NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1710 on: <08-01-13/0117:12> »
So, how those char-conversions comming along?

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1711 on: <08-01-13/0745:34> »
Pretty good, should have something to post by this weekend. I like the new magic system. I never really liked how it was always far more effective to either cast spells at minimal force or totally max them out depending on the spell. The elimination of the F/2 drain model is good too. We'll have to see how the "grenade scatter" rules for AOE spells works in the field. I'm looking forward to.. experimenting.  :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1712 on: <08-04-13/0445:09> »
Im almost ready, there is a question of gear and modifications applied to weapons, that I wont be able to solve with current books AFAIK

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1713 on: <08-04-13/2042:11> »
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm working to get my skills, magic, qualities, etc to 100% 5th Edition, but there are some pieces of gear that don't really have an equivalent yet. This will obviously be Inca's final call, but I'd assume that if we aren't going to use some of the tweaks from 4th edition (form fitting body armor, internal weapon mods, etc) then our opponents won't either, so it's kind of a wash.

Inca, I'm sending you my character via PM now for your review

Thanks

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1714 on: <08-05-13/0037:14> »
Yeah, the drawback to switching additions is to not have as many options as there were before, but that should start to change as more books come out.  For now just try to find the closest equivalent and if it's a problem ask me.  For example with form fitting just try to buy yourself a set of armor that would get you as close as you can to your former rating. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1715 on: <08-05-13/0333:11> »
My problem is mostly with heavily modified guns. Well i can get over it and run with basic versions. Tool is just a tool. We live by it, we die by it :)
« Last Edit: <08-05-13/1242:42> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1716 on: <08-05-13/0902:00> »
Like Thermo said, your enemies won't have access to the stuff either.

@Everyone:
So anyone else interested in running a 5ed Decker? 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1717 on: <08-05-13/1244:03> »
Id love to meet Brick again for the obvious reasons.
Thermo? We need to do some work in dontime IMO. How about that trip to Carbonada Ive been talking about to find a man who will be able to tell us more about those dronez...

BTW my converted character is in the same thread as original Zach, linked in my signature...
« Last Edit: <08-05-13/1254:55> by Sichr »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1718 on: <08-05-13/1252:34> »
I might be interested in creating a decker, modifying one of my concepts to fit the job. I'd need a few days to complete it, as i only read the 5e matrix rules once and i need to familiarize myself with them to play an effective decker.
Question to the GM: character generation is by the book, general level (25 karma, nujen as per the priority table)? What is your take on technomancers?
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1719 on: <08-05-13/2255:50> »
Storm has been updated to 5th Edition, link in my sig still works. Spent the 12 karma from the last run increasing Counterspelling from 4 to 5 and got a specialization as well.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1720 on: <08-05-13/2256:52> »
@Zach: Let's get this show on the road! I'd like to find out who the bastard is that tried to ambush us with those fragging flying toasters.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1721 on: <08-06-13/1436:14> »
@Storm: Ok. First, we would need something of value to use for our bargain with residentsin Carbonada. You dont happen to have some antibiotics or spare medkits with you? I think we pay a visit to good doctor Watson to get something. I`d also like to leave message for Brick with her. I haven`t been there for a while, well the place may be watched. Need you to make the call, someone looking for my voice pattern or accent can be listening. Here. Use my comm. Ive changed the AcessID already, it would be difficult to connnect the call to us.
Tell her...hmm....that you are realy happy with your new liver and you are staying out of booze since the spasm. That you would like to repay my debt to society by providing medicine to those in need. So you need what she can provide for, lets say, 5K.
Let`s see what she offers.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1722 on: <08-06-13/1504:26> »
All my "deckers" are strictly 4th ed, to say nothing about how I'm not into 5th ed yet and have time commitments elsewhere. I'd run brick again, (maybe) but he's also moving up in the shadows on a different path. Inca knows what I'm talking about. Good luck my friends.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1723 on: <08-06-13/1543:53> »
@ Teyl:

If u wanna run a 5ed Brick your more than welcome to hop in anytime. 

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1724 on: <08-08-13/0814:41> »
@Zach: I got nothin', chummer. I don't need medkits, when it comes to healing I've got better options (holds up hand to show slight glowing at fingertips). I'm not real big on leaving voice messages, I've got some people on my trail after the ruckus in Tir a while back. Wiz tech isn't my thing, but I suggest we find a way to leave it as an AR message through the Shadowland board so it can't get traced back to us. If we need to send Brick a private message, I can send a Watcher to deliver it since I know him personally.