NEWS

CASTS or Stirrup Interface?

• 23 Replies

Tym Jalynsfein

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <03-20-17/1416:44> »
Amoral Shadowrunners? Who would have thought.... 8)
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <03-20-17/1636:09> »
You're best bet for a human would be to get a hold of someone that's a Blank Slate.
Of course,you'd probably need to be amoral to do it.
At that point, we're talking less "amoral" more "mustache-twirling villain."

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <03-20-17/1726:14> »
You're best bet for a human would be to get a hold of someone that's a Blank Slate.
Of course,you'd probably need to be amoral to do it.
At that point, we're talking less "amoral" more "mustache-twirling villain."

Evil does not need a reason, but it usually has a goal.

Unsurprisingly, the same can be said for madness.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <03-21-17/0937:56> »
Or success.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #19 on: <03-21-17/1013:23> »
Realistically though, this all depends on why you'd want to do it.

If it's for combat, just use an anthrodrone.  It'll have its weaknesses, of course, but a properly piloted hotsim anthrodrone wearing normal armor (which Wakshaani has stated can indeed be worn, it just doesn't stack with the drone's base armor) can be hard to hurt and have a lot of Initiative, while having a very high dice pool for most actions.  And, you know, be waaaaay cheaper and potentially even legal.

If it's social infiltration...  I'd say it's a tie between an anthrodrone with Realistic Features 4 and a rigged human.  Though...  The drone failing means people realize its a drone and getting pissed.  If people realize it's basically a meat puppet, oh god will they react badly.  Expect HTR, and civilians having nightmares.  Not that you'd be bothered by that, you monster.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #20 on: <03-22-17/2103:17> »
The main benefit of a metahuman meatpuppet drone over an anthromorphic drone is that the biodrone passes astral scans. No matter how good the Realistic Features, it is an autosuccess for someone looking on the Astral to see that it is a drone, not a person.

And it is hard to tell that the metahuman biodrone's nature if the controller is constantly jumped in, such as if an AI is using an elf's implanted commlink as their home node.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #21 on: <03-23-17/0532:20> »
That's true.  Even a heavily augmented biodrone still is (technically) a living creature.  And there's an idea for you...  An AI living inside an RCC or something always jumped into a metahuman biodrone.  Who needs CFD?  Let's do this drek analog (not really)!
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #22 on: <03-23-17/1151:55> »
Heh. I had this idea back in 4e, before the nano-troubles were even whispered about in the books. But I could never find the nuyen cost for a metahuman biodrone.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-23-17/1950:07> »
About as much as I contact, I'd say.