NEWS

Chasing the Wind: Question about Sam

• 18 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #15 on: <11-11-14/1719:24> »
An essence loss of >5 may mean -6 on her current and maximum Resonance, but if she submerged before the final point, her maximum Resonance would be 6+1-6 = 1, and her maximum Submersion rating equals her current Resonance so 1. In other words, if she submerged and raised her Resonance before hitting 0, she'd be fine but stuck at 1 forever.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #16 on: <11-11-14/1833:51> »
An essence loss of >5 may mean -6 on her current and maximum Resonance, but if she submerged before the final point, her maximum Resonance would be 6+1-6 = 1, and her maximum Submersion rating equals her current Resonance so 1. In other words, if she submerged and raised her Resonance before hitting 0, she'd be fine but stuck at 1 forever.

That's correct.  The implication is that she submerged (as a child) before all the experimentation.  So her current and maximum Resonance are 1.

Incidentally, all the stats listed under her Living Persona line are wrong.  I wrote these using a playtest version of the technomancer rules before the core rulebook was completed.  I've never seen it come up (and I've GMed this mission four times between home table and conventions), but her matrix stats should be lowered by 2 (to match her mental stats, per p. 251, SR5) and the initiative dice are wrong.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Dunedon

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <11-11-14/1906:55> »
Thanks for the clarifications ... I hadn't read the rules quite that way although it does make sense now that it's explained.

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #18 on: <12-02-14/1636:04> »
Also, if she spent the Karma to buy Exceptional Attribute (Resonance), she could be gin to grow as a Technomancer again.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal