NEWS

Anarchy Narration Aid

• 16 Replies

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-02-17/1401:24> »
For simple device bricking, I have been just using the difficulty level opposing dice.  Easy (4) for a gun. Average ( 8 ) for cyberware.  And so on... You judge the difficulty like you judge the difficulty of anything else (i.e. whatever makes sense and whatever will make a better story).

I have been making this one, all or nothing action, rather than several incremental damaging attempts.  I didn't want to give guns/gear CMs.

I work drones a little differently.  The book says vehicles dont have CMs; they only have Armor.  So I took the CMs off of the Enemy Drones NPC entries (you can see these in the Anarchy Threats thread).  Basically I use cybercombat damage to drones like any other damage.  So one player might shoot a drone and take half the armor off and the decker can dataspike the drone and finish it off.  If you think that weakens drones a bit, then just add more drones.  I use Logic for opposing dice, so usually 6.  You might add a Firewall if you want.  I find it unnecessary.

Basically whereever the rules are unclear, I try to use existing Anarchy rules rather than creating new mechanics.
« Last Edit: <02-16-17/0232:46> by Gingivitis »
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com

Console_Cowboy

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <02-03-17/1757:15> »
For simple device bricking, I have been just using the difficulty level opposing dice.  Easy (4) for a gun. Average (8) for cyberware.  And so on... You judge the difficulty like you judge the difficulty of anything else (i.e. whatever makes sense and whatever will make a better story).

I have been making this one, all or nothing action, rather than several incremental damaging attempts.  I didn't want to give guns/gear CMs.

I agree with this a lot. I went with it like any other Hacking Test, modified by range, but required the expenditure of a Plot Point if the roll is successful. Once the point is spent the piece of gear/cyberware can't be used for the remainder of the scene. I didn't feel quite right allowing deckers to just completely screw over a street sam's Shadow Amp. Requiring a plot point forced them to be judicious about doing this - but still gave them ample moments to shine.

I basically did the same thing you did w/ Drones.
“The future us already here. It’s just unevenly distributed.”
-Neuromancer