Neo-Tokyo, that will shape what you might want to do.

SSDR is right, there are a total of 14 missions available to characters made for Neo-Tokyo  (6 SRMs, and 8 CMPs). CMP missions are rarely made available to the public (only the occasional compilation book) and SRMs usually take several months if not more than a year to be released in PDF. To give you an idea, not all of the Chicago Missions are even publicly released yet, I believe they've only put out 2 of 6 of the final season.

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-11-18/0936:01> »
I would communicate with the local agent and whoever is organizing the Shadowrun for that convention and confirm what will be available there. If they are going to run exclusively Neo-Tokyo, that will shape what you might want to do.

SSDR is right, there are a total of 14 missions available to characters made for Neo-Tokyo  (6 SRMs, and 8 CMPs). CMP missions are rarely made available to the public (only the occasional compilation book) and SRMs usually take several months if not more than a year to be released in PDF. To give you an idea, not all of the Chicago Missions are even publicly released yet, I believe they've only put out 2 of 6 of the final season.
The CMPs were run at a local con last month, and most of my players didn’t play any of them.  The only exception was my wife, who got to play 2 modules.  My hope was to get the 1st Neo-Tokyo mission to get players used to the background (something I wish I had the opportunity to do), and then start a CMP if the group has another chance to play Missions before February.  That would leave up to 5 Neo-Tokyo missions that the group can play at the con - 6 if they want to start a secondary character.

Only two of the players tried out Missions prior to Neo-Tokyo.  My wife has a Chicago character with 100+ Karma earned, and a second player has a character with about 60 Karma.  However, we have two new players starting, and the two experienced characters would rather start fresh with Neo-Tokyo than use characters that outstrip the new player and that they won’t be able to use at local conventions.  My conversations with the CDT agents indicate they want to go with Neo-Tokyo going forward, and the Denver area only has two notable local cons per year (Labor Day weekend and President’s Day weekend).  Since the CMPs were run at the Labor Day con, it looks like the core SRMs for Neo-Tokyo will be run at the con in February.

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-13-18/0010:19> »
One more question - is Into the Shadows / The First Taste valid for Season 9?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <09-13-18/0049:50> »
Bull assumes yes, as he replied to you here. They're not city-bound adventures after all.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-13-18/0120:37> »
Bull assumes yes, as he replied to you here. They're not city-bound adventures after all.

(nod) I just wanted to make sure the current administration agreed with that.